Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2005, 06:56 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many cards do u stamp?

I was just wondering, How many cards do you make in a day? On average and do you all stamp everyday? I was looking at the gallery and some of you scan quite a few cards in one day. It seems to take me all day for one card! Well, somedays. My creative juices don't seem to be flowing! Help how do I get them to flow?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Default Stampin' time

Hi Lisann, when I first started stamping and actually up to about 6 months ago, I used to spend more time scoping out card ideas than actually stamping. :oops: I finally had to tell myself that I needed to just let myself go a little and come up with some of my own ideas. Sometimes, for inspiration, I just open up the Idea Book and check out a card for the layout and then tweak the design by putting another set, embellishments and colors into it. When I'm really in a groove, so to speak, and it's a quiet day at home, I can stamp around 6 to 10 different cards in a day. (That doesn't happen often!) I must say though I have had days where I just sit and stare blankly at my paper for a while before even the smallest idea enters my foggy mind. :? Of course, the best place to come for inspiration is SCS...it's unbelievable how many talented stampers are out there! If you're having problems with a particular set, check out the samples on SCS to get your creative juices running! Another great thing I started doing here at SCS are the card challenges...I just love them! Here is the link if you haven't checked it out yet Forums at Splitcoaststampers There is something about looking at that blank sketch that just gets your wheels turning and you reaching for sets that may have dust accumulating on them. Most of all don't be too critical of your own work, (I know, easier said than done sometimes), and just go for it! Good luck and happy stamping!!

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another." ~Luciano de Crescenzo~
Click to view my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2005, 12:03 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Default how many cards do I do???

That is kind of funny you asked that question. It is kind of a joke with my niece and myself. We can spend all day and only make one card. I spend a lot of time on the computer trying to come up with ideas I can copy or at least look similar to the ones posted. I have such a hard time coming up with ideas of my own. I don't feel I am creative enough. Once I get going I hate to stop. Somedays I can get 3-4 done now. I always like to make at least 2 of everything I do, so I always have a sample for later.
I have another niece that is so organized that she can make 6-8 of maybe 3 or 4 different cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2005, 06:34 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I make 40-80 cards a week. I sell my cards. I just do all of one step at a time. this system works for me. I think the cutting and folding of the cs takes me the longest.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 08:11 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Your in the right place! There are so many wonderful ideas here!!! Its not a crime to copy... its rather flattering to many. If I like an idea/card I usually make six to ten. Then when the opportunity arises I give them away! On average I make about fifty cards a month. I guess.... who's counting! I guess sometimes I loose track!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Lisann....I make about 4 cards per day...5 days per week. I never make the exact same card twice, and I never ever copy someone else's card or idea. It's challenging to come up with new designs on my own, but rewarding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

WOW, Never thought of this before. I think I average around 5 cards a day. Maybe more somedays. Depends on what I am doing. Usually I am on SCS either on the Forums or looking through the Gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 09:18 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I'm a SAHM with 3 children: 2 boys, 5 & almost 3, and an 8-month old daughter. Finding the time to make cards can be challenging, but I love to do it and try to as often as possible. My hubby works nights, so after I get the kids to bed and the mess cleaned up, I can spend some peaceful, uninterrupted time stamping! (maybe once a week)

I just made 14 cards yesterday - the most I've ever done in one day! I just picked out what designs I was going to make, cut all the cardstock first, then stamped, then assembled. I was so excited to get this many done! It took me all day though, as I had to work on it in between cooking meals and breastfeeding!

I've started to make at least 3-4 of one design at a time. That way I can keep 1 as a sample and use the others as needed. The other thing I'm going to do is make a sample book and list the dimensions for all my layers on each. I find the most frustrating part of trying to duplicate a design is coming up with the right sizes to cut the different layers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:04 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Default how many cards do I make

First I have to say I just found this website and absolutely love it. I am not sure how many cards I make, not that many. Maybe 2 or 3 a week. But I want to thank Paula for her post. I spend way too much time looking at galleries and magazines for just the right idea. I need to take her advice and just jump into it. I enjoy stamping and should spend more time doing what I enjoy and less time worrying about making it perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

That was an intersting question! I probably make average of 5 a week or so. I spend so much time looking on the website too, that I hardly have time to make my own cards. I agree with geeg44, its hard sometimes to come up with your own ideas. Sometimes it takes me hours to think of an idea for a card without lookin on SCS. I do believe we all get flattered if someone uses one of our ideas. This is what this site is for. I love it! Card_drazy, wow you make 40-80 cards a week?!! Wow, I am impressed. Where do you sell your cards? Everytime I have done a craft show, the cards really haven't been a big sucess. I am very surprised becuase I figured there would be some people that would just LOVE the cards and go crazy over them. When I first saw stampinginsc cards I went crazy! I was like get me into this now! I have been stamping almost a year now. Even though the cards didn't do so well at the craft shows I still love doing it and it for fun. I have like 200-300 cards that I don't know what to do with. I always make two too! I like to have an example and then another one to send to some one or whatever. Anyway, thanks to Lisann, good discussion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I was just saying the same thing last night. I spend more time looking at the catalog, browsing this site or clicking on links to other places, than I do stamping. So with that, I'm getting off RIGHT NOW and I'm going to try my hand at those brown bag lunch albums that I've been admiring. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that tends to look around a lot!

Wish me luck!!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I honestly haven't made many cards, I am just getting up the courage and$$ for next order (to buy quotes and sayings) Right now I work on scrapbooking pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 04:26 PM   #13  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 393 Likes on 237 Posts
Default how many

I have been looking, searching, finding inspiration, but last night I made a couple of cards--quick, easy ones, but cute nonetheless! I still feel new to this hobby even though I love it. I have some days where all I want to do is see what is out there and collect ideas.

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to dastamper
Default How many

Hey everyone,
I admit I tend to visit galleries and magazines so much that I don't make cards. I made like 2 book markers and one card this past weekend. I look at all the ideas and don't do anything. I think starting tomorrow I will take action and not just browse at others, but go for it.

Dez
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2005, 05:31 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re:

I make 2 or 3 cards a day and hope to start doing more as soon as I move into my new house where a brand new craft room's waiting for me :o) I never case anyone's creations as I always have too many ideas in my head for my own designs... When I was making Christmas cards last year my hubby told me I could make one and just copy it for other 50 I needed... Me??? No way!!! I'd get bored too quick doing something like that!!! I love stamping for giving me a chance to be different in every one of my cards!!! Oh, and I never keep a copy of what I make, so every card of mine's unique :o)

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a CASE girl and can make 6 - 8 cards a day since it requires no creativity on my part. Could probably make more but the DH needs to be fed once in a while!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2005, 05:53 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

It really depends for me. I try to make atleast one or two cards a day (but I work at a CPA firm - so it has been hard). :(

Here is how I do it usually when I stamp unless I have some specific card I have to make. I go by stamp sets. I just say "ok, I am going to focus on one specific stamp set" - and of course I use others sets for backgrounds or additions, but I make cards using one stamp set. It seems to work pretty well for me. It also helps when I get inspiration from this site - because I can just go to the specific gallery for each stamp set and recreate or make my own style of the samples I see.

That way I can usually get about 5 or 6 cards done in a few hours. If I got to sit and stamp literally all day, which is what I always say I am going to do on a Saturday or Sunday...but something ALWAYS gets in the way...I could stamp out a lot more. Someday.... :( After tax season!

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

funny you ask this question, I totalled mine last week: the things I have stamped since Jan 1st....I was in 23 swaps, I am working on my last one now....totals are...cards=158...6x6 pages=184...
page banners=44...tags=20....one sheet wonders=42.............before Christmas I made over 300 cards....60 candles......53 ornaments plus a ton of different gifts. Fun is....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Well this is the first time I have posted a reply. I just hope I'm doin' this right.
Lately I have been on a Stampin' frenzy. I just want to stamp all day everyday. I have been stamping probably about 5 to 6 cards a day. It's amazing how one stamp set can be done so many different ways. But then of course I have to stop to wash clothes or cook supper. I asked my husband "Do you have to eat everyday?"
Sometimes someone will be talking to me and I'm far away off in stamp land thinking of a new idea. Has that ever happen to any of you?
Okay I'm goin' push the submit button. I hope this works.
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Default Re:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper
I make 2 or 3 cards a day and hope to start doing more as soon as I move into my new house where a brand new craft room's waiting for me :o) I never case anyone's creations as I always have too many ideas in my head for my own designs... When I was making Christmas cards last year my hubby told me I could make one and just copy it for other 50 I needed... Me??? No way!!! I'd get bored too quick doing something like that!!! I love stamping for giving me a chance to be different in every one of my cards!!! Oh, and I never keep a copy of what I make, so every card of mine's unique :o)
you should share some with us!! We'd love to see them

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Well I must be totally nuts.. I have caught myself in the past stamping all day long. I made 90 cards in one day, in a week I've made more than 900 trying to get ready for a show...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Juls - I'm LOL! Look how your "title" (or whatever it's called) right now matches your stampin' style!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Too funny Juls.....that is a lot!!!!! I am so jealous of you ladies that make more than 5 a day!!! I get a block and then I come to the website and then I get lost on this site...then I need to do the laundry, or fix dinner...you know something stupid and I don't make it back into my stamp room! Thank you all for responding....I am going to make an effort to get 3 done then increase each week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Default How many cards do u stamp

I got my SU starter kit a month ago and guess what - I haven't mounted any of the stamps yet. Aside from the cliche of not having enough time (full time job + 3 kids ages 12, 9 and 18 months), I just spend my "free" time looking at the catalog and the SU demo stampers showcase for ideas and inspiration.

So what I've decided to do today is assign a project to myself. I will make Easter pouches like the one on p.76 and give them to my coworkers by Good Friday. I have two weeks to do it. I will start mounting the "angel policy" stamps while waiting for the Easter stamp set from the Spring mini catalog which I just ordered today along with the other stamp sets that are at 50% off plus the cello bags to put the easter candies. From now until Friday when hopefully I will receive the package, I will decide on the cardstock colors, maybe lavender, yellow and mint green and start cutting them. I'll probably make two or three variations from the same stamp set. Well we'll see what happens, and I'm already excited!!!!!

Happy Stampin!

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes