Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   Due SATURDAY... Explosion Boxes,Squash book & scrapbooks... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/due-saturday-explosion-boxes-squash-book-scrapbooks-t553073.html)

Noreen_Ann 05-14-2012 02:14 AM

Looking for a few more swappers! Happy Monday Everyone

sekerosiris 05-14-2012 05:15 AM

omg im so hooked on these squash books
 
I just wanted to say thank you to the hostess and cherrylime and every one who took the time to explain this squash book concept to me and sent me links and instructions i have had such a good time making them since i joined this swap i havnt started my swap ones yet but i will soon gave one out for mothers day put one at the shop it sold in 2 days so i had to scramble to make amotherone got that out and i want to make one for a dear friend then ill start on swap ones¡ so thanks for bringing me my current obsession lol~

Noreen_Ann 05-15-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekerosiris (Post 19428174)
I just wanted to say thank you to the hostess and cherrylime and every one who took the time to explain this squash book concept to me and sent me links and instructions i have had such a good time making them since i joined this swap i havnt started my swap ones yet but i will soon gave one out for mothers day put one at the shop it sold in 2 days so i had to scramble to make amotherone got that out and i want to make one for a dear friend then ill start on swap ones¡ so thanks for bringing me my current obsession lol~

I make one for all the new mom's I encounter...they make great baby shower gifts!

Noreen_Ann 05-18-2012 08:07 AM

Happy Friday!!! Could use a few more swappers!!!

MrsWayne 05-19-2012 10:54 AM

Could I have a spot for the 6x6 squash book... it looks like fun... Thank you Elisha

Noreen_Ann 05-19-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsWayne (Post 19440070)
Could I have a spot for the 6x6 squash book... it looks like fun... Thank you Elisha

thanks for joining...

Noreen_Ann 05-19-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sekerosiris (Post 19428174)
I just wanted to say thank you to the hostess and cherrylime and every one who took the time to explain this squash book concept to me and sent me links and instructions i have had such a good time making them since i joined this swap i havnt started my swap ones yet but i will soon gave one out for mothers day put one at the shop it sold in 2 days so i had to scramble to make amotherone got that out and i want to make one for a dear friend then ill start on swap ones¡ so thanks for bringing me my current obsession lol~

BTW...You're Welcome

Noreen_Ann 05-22-2012 03:26 AM

Just checking in...Hope everyone is having a great week so far. ;)

sekerosiris 05-23-2012 12:56 PM

getting hot
 
its getting hot here in the land of oz school is out tomarow!~

Stamp Wizard 05-25-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19390661)
3x5, 4x4 or 4x6 5x7 Photo Books sizes are approx. (at least 6 pages)

6x6 Homemade scrapbooks [COLOR="Blue"](at least 6 pages) [/COLOR


Noreen Ann
What is the difference between a photo book and a homemade scrapbook (except for the sizes)?

This looks like a great swap. I'm going to watch this for a while. ;)

Noreen_Ann 05-26-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19453115)
Noreen Ann
What is the difference between a photo book and a homemade scrapbook (except for the sizes)?

This looks like a great swap. I'm going to watch this for a while. ;)

Ya know I was actual thinking of removing the 6x6 homemade scrapbook category...I think everyone is doing squash books in that group. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

I thought the 6x6 scrapbook you could used page protectors and binder them together somehow and they would have a front and back cover.

lindac007 05-26-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19453175)
Ya know I was actual thinking of removing the 6x6 homemade scrapbook category...I think everyone is doing squash books in that group. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

I thought the 6x6 scrapbook you could used page protectors and binder them together somehow and they would have a front and back cover.

I was considering handmade scrapbook album. There is a big difference between the two. Squash is like a glorified scrapbook and day journal together! it has calendar and post it notes and like a daytimer journal except pictures are incorperated that being said what is everyone actually doing? squash or scrapbook? actually 6 pages for a squash book is very little. BUT 6 pages for scrapbook which is really 12 when you count both sides is great!

What might have been fun and interesting on squash book would have been to have 12 pages and each page is the main page to a month thus jan-dec as the lead off pages would be done and whoever got them would add their own remainder squash pages to complete a squash book? maybe decorate the one side for the month and on flip side the person receiving could paste calendar on page for the year they are to be using it? Just in case its a "christmas or birthday " present you would want to correspond to time frame given or used. or flip side could have been "contacts" page? or reminder to do page, or "This month's events page?????

Just a thought.

lindac007 05-26-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19453175)
Ya know I was actual thinking of removing the 6x6 homemade scrapbook category...I think everyone is doing squash books in that group. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

I thought the 6x6 scrapbook you could used page protectors and binder them together somehow and they would have a front and back cover.

Photo book is usually pictures only. It's what we had before scrapbooks.

Scrapbooks are pictures, thought, facts like who's in pic, where, why, etc and contains places for memorbillia like coupon or ticket stubs or lock of hair or fabric pieces if describing favorite clothing item. it is lots more than photo album. it has pockets and tags and fold out pages, etc. I've seen some awesome 6x6 scrapbooks. Youth like this size!

Noreen_Ann 05-26-2012 07:50 AM

AH HA! There is someone considering the homemade scrapbook; I'm so happy!!! Hopefully, Stamp Wizard will consider this and join with you. I could make it its own category (if enough people sign up) or swap like items among people. Just a thought...still tweaking out the details

lindac007 05-26-2012 01:56 PM

ok so I see you did seperate 6x6 scrapbook to its own category. I was delaying because I have no need for squash book and did not want to swap in that category so I now take a spot for now scrapbook 6x6 and if couple more people join that section I may take a second little later on.... thanks

lindac007 05-26-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19453115)
Noreen Ann
What is the difference between a photo book and a homemade scrapbook (except for the sizes)?

This looks like a great swap. I'm going to watch this for a while. ;)

HEY HEY Sandra I need someone to trade with in scrapbook! would you like to make me & hostess very happy? Just prompting a tiny bit :)

Stamp Wizard 05-26-2012 07:44 PM

You people are really hurting my arm........it's really twisted. ;)

I would like one spot in the Handmade Scrapbook 6x6 Album category, please. :)

lindac007 05-26-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19454580)
You people are really hurting my arm........it's really twisted. ;)

I would like one spot in the Handmade Scrapbook 6x6 Album category, please. :)

YA!!!!!!! I'm sorry for my part in the arm twisting I hope you recover so you can swap :) seriously thanks much! I was feeling sooooo alone. Just think we have both made our hostess so happy :) aren't we good little doobies?

Stamp Wizard 05-26-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac007 (Post 19454604)
YA!!!!!!! I'm sorry for my part in the arm teisting I hope you recover so you can swap :) seriously thanks much! I was feeling sooooo alone. Just think we have both made our hostess so happy :) aren't we good little doobies?

I was feelin' your loneliness. :)

It's still very early, it's only (end of May) and I'm sure there will be LOTS of people checking this swap out and signing up. Otherwise.....it's their loss.

Noreen_Ann 05-27-2012 07:01 AM

thank you ladies!!!

CherryLime 05-27-2012 10:13 AM

I think you are talking about Smash Journals and not Squash books. The squash books that i've seen online are made to open up big and squash down to one size. Where the smash journals, have the calendars, pics, journaling like you are talking about. But I do agree that yes, they should be in separate categories. Glad you joined!! Now I'm thinking I might do a 6x6 scrapbook too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac007 (Post 19453505)
I was considering handmade scrapbook album. There is a big difference between the two. Squash is like a glorified scrapbook and day journal together! it has calendar and post it notes and like a daytimer journal except pictures are incorperated that being said what is everyone actually doing? squash or scrapbook? actually 6 pages for a squash book is very little. BUT 6 pages for scrapbook which is really 12 when you count both sides is great!

What might have been fun and interesting on squash book would have been to have 12 pages and each page is the main page to a month thus jan-dec as the lead off pages would be done and whoever got them would add their own remainder squash pages to complete a squash book? maybe decorate the one side for the month and on flip side the person receiving could paste calendar on page for the year they are to be using it? Just in case its a "christmas or birthday " present you would want to correspond to time frame given or used. or flip side could have been "contacts" page? or reminder to do page, or "This month's events page?????

Just a thought.


Noreen_Ann 05-27-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLime (Post 19455173)
I think you are talking about Smash Journals and not Squash books. The squash books that i've seen online are made to open up big and squash down to one size. Where the smash journals, have the calendars, pics, journaling like you are talking about. But I do agree that yes, they should be in separate categories. Glad you joined!! Now I'm thinking I might do a 6x6 scrapbook too.

Kim Let me know if you want me to move one of your spots to the handmade albums?

Stamp Wizard 05-27-2012 01:34 PM

I did some searching around and I finally understand what a wallet photo book is. I also figured out the squash book....I also had it a little confused with the smash book. I couldn't understand how you put a calendar in a smash book. :confused:

I'm clear now........at least as clear as my brain can be.....or is that empty? ;)

CherryLime 05-27-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19455306)
Kim Let me know if you want me to move one of your spots to the handmade albums?

No need to move a spot, just add a spot to the scrapbook catergory. I'm still making the smash and the explosion box!!!

Kim

lindac007 05-27-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19455459)
I did some searching around and I finally understand what a wallet photo book is. I also figured out the squash book....I also had it a little confused with the smash book. I couldn't understand how you put a calendar in a smash book. :confused:

I'm clear now........at least as clear as my brain can be.....or is that empty? ;)

you know squash & smash what's to confuse????? I was thinking smash book. sorry if I helped confuse you. between the squash and smashing something good should turn out!!!!!! lol,

Noreen_Ann 05-28-2012 05:36 AM

Please remember all the people who have passed in our lives...Have a safe and joyful day...

Luci in AZ 05-28-2012 11:01 AM

I would like a spot on the Squash book. I have seen a lady sell them at craft shows and she seems to do well. My dd bought one that was about horseback riding. Is there a theme or just general?

Noreen_Ann 05-28-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci in AZ (Post 19456822)
I would like a spot on the Squash book. I have seen a lady sell them at craft shows and she seems to do well. My dd bought one that was about horseback riding. Is there a theme or just general?

Thank you for joining...they can be themed or general..

Noreen_Ann 05-30-2012 02:47 AM

bumping for more swappers...

Stamp Wizard 05-30-2012 04:07 PM

Checking in to see how the sign-up is going. I've got several ideas for the small (6x6) handmade scrapbooks. I just have to settle on one design. :confused: So many ideas...........

Noreen_Ann 05-31-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamp Wizard (Post 19461248)
Checking in to see how the sign-up is going. I've got several ideas for the small (6x6) handmade scrapbooks. I just have to settle on one design. :confused: So many ideas...........

I'd love to put you down for another spot but we don't have enough players just yet. They don't all have to be the same...you can make them slightly different.

lindac007 05-31-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19461932)
I'd love to put you down for another spot but we don't have enough players just yet. They don't all have to be the same...you can make them different...

the scrapbooks don't all have to be same they can be different???? really! please confirm that 1 spot what is it 4 needed BUT all 4 can be different?

kraftykay 05-31-2012 06:48 AM

Hi Noreen, if you're accepting Canadian swappers, I'll gladly take one spot in the 6x6 squash book category.

Noreen_Ann 05-31-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac007 (Post 19462313)
the scrapbooks don't all have to be same they can be different???? really! please confirm that 1 spot what is it 4 needed BUT all 4 can be different?

Let me clarify... 4 total they can all be the same or all different...Some people like to use up the supplies they have on hand...

For instance...if you choose to do a baby theme albums; they can be 2 girl and 2 boy albums with a similar concept

or a birthday theme with different birthday paper for each but the same concept

Keep the same or similar theme and concept , just choose a different color or paper or layout.

I don't recommend one birthday, one wedding, one baby, and one animal.

Thank you Linda for keeping me on my toes!

Noreen_Ann 05-31-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftykay (Post 19462406)
Hi Noreen, if you're accepting Canadian swappers, I'll gladly take one spot in the 6x6 squash book category.

no problem, just remember to mail them out alittle earlier.. thanks for joining!

lindac007 05-31-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19462500)
Let me clarify... 4 total they can all be the same or all different...Some people like to use up the supplies they have on hand...

For instance...if you choose to do a baby theme albums; they can be 2 girl and 2 boy albums with a similar concept

or a birthday theme with different birthday paper for each but the same concept

Keep the same or similar theme and concept , just choose a different color or paper or layout.

I don't recommend one birthday, one wedding, one baby, and one animal.

Thank you Linda for keeping me on my toes!

ok you're welcome I think? I just got excited thinking of all the possibilities.

Anyone else in 6x6 scrapbook (you know who you are....stamp wizard and cherrylime) what theme could you most use? I'd like to hit on a theme or 2 that you could really use. got kids? babies? pets? feedback please!

kraftykay 05-31-2012 09:12 AM

You betcha! If all things go well, these will be out before the end of June. I just ordered all my papers and can't wait to pick them up!
Everyone needs a Little Black Dress. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen_Ann (Post 19462506)
no problem, just remember to mail them out alittle earlier.. thanks for joining!


Noreen_Ann 06-01-2012 03:14 AM

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

SanuraScraps 06-02-2012 01:37 PM

Ohhh, this sounds like fun too...so couple of questions before I sign up (scrapbook album). First, how many pages does the book have to have? Then, are we allowed to use envelopes, chipboard, and/or paper bags? I would love to have a spot but I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Oh...does the album have to fit pages? Or can it be a mini album? Thanks...

Noreen_Ann 06-02-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanuraScraps (Post 19467499)
Ohhh, this sounds like fun too...so couple of questions before I sign up (scrapbook album). First, how many pages does the book have to have? Then, are we allowed to use envelopes, chipboard, and/or paper bags? I would love to have a spot but I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Oh...does the album have to fit pages? Or can it be a mini album? Thanks...

Okay the size must be 6x6 and 6 pages (12 total sides) also,include a cover and back. I never thought of using envies, chipboard or paperbags. I like that you think outside the box. The album or cover part can be a little bigger than the pages. Hope this answer your question...still wanna join? ;)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:30 AM.