Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2004, 06:18 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it?

That's one of the questions in the explanation of the Fan Club. I just joined SCS but have not yet contributed $. I'd like to hear from those of you who have had a few days on the DD Gallery to respond to "is it worth it?" I don't want details of the samples - I want your feelings and thoughts regarding the gallery. Basically, what am I missing? I know that $20 for a year is dirt cheap, but I wasn't planning on buying anything new for a while my husband is starting a new business. I'm even putting off my wish list from the new catalog until Christmas (SIGH) So let me know how you've benefited from the DD Gallery. It might convince me to contribute (you never know).
Phil 4:19 And my God shall richly supply all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I can only speak for myself, but I think it is totally worth it. There is no other place where you will see this amount and quality of original work. New challenges will be added monthly. Add to that the fact that we "know" these artists through SCS, and the value of your membership increases exponentially! These women will answer questions, explain techniques, share patterns, etc... Not to mention the fact (but I will!) that they are great people!!! I do not think that you will be disappointed.

HTH
Member #1237
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 06:36 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Is it worth it?

Well, I guess that depends on what you want to get out of "it".

I recently joined SCS and didn't have a clue what the BIG SECRET was. But I became addicted very quickly to the whole site.

Technique tips, with gallery pictures to back them up.
The finest stamping people on the internet.
Free personal private in-box.
Search feature.
Tons of forums for all kinds of stamping interests.
Free resources, templates, experts advice.
CONTESTS!

I could go on and on and on.....

So, after a couple of weeks here, and getting TONS of free information that I really couldn't possibly find on my own, I decided to make a $25.00 donation.

I have also run my own board before and know first hand what has to go on behind the scenes.

Finding out a week later that I was added to the fan club because I had donated was just icing on the Big Fat Stampin' Cake!!!!

If I add up all the $$$ I've spent on Stamping and Scrapbooking and Craft magazines and idea books in the past 6 months, it would amount to a small fortune.

And I've learned more here in a couple weeks than I would have in a years worth of book learning!

Is it worth it? In a word: "YUP!"

But this is my opinion. Your milage may vary.
;)
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 06:48 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm going to agree with Nan 100%. Yes, the donation will get you access to the Fan Club gallery which has awesome samples from 12 very very talented people. But I think the donation means sooo much more. You are saying that you truly like and enjoy this site and all the benefits that you receive from it. The 12 ladies that make up the Dirty Dozen are just awesome with the talent and as well as their willingness to help out on this board. I too made my donation before I knew that it would allow me access to a special gallery just because I asked myself if SCS ever went bust where would I be. No further inspiration or seeing the work of others from the card gallery and no close knit interaction with other stamping ladies. I know there are other groups and websites but I'm not aware of any that have as many samples added daily or provide the information this site does. If you have searched the web for SU info and ideas you already know this is the best there is out there. I just wish more people out there would realize you are not just donating to gain access to the DD gallery. You are really donating to maintain this site. (At least that is my opinion).

Currently I think there are 129 designs in the DD gallery. You would have to decide for yourself if the donation is worth it. But it was definately worth it for me!! Those 12 ladies are among the most talented stampers out there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Default It's worth it!

Let me add to the above just a few of the cool techniques that I've learned from this site and the most talented people on it:

Faux postage
Stamped candles
beaded pens
stamped pens
bubble wrap background
window cards
gel cards
shaker cards
polyshrink jewelry
acytate/tissue cards (you've GOT TO check out this technique!)
Serigraph cards
One sheet wonders

And that is just the things that come to mind right now!
I can't even begin to guess how many templates I've been able to download; how many links I've found to add to my library; how many examples I've been allowed to "case"!

I feel that this site has got to be even better than the highly priced and hard to access "Stamping University". I wonder how many classes would I have had to attend to gain the knowledge that I've learned here every day?

Who else could I find in the world to share my passion for paper arts? Maybe a couple... after months in the "real world". Here, I share my passion with literally THOUSANDS of fine people of like mind.

Where else could I be more informed of the latest tools and techniques? In the commercial world of arts, this information is only shared with "insiders" and not given out to the general public.

I guess I've gone on enough, but, believe me, I could add onto this.
LOL

NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I donated before I knew what BIG DADDY had up his sleeve, and I will continue to donate as I can. Where else can you go - for FREE - and get all this information and access to wonderful pictures of samples?? The SU! demos only web site doesn't even divulge all the information found here!! IMHO, to be able to look at privledged pictures is a bonus to all that you can get here - and WELL WORTH IT!! ~Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Worth it!

Oh!!!
One more thing..............

Did I mention how much money I've saved because the fine folks here willing share their information on what site has the latest and greatest supplies at the cheapest prices?

I live in a small town with little access to supplies. Even our local Staples moved out of town due to lack of business!!!

Through the many links provided by the SCS family, I've gotten some of the best deals I've ever come acrossed since I started stamping and scrapbooking! No advertisments popping up in my face either!

Ya gotta love that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:39 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I'd like to add to iwasborn2stamps "one more thing": Everyone that I have come across on this forum, so far, has been nice and willing to help anyone and everyone. No question is considered "dumb" and NO ONE will mock you or make fun of you. I've been a lurker or member of several different web forums, and have gotten bashed for asking a simple question. That hasn't happened to me on SCS, which is why I donated. ~Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:41 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Ditto to all of the above replies. I too donated before the "Big Secret" was revealed because I felt that a small donation was only a drop in the bucket to all that I have benefitted from on this site. The Dirty Dozen gallery is, to say the least, a HUGE bonus. Not only do we get to see some very creative samples, but any questions that you have will most definitely be answered by those same artists. They are awesome ladies that are very willing to share with the rest of us. Take the plunge - I think you'll be very glad you did.

Sharon

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sharon_worley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I also donated before the big surprise. I was frustrated with down times and needed my fix so I thought by donating I could help with upgrade expenses. The big surprise was a great bonus. The community here is the best, the card and idea samples are by far the best on the web even if you don't use only SU stamps. The daily uploads are my "fix". This site is so addicting, how could you not support your habit?????? It is the best $25 I've ever spent on a "magazine".

The time and effort by Big Daddy Daven, Beate, Jen (I'm sure there are others...) to keep and update this site is an unconditional love for all us fellow stampers. Without them where would we be?

Thank-you all for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2004, 09:24 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Default thanks for the comments

THANKS for all of your input - I'm going to try to make the $ donation soon. This is an addicting site - I have been a demo for 4 years and this past week I've spent more time here than SU's website with much more to look at (in forums, galleries, etc). I have to give a big high five to all of you who not only run this site, but to EVERYONE who contributes, even if it is just 1 post or 1 sample. I will be telling all of my customers to get connected to SCS.
Phil 4:19 And my God shall richly supply all my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:41 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I too donated before I knew there was going to be this Fan Club. I too run my own forum and we are pay pal donated group of women "trying to raise" twins :lol: (we do a fine job, but we love to chat ) I didn't donate as much as I should have so I'm going to do MORE. My forum states, your don't have to pay to play, but every little bit helps! I have had moms donate $1. My cost of running my forum is around $250 a year. That is a fraction of PENNY'S of what it cost this forum to run daily with 8000 members and about 2500 logging in every day (IF NOT MORE)

Yes it was worth it for me, LONG before I knew of the Dirty Dozen Fan Club. OK off to make my other donation half :oops:
http://home.mn.rr.com/fuehrers/index.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:47 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Also, look at it this way, if money is really tight, you do not have to donate next year if you can't. Their goal is to keep the site a free site! The $20 is for one year of the special gallery, but you don't have to commit to it every year.
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:50 AM   #14  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

This site is so awesome that I only get 1 magazine (Papercrafts) now... why spend all that money on magazines when I can get more info here? I have learned so many things in the last year here that I can not even begin to metion them. I have loved this site and glad I found it a year ago while searching for SU site ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:54 AM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default PS

There is not a deadline on when you can donate and join the fan club, I am sure they will be very happy to get donations whenever! So if you need to put it off awhile like you are your other expenses, the site and the DD gallery will still be there waiting for you.
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 06:04 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I too think it is totally worth it!!! Even if you get nothing out of the dd gallery other than ideas, it is totally worth it! I am soooooo looking forward to the upcoming challenges. SCS is unbelieveable!

SCS member #7026
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 06:44 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I can sum it up in one word: YES! This site is so awesome and it's obvious to me that the team works very hard to keep it going and doesn't require any sort of yearly dues or contributions. I'm FLOORED at this, :shock: and it makes me want to give as much as possible!

Just try to imagine (now that you're hooked) what life would be like if you didn't have access to all of the FABULOUS samples and ideas as well as the COMMUNITY of fun stampers who all share the same passion.

It's PRICELESS!

HTH - JMHO

Angela/AngFab

P.S. and the DD gallery is awesome! (what a silly question!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 06:49 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

I would donate even if the DD Gallery didn't exist. To reinforce what others are saying, there is so much valuable info. provided on this site. It is awesome!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 07:16 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Absolutely without a doubt! This site is AWSOME and the people here are the best. The information, ideas, tips and suggestions I have gotten from here are invaluable.

~Elaine~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I donated before the big secret was revealed and before there was a hint that donating would coorelate with this secret. I donated because of all of the information I get from this site and the support if I have questions about a technique.

I also think it's so worth it because I can post my creations in a gallery...if I were to get a SU website I would be paying $7+ a month (I know there's more business info on the SU website).

Anyway...it's totally worth it, not just because of the DD Gallery, but because of everything else that goes with this website.

Don't donate just to get into the gallery, donate so that you can support this website so it will be around for a long time to come.

just my 2 cents!

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes