Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Splitcoaststampers only for su demonstrators???

I am new to the website and found it through sudsol. I was so excited to see something with so many ideas, but was a little upset if just anyone could log on and get the same ideas as me (ecspecially my customers). I was reading the home page forum about getting monadhesive from another supplier and thought that it probably wasn't such a great suggestion if all our customers could view it and could hurt all the demonstrators out there. SO PLEASE TELL ME IF I'M CONFUSED HERE OR IF I HAVE A POINT! I hope I am mistaken about it all, because this is the best website yet that I have seen and has increased my business due to the great ideas with all our stamps! HELP I NEED ADVICE!! :? :?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's a site for everyone!
I am not a demo but I have a different take on this. I buy my stamps, paper, ink, and just about everything from my demo, but, I have never purchased any adhesives. I have used adhesives from lots of other places. If I can save money on glue, then I can afford more from SU. I love SU but not everything is a bargain from them. I spent about 300.00 last year on SU, but maybe 30.00 from viking and other places. HTH.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

You have a point, but think of the additional sales you will have when your customers see all the great ideas, techniques and ideas shared on this sight. They will want to buy more and more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I believe that it started out as being a site for Tracy's downline (find that info in "about") but has blossomed into this wonderful site.

I think it's wonderful that there are demos and non-demos here. We all learn from each other. And let me tell you, I'm not a demo and seeing specials on mono does not keep me from placing nice orders with my demo. I don't even use mono...just double-stick tape. But aside from all the deals you can find through here, you can't get the awesome ink, paper and stamps anywhere than from your awesome demo!

And what an awesome resource for your customers than to come to this site, browse the gallery and decide that they really need a certain set because of samples posted! That would be the only reason I got Canvas...and I'm glad I did.

So, think of it as a way to get your customers excited about sets and not as a loss on mono.

Enjoy and we look forward to seeing your work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Come on in!! But BEWARE :twisted: THis place is ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

There is a general discussion board for everyone and there is also a DEMO only section to discuss business ideas, etc. for SU demos. The viking mono adhesive post and other things have been discussed a lot. Every demo feels differently about it. I think it is just a fact of business....there are lots of "better" deals out there and your customers will find them one way or another. I personally tell my customers about them b/c they still get their stamps and ink from me and they appreciate teh honesty. It is not very fair if I am getting my mono, heat gun, stamp-a-ma-jig, whatever from somewhere else at a discount but let them pay so much more to oredr it from me. That is a PERSONAL feeling and I know that not all demos believe that, but your customers will find out one way or another. My thought is better they hear it from you and make the decission to buy it from you anyways!

If you look under Forums, there is a demo portion of this site that you can sign up from. It will not be automatice b/c you need to be verified.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I can't agree more... I'm not a demo for SU, but my demo is the one who told me about this site.

I never buy my adhesive from SU (I use herma). But I refuse to buy ink, paper or stamps anywhere else. I don't think I'm hurting my demo's business...

There are several stamp sets that I was going to get rid of because I couldn't come up with ANY ideas for them... Now, I keep buying more because of the great examples here. Especially the Sell-a-bration sets. I was not thrilled with any of them this year, until I saw them demo'ed here.
Now I need them ALL!!!

JMHO.

~*~ ALLISON ~*~

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

While splitcoast is for everyone, including TAC and CTMH demos and customers, there is a demo only section. It is a great forum called growing your business. There is tons of info just for SU demos.

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

When I first joined this site, I hadn't become a demo yet, and looking through all the galleries kept making me want to buy new sets, and let's face it--the sets are where the money's at! So I think this site encourages SU business. Also, as a demo, the demo's only forum really helped me get my business started--there's lots of great resources on there! Check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I kind of feel...

the same way in regards to a post about Tastefully Simple and our beer bread. Someone put a recipe on how to make our beer bread and said not to spend the 4.99 on our bread. I feel like that could affect our sales as well especially since that is our #1 seller. I buy alot of stuff from my SU demo. Thought many a time to becoming a demo but still keep going back to my lady. If adhesive is the only thing they don't buy from you be thankful that that is the only thing. Just remember people will keep coming back who truly love SU whether for adhesive or not. Keep smiling you are doing a great job!!
Hugs
Crystal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

This site is for demos and non-demos. We share the very best in ideas, art work, and bargains. I am a demo and I recommend this set to all my customers. I try to tell my customers about deals that are outside the SU catalog and I find that they are all grateful for the heads-up, but tend to order from the catalog to support the hostess or to add to their order.

You will enjoy this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAMom2ChelNJustin
There are several stamp sets that I was going to get rid of because I couldn't come up with ANY ideas for them... Now, I keep buying more because of the great examples here.
I can't agree more with Allison. Ever since I discovered this website I only wanted to BUY BUY BUY to create all these wonderful cards (I even purchase stamp sets that I never thought I'd like..).
This site also convinced me on becoming a new demo, and I'll make sure to tell all my customers-to-be to check out this website for ideas in inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I'm a demo & I don't buy anything from anyone else because it undercuts my position as a demonstrator if I represent anything but the stamps & supplies in the SU! catalog. I buy SNAIL, not Mono and tell my cutsomers that it is exclusive to SU!. It is a PERSONAL choice for every demonstrator, but somewhere in the demo agreement, we agree not to endorse any other products. Customers may find a better deal somewhere else, but they can do their own legwork. I'm not going to tell them to spend their money somewhere else because I don't get Instant Income, Volume Rebate, Great Rewards Points, Trip Points or any other incenvite points (currently Sell-A-Bration sales incentive and coming up, Spring Into Action points) from purchases they (or I) make anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Demo only

I'm a demo for TAC and I send all my friends/customers here. It's an awesome site for everyone.
In Him,
Shawna

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a new hobby demo but longtime SU supporter. This website has shown me samples from sets I would never dream of buying. I think this site is good for business. Plus if one of your customers sees something done on here and wants to know how to do it you can always say let's book a workshop and I can show you along with your guests.
SCS #11408
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think this site is the best thing that ever happened to SU! and SU! demo's. I would LOVE to know how much extra SU! business and new SU! demo's have been generated since the beginning of 2004 due to this site. I'm one of them (just signed up two weeks ago), and I would have never dreamed I would do it a few months back. But the more time I spent here, the more sets and coordinating card stock and ink pads, chalks, markers, etc. I just had to have! Voila, one day it dawned on me it would be wise for me to become a demo!

Long live SCS! Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

We would just find another place to go for ideas...my SU demonstrator told me about the site, and I probably buy more from her because of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:46 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Your customers likely have a Michael's or some other craft store in town, maybe even a nice stamp store. It is a competitive market. Don't you remember the part in "Miracle on 34th Street" when the real Santa Claus sent the mother to Gimbels? That's really building on-going relationships for return customers.

I think SU's stamps sets are special as they are very positive happy images. And this site offers a breathtaking depth of real artistic talent at your fingertips. What a great selling point.

It's not the glue, its the glow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

While the site was created for Tracy's Downline originally, I think it has grown a lot more then that. You'll find folks discussing much more then Stampin Up, including alternative techniques and product sources. I can understand your concern at sending your customers here. It is a great resource though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, I'm just a customer and not a demo but I'm a really good customer (9+ years). I always appreciate the demo being honest. I tend to buy more from them because I don't feel I'm being taken advantage of. Think about it, every dollar (or $4) I don't spend on 'snail' is money I use to buy a set ($19-$24). I hate having a huge SU bill and there are no sets on it. I think it pays to be honest and helpful to those trying to afford their hobby and love, which really is all about the stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #21  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

OOps, I forgot to add that you should think about the SU motto. Creativity is what you are here for, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I'm not a demo either, but believe me, you don't have to worry about telling your customers about this website. As my demo knows, it's made me buy a lot of stamp sets I never would have considered from just seeing the ideas in the catalog. It is such a great site! Don't keep it a secret! Your customers will buy more from you too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

I hadn't heard of SU before I found this site. Now I'm an SU demo - all because of SCS!!! I do plan on telling one of my potential hostesses about this site also. SCS is the absolute best.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Default this site

Not only is this site addictive, but like another post read, it has helped me in so many ways with my sets & in deciding what other sets to purchase.

B/S/T is my favorite forum because I have gotten to "meet" so many nice people there. Also, I have rid of unwanted things & received so much in return!

I also went to the gallery to "window-shop" and saw such a neat side to the stamp sets you just don't find in the IB&C from SU!

Have fun & we'll see you around!

TIFF
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:35 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Location: I'm a member of the divine secret sister witness protection program!

I think you should not worry about you customers finding this site... I'm not a demo, but because of this site I tell you what... I SPEND A LOT MORE MONEY... I read a topic on here and think "wow" that's really cool... oh, but that won't look as good as it would with that set... so what happens... I buy more stamps... lol My demo is the one that told me about this site. Actually, since I've started surfing this site we talk more.. she doesn't read the forums as much so I have to tell her all about it.

JMHO
SCS member #16986
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

This site has made my demo MEGA DOLLARS!!!! I am not a demo and without this site she would not have made anywhere near what she has since I found it....now that I see all the cool ideas I just have to have all these sets that I didn't think I wanted. I would say I spend 4 times the amount I would have because of everything that is hear, as far as telling about good deals....it only makes me appreciate SU demos more and want to support mine even more...I don't buy anywhere near the stamps of other companies because of being treated very well. The more we support each other the better off we are!!!!

By the way I got my monthly group of Women just waiting for the March specials and mini catty....just from this site....more will come and more will spend. Fear will only hurt you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not a demo, but this site sure has helped my demo's business a ton from me alone! I like to buy my mono from Viking and save my money for SU stamps, paper, & ink pads.
~Kelly~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason I like my demo so very much is that she TELLS all of us if we can get a product cheaper somewhere else than with SU. She treats us as friends and who would sell a friend something knowing there is something the same or equally as good much cheaper somewhere else. It is simply about integrity. Yes, she was the one who sent us to this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 AM   #29  
PAPER SCAPER

Default a non demo here

It’s so nice to see that all the SU demos out there enjoy us non-demo but still creative people. I really enjoy this site and look forward to seeing what new ideas I can learn here but on a reverse note I enjoy giving someone else an idea that they may not have heard of. It feels good to give a newbie to stamping some information about embossing powders that I wish I had known when I started out. Buying glitter that is stocked with the powders doesn’t mean it’s going to work like a powder and I found out the hard way.

I love to be a demo because I love to teach people but due to health reasons I’d never be able to handle it. But reaching someone here can make all the difference in the world to me and if I can help a demo boost her sales by giving her a technique tip then that’s a good thing. I guess the bottom line is I love this place and the people that go with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I am going to agree with so many others. I am not a demo but my discovering scs has made my demo MUCHO bucks!!! There are who knows how many stamps sets became must haves because of the samples here (just jeans, canvas, loads of love, cool cat) AND I've also invested in a lot more of the supplies and accessories now that I understand what they can be used for. SCS is a gift to demos and non-demos!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:33 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Default THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!!

WOW!! I never thought I would get this much feedback from everyone, but I am so glad to get such great advice from all of you. I was not trying to step on any toes, but was genuinely concerned for my SU! business. I am so happy I got the nerve up to even place the topic on forum and because of this feedback and all of your different approaches to the subject, I will be revealing my "secret" to my monthly clubbers (imagine their excitement) next meeting. So Thanks for all your input and support and you can certainly be looking forward to all of my club members new ideas and techniques!! Thanks a bunch!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:12 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

I'm fairly new to this site. I'm not a demo, but would might consider it one day. I think since finding this site, I've become more creative and more interested in SU products. This is a fun site! I buy my mono tape where it's cheapest. I usually get it at Michaels and use the coupon from Sunday's paper. As for other products, I buy my paper, stamp sets, ink and other accessories from my demo. I'm not sure she knows it or not, but she has my loyalty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2005, 01:39 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

here are my thoughts as a non-demo...

i love the ideas here, and people are great at giving directions that are easy to follow. but following instructions from a website just isn't as much fun as going to a party.

and unless you are charging for your parties, customers getting ideas online isn't going to hurt your business. they still need the products! i don't use su exclusively myself, but i know lots of people who do. su stuff is really easy to use because of the way they have their color groups and stamp sets. and chances are, if they are buying su stuff elsewhere (ebay for example) then they weren't sending a lot of cash your way to begin with.

using this site, customers just have access to so many more uses for the very products you sell. the more uses you can provide for your products, the more of a bargain those products become.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2005, 04:26 AM   #34  
Inking Addict

Most of my customers know about this site. They contact me for orders though...I personally feel that it helps me sell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #35  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Default Orders

My SU Demo told me about the site and I AM LOVIN' IT! She knows how much money I spend(it gives me the willies to think about it))ordering from her each year so she has nothing to worry about there. I buy everything from her except right now I have so much cardstock and paper in reserve I have no choice but to use as much of it as possible before going to SU for that too. I just try to match as close as possible because I am drowning in cardstock and paper.
Reply With Quote Likes