Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about being a SU demo

I thought about being a SU demo for a while. My only problem most of my friends do not want to stamp. I have 1 good friend that we both stamp. I thought about doing it on a hobby level, but I don't know if it would be worth my trouble. Do you get that much off, and do you have to do a party? My friend and I would even like to go to the conventions. Please tell me all about being a SU demo.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Default Be a DEMO

I joined as a hobby demo- I decided that if I was going to keep buying stamps (and I gigured I was already addicted) that I might as well not pay full price. I don't have a HUGE customer base- maybe about 10. I also work full time so this isn't my main source of income. I think the benifits are great, new friends, enjoy stamping, and a discount to boot. You never know who might become interested in stamping with you. It could happen when you least expect it. As long as you can support your stmaping ($300/quarter) habbit, I don't see why you shouldn't become a demo. I wish I was going to convention this year, but I teach and our school starts in July. Maybe next year.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you easily spend $1200 or more each year to make your $300 per quarter minimum, then sign up. If you're hoping someone else will order from you or have friends who say they will but you don't spend enough on your own, then I would seriously consider your options. Before signing up, I had friends who were really excited and said that they would order from me - they seldom do. I was already spending enough to support myself but didn't really want to have to do it all myself. Now, my financial situation has changed and I need those friends to order from me to stay active. It's a lot more work now because I have to try and hold events to get them to order.

If you easily make the minimum totally on your own, and you can stay on a budget (if you don't want to overspend) then you'll save money by signing up. The discount is 20%, plus you get the ease of ordering whenever you feel like it - hence the staying on a budget thing. It's very easy to overspend when you can order whenever you want! Starting in July, you need $400 per month to earn a volume rebate which is a percentage back in addition to your 20% which you get regardless. I find that I spend way more as a demonstrator as I did as a customer because of the extra supplies I was ordering to hold events. I'll probably just quit doing them and purchase just for me until I have to quit for financial choices. As a demonstrator, you still get to earn the hostess benefits (free hostess sets and free merchandise) as long as you have a qualifying order ($150 or more). You also hear about what's coming out before anyone else, etc.

You don't have to do events if you don't want. You can just order for you or for you and whoever. It's totally up to you if you want to do workshops or classes or any events at all. If you don't want to but someone wants to have a workshop, you can always give them the name of your upline (the person you signed up under) or any other demonstrator you wanted. You don't have to do anything with the demonstratorship you don't want.

Again, if you can foot the whole bill yourself and you have self-control, then go for it. I made the mistake of looking at my entire stamping and scrapbooking spending (not just Stampin' Up! stuff) when making my decision. The only problem was, I still wanted to purchase a certain amount from other companies but had to reduce my spending on those to make sure I made my SU quarterly quota. Look at how much you're spending now on only SU stuff. If it's the $300 or more per quarter, then you'll save money by signing up and purchasing from yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

I joined as a hobby demonstrator almost 6 years ago. Do I regret it? Nope...never have! I joined just to receive the discount....my son had just gone off to college and I couldn't really afford to buy as many SU things as I wanted! Besides, I was crazy for all the great stuff that SU had to offer. Since joining, I was able to build a small customer base and I do have occasional workshops and at least one class per month.....but, I consider it sharing, rather than "work!"
If you find that you spend about $100/month in your favorite craft stores or online craft spots, then being an SU demo may work for you. You will also receive the fabulous Stampin' Success magazine, which is available to only demos and is issued monthly. Lots of ideas and information each month. It's like being on the cutting edge of all that is new in the company! You'll also have the opportunity to attend SU events: Regionals and/or Convention! These are just the absolute BEST!! BUT, the very, very best part of being an SU demo is the friendships you will gain!!!! My upline is quite a bit younger than I am, as is much of my sideline, but we're all such great friends...stamping (and being demos) is our common bond. We try to get together to stamp as often as possible, and even socialize sometimes outside of our stamping events.
So, I say go for it!!! If you can manage for a bit, you may actually be very suprised when you are able to build a customer base....show your enthusiasm and it just may catch on! Share what you love....scrapbook with others....and of course, stamp those cards and creations! However, if in the end, you find it is not working for you, you can just drop out....and in the meantime, you will have received a discount on the things you purchased while part of the SU family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'll just agree with the above posters.
Signing up, even just for the hobby benefit is VERY worth it!
You won't regret it!

:-D
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 01:35 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you know some demos in your area? I would talk with 2 or 3 and find out what they offer by way of advice and support. It is soo worth it to sign up. Some become demos thinking they'll take advantage of the sign up kit and the opportunity to get 30% off on your first hostess order (there are details to this so ask your upline), but then they end up staying on and selling to a few folks. Others sign up and quit within 6 months, having stocked up on stuff with a discount.

I signed up last August and will be going to the convention in July. It will be a great opportunity for me to hang out with stampers and relax -- away from family obligations! Unless your friend is also a demo, she will not be able to attend the convention though -- just the Sat. night awards event. I have really enjoyed getting SU's magazines, meeting other demos and taking my stamping up a notch by concentrating my purchases on one company.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the information. I am really looking to find new friendships. I am going to be 50 this year and my kids are getting older. I feel like I need a new purpose in life. My husband left 1 year ago after 21 years for a 26 year old. I love to do stamping but I also like stamping with a group. I have a hard time doing it by myself. It seems like more fun doing it with others. I would love to be a part of a group that meets once a month. I live in Edwardsville,IL, I can meet with a SU group, but it costs money every time. I would like to just stamp with the things I have. Thanks for your opinions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkstitch
Thanks for the information. I am really looking to find new friendships. I am going to be 50 this year and my kids are getting older. I feel like I need a new purpose in life. My husband left 1 year ago after 21 years for a 26 year old. I love to do stamping but I also like stamping with a group. I have a hard time doing it by myself. It seems like more fun doing it with others. I would love to be a part of a group that meets once a month. I live in Edwardsville,IL, I can meet with a SU group, but it costs money every time. I would like to just stamp with the things I have. Thanks for your opinions.
Hi, I've been reading all the messages about your post, that you've been thinking of being a demo. I've been thinking about it myself, but I was just curious as to how much it costs to join? I've seen in the catty a starter kit that costs $200. But I have all the stuff in the kit, give or take. I have all the ink pads--classic & craft, all card stock And since I'd be joining just for my own hobby use I wouldn't need all that extra stuff. Is there any way to join without having to purchase all that stuff again?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

Hi, I've been reading this post too! I'm a demo, have been since 2003! After attending my first party, as my first event out after the birth of my twin boys... I was totally hooked and was up til 1 am making my wish list for my party! A few months later, after hosting two workshops of my own - I said I can do this! I love it! (I'm a stay home mom and I use this to support my stampin habit. I don't have a large customer base, at least not regular customers! I haven't heard from my upline since 2003. Lately, I've been holding stamp camps at my house to meet my minimum and demo a party here and there too.)

I had a Stampin' Up! collection started already too! Many of the items on the starter kit app you are able to swap out for the same price - or less- items, but I would try to get the same price items to maximize your savings! These are the items you have to get (you could trade right here if they're duplicates!): wheel handle - but two is handy!, Stampin' pastels, SNAIL adhesive, Craft scissors (again, two is handy), Stampin' scrub, mist, versamark, blender pens & Basic Black ink. Being a Demo is great because you have access to all this info to make things look wonderful and you are helping others to learn what you have learned! Plus, all the benefits, discounts, website, magazines, conventions (though I haven't been yet!)...it's fun meeting all the ladies and helping them discover/improve the artist inside and Stampin Up! makes it so easy! It's funny watching them ooh and ahhh. I always say, if I can do it, anyone can! Hope this helps! I'm in Upstate Western NY - near Buffalo if you need any help!
Maggie
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Unfortuantely, the only way you can become a demonstrator is to purchase the starter kit ($199 + tax). You wouldn't be listed with SU! and get the discounts or other benefits if you don't purchase the kit. If you already have all of the stuff, great! You can use the new stuff to give as prizes/incentives to get you going with people who might be interested in ordering from you. You don't have to have workshops, but you might consider having a few friends over once a month and letting them place an order if they want.

As long as you can meet your quarterly minimum of $300, you'll love being a demo. I started out that way and it's just evolved into a real business. I don't make much but I am able to support my habits this way. And the best part is all of the new people I have gotten to become friends with.

Any day you wake up is a good day!

Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandma Overboard
But I have all the stuff in the kit, give or take. I have all the ink pads--classic & craft, all card stock And since I'd be joining just for my own hobby use I wouldn't need all that extra stuff. Is there any way to join without having to purchase all that stuff again?
You would have to purchase the whole kit, and thought I realize if you are only in as a hobby demo, you won't need the ENTIRE box of catalogs, nor the order forms, etc...so you could always post them on the BST forum (if you sign up as a demo, there is a demo only forum here on SCS that you can use for trading your business supplies, for other catty items that you want instead)...then you get even MORE out of it. The ink pads?? well, you could get a few yellow ones, I hear they're great for cleaning stubborn black ink off of your stamps, and why notget a back up of your favorite??? just a few suggesions.

To you, and the OP, I wish you all the luck, and hope you find the answers you are looking for.

I've been a demo for about a year and a half. A little more than a demo hobby, but it's definitely NOT a money making business for me right now...and I LOVE it...it's great getting the 'sccop' and having the pre-order opportunities. Good luck to you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkstitch
Good grief. Just remember that the 26 year old will be left taking care of an old man some day!! And, you'll be stamping away with a ton of friends. Hope it all works out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I joined up as a demo just over a year ago. I, too, was nervous - I am NO sales person. So, I talked to 2 girlfriends who agreed to buy $35 per month, and get their 20% off. I sold the extra stuff in the demo kit for reduced prices to my neighbor, and actually found a customer base! I have one club night per month in my home and invite my friends over to stamp. They are welcome to order, but don't have too. I have NEVER had a problem meeting my quota, nor have I had to ask my 2 original girlfriends to place an order! Now, this may change when I move across the USA this summer, but I hope not.
Good luck - I LOVE it.

~Susie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Stampin Up Speaks for Itself

I agree with SusiePSU. I have been extremely impressed with the quality of Stamps from Stampin Up. Their card stock is out of this world. I love the choices of colors, and that it all matches.

I can't wait to see what comes out in the new catalog.

Deb in Maine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 316 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Other benefits!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_maggie
Being a Demo is great because you have access to all this info to make things look wonderful and you are helping others to learn what you have learned! Plus, all the benefits, discounts, website, magazines, conventions (though I haven't been yet!)...it's fun meeting all the ladies and helping them discover/improve the artist inside

Maggie forgot to mention there is a whole 'nother section of SplitCoast for demonstrators - or is that a secret? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Here's my take, to add to the many others!!---- you still get a lot of stuff when you sign up, so if you sign up, get all your goods put in a few orders, becasue your first quarter is actually almost a double quarter, then don't ever get any further, then so be it, you accumulated a lot more stamps.

That's the basis of which I signed up a year ago. I don't do parties, about once per quarter I host a workshop in my home, receive the benefits, it's great.

good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I've been thinking about becoming a demo also. But how do I find out the particulars? What's an upline and how do I get one? What are the different levels of demos? And most important --- how do I learn all of the techniques and such to teach others in workshops?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

You can go to http://stampinup.com/ and click find a demonstrator to find someone close to you. Or there are LOTS of ladies on here that would love another recruit. I suggest someone close personally. Then call a few of them that are listed and see what they offer to their downline. Some people don't do much and other do a lot! Figure out what you want to get from SU and find someone to help get you there. There is also more info on the site too. PM me if you have any questions, I am happy to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Being a demo is SO cool, no matter what company it is! If you've been thinking about it for a long while, go for it. You've nothing to loose! If it turns out you can't make the minimums between you and your friends, then so be it. But you'll have fun while it lasts and like someone else said you can post your demo supplies on the BST forum if you don't need them.

I am a "hobby" demo for The Angel Company. We're only required to sell $100 every 4 months which fits my style perfectly. I think there's something out there for everyone which is great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I will be joining the demo ranks at the end of this month! I have tried to demo other things, but I have to say that I've never been so enthralled about anything! LOL. Maybe it's an illness? Just kidding. But if I am staying up very late and don't really notice that it's really late until, well, say I only have 4 or 5 hrs of sleep left for me then I must be enjoying myself! LOL. I do work full time and am a mother of 4...so I won't be able to do as many home demos (DH also works PT when I am not working). I do plan to open my home for evenings of fun and hope that works out in my favor!

Good luck!

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mommy2many/

SU Demonstrator (signed 7/9, Mr. Brown arrived on 7/24!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

just wanted to let you know, i'm a demo, and i'm probably going to drop at the end of this quarter. i thought it was sooo fun, but after i signed up, i quickly realized that NONE of my friends were interested in stamping. i was meeting my quota by myself, but i'm not going to be able to do that anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 03:26 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have found it interesting reading all of this. I have recently decided to become a demo, hopefully 1/2 way between hobby and serious (!!!!!) salesperson -- hoping to find a happy medium anyway -- love to stamp and have tons of friends who do -- but we are in a small rural area and one of our good friends is our current demo and will be my upline -- so we'll see how it all works out -- I'm not out to steal her business by any means -- I will be signing up as soon as the new catalog/supplies are available and I CAN'T WAIT!!! Wish me luck!!! --- Sharon

The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

MY BLOG -- No Time To Stamp?

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 03:47 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

sent you a pm bkstich
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 04:27 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sent you a pm bkstich
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for all your posts. If I do this would it be better to do it after the new book comes out? When will that be? I think I would really enjoy it, and all the perks. Does anyone live near Edwardsville,IL that would be willing to help me make the quarter quota? If so just let me know. Thanks for all the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

I became a demo two years ago and have been a hobby one ever since... I love the benifits. I have one major customer the rest of the time it is mainly me playing. I am trying to expand it alittle this year. If I don't get it expanded I still will stick with the hobby demo because I love my discount and SU in general.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Red face

I've been thinking about signing up for months now. I finally decided to sign up in July. I'm excited but at the same time a little apprehensive.

I think I'm a little gun shy because I have 2 demo's. Both demo's are absolutely wonderful. I'm planning on signing up with the demo that is...

1. closer to my house - more convenient
2. one that has the least downlines (I think she'll have more time for me.)
3. great personality (although the other is truly wonderful!)

Sound selfish??

Do you have any ideas on how I should break the news to the other demo? I hate to just "let her find out".

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Uh.....I just realized I hi-jacked this thread.

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 11:53 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I too am a TAC demonstrator and love it but certainly love SU also.
I have no problem meeting $25 a month. Also have been lucky to have a party or two a month....via word of mouth from friends. Can't wait for the new catty ......salavating while waiting
Hugs
Pearl
TAC #2689
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you should tell her before she finds out from someone else. If she ask just tell her the other is closer. Do they both have regular monthly downline meetings? You might want to attend one and check it out before you say I do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Wink

That would be the right thing to do. Thanks for the advice.

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for 8 years. If you are thinking about signing up, take into consideration that the $300 quarterly minimum is not due until your SECOND quarter AND...you are getting a huge discount off of the stamps in the starter kit as well as your 30% discount for your first order. Also...the $300 is RETAIL...and we get a minimum of 20% off of that so it is only $210.00 per quarter!!!!!
For those of you searching for an upline...I will tell you to SIGN UP WITH THE PERSON YOU REALLY WANT TO CHOOSE!!!!! It is very important that you align yourself with someone who can help you no matter what your goals are. I signed up as a hobby demo and, after a year and a half, started making money and totally changed the way I viewed SU. My upline is 5 hrs away but she is PERFECT for me! So...the closest one is not always the best one. Also...don't feel bad telling the others...a good upline will have YOUR best interests at heart - not her own! Whatever you do, I am certain you will love it! You have everything to gain and nothing to lose! Worst case scenario, you will have a lot of new "stuff" that you got at a huge discount! And...alot of new stampin' frieds!
Cathy Parlitsis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

I hope I'm not coming across as being selfish. If you don't mind me asking, what makes her a great upline?

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 04:06 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Of course you're not being selfish! You are being a savvy business woman! You should ask all the questions BEFORE you decide! I just had someone tell me she interviewed 15 demonstrators before choosing to sign up! I thought that was brilliant! That is common in other DS businesses but ours is just...we love it and we sign up! Then....down the road, we question why we weren't more selective when we had the opportunity.
My upline has always been available when I needed her! She has always provided lots of support and training IF I wanted it. In the beginning, I told her I would NEVER do workshops and I didn't intend to be anything more than a discount purchaser. She totally accepted that and never tried to make me feel like I should be anything more than I wanted to be. She applauded every accomplishment and was my biggest cheerleader. She believed in me long before I believed in myself. When I decided I wanted to earn the cruise and do workshops, she supported and encouraged me with information, ideas, and her friendship. She is still long distance and she trained me well enough that I rarely need anything from her - but, when I do, she is more than willing to provide it...whether it is an idea for a stamp camp, her best demo cards, her flyers, newsletter, or an ear to bounce things off of! Her group is over 1500 now and mine is over 400. I love what I have been able to do and it is largely do to just following the leaders. My uplines are top in the company and I have just tried to imitate the things they have done that contribute to success. I still only do one workshop per week - but, they all accept that that is who I am.
So....sorry for the loooong answer - but...that's what we're here for...to help eachother! :-D
Ultimately, YOU will be responsible for your own success - so go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 11:08 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

WHOW! This has been the most informative thread EVER. I have become friends with my demo along with another friend. We both consider becoming demos and our demo gently encourages us, but never pushes. Because she doesn't push, I haven't asked nitty gritty questions, You guys have more than answered them, and I now feel totally prepared to make a decision, whatever that may be. A BIG THANK YOU TO EACH OF YOU!
Erica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2006, 04:29 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been reading the thread about demo questions and have been very informed. I too am thinking about becoming a demo and I have a few questions.
1. Can demos still sell cards, t-shirts, etc. made with SU stamps?
2. How are your taxes effected by your earnings?
3. As a demo do you atomatically get new catalogs every year? How many?
I know I have other questions but this will do for now.
TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Selling Stamped Merchandise: You can do that, you have to follow the Angel Policy rules and you can not have a booth that you sell stamped things AND promote yourself as a demonstrator. It has to be one or the other.

Taxes: You get a 1099 if your earnings are $600 or over. You still have to file even if you don't get a 1099. If you show a profit you pay taxes on that amount. It takes a lot of diligent record keeping or there are some great programs designed to keep things straight for you.

Catalog: Every demonstrator gets one copy of the IB&C and every Mini Catalog that comes out mailed to them. If you want more catalogs you have to buy them.

If you want to find a demonstrator that is close to you, look at the SU website and click find a demonstrator. They can give you all the answers you need. Interview a few and see what you think you would like in an upline. Do you want someone who will be available to help in person, or do you prefer email/website help, do you want someone who will "push" you to meet goals or someone who is more laid back, etc.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay this tax thing is always overwhelming to me, that is why my husband does our taxes, but he will want to know the answers to these questions before I jump into being a demo. Which 1099 form (there is a BUNCH of them). And when a customer pays you $30.25 for the $25.95 stamp set (that is with MI sales tax) do you pay $25.06 to SU and keep the $5.19 (20% of the 25.95) or do you pay it all to SU and they pay you $5.19?
TIA!!!

Last edited by isoldepettibone; 06-22-2006 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #39  
Embossing Fanatic

Default about being a demo...

I started as a hobby demo...and as a way to make new friends while stamping. I've read each of these posts and feels they're all accurate. There is a definite tax benefit to being a demo...ie you can write off your busienss supplies and trips to regional meetings. You can also write off dedicated space in your home if it's only for business use. Check with your tax advisor for the most current info. As far as which demo to sign up under...I'd go to their dowline meetings, see how poeple react and the comraderie...you'll know for sure right after that! I have a fantastic upline group who are all EXTREMELY supportive...no matter what level you get involed at. I live in Southern Wisconsin (Madison) and you'd be welcome to attend one of our meetings if you chose. Next one is July 7th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

Let me just say WOW! I've been planning for a LONG time to become a demo the minute the new catty arrives at my upline's house. She is GREAT at answering all of my questions but you all have asked some I would have never thought of. Thanks for all the great info. I look forward to a long future of chatting with all of you demos.
Reply With Quote Likes