Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New-Aviano, Italy

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SCS and I just got done uploading my first card. YAY! I'm currently living in Aviano, Italy with my husband and dog. I don't have any kids YET, but I love making scrapbooks and cards for family and friends. I heard about SCS from a friend 8 months ago, but never had the time to check out this great website. I'm finally making the time to explore this website after seeing how friendly this community is and how amazing the card samples are. I must say that my cards aren't fancy shmancy ;) and I don't know many different techniques right now, but I'm hoping that will change after reading through some of the techniques. I'm stuck in a rut of just inking the edges. I need a change and I know I'll find it all here at SCS.

Cathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 03:33 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Cathy!
Glad you were able to finally check out this site! You will love it!
It is very addicting! There's so many neat techniques to learn and tons and tons of ideas!
If you have any questions or need advice (on just about anything...stamping and non-stamping) don't hesitate to ask!
Everyone here is just wonderful!
Take care and I hope to see your name on here frequently!
Kim
PS.-Are you in the military? My aunt was stationed in Aviano about 20 years ago...my cousin was born there!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 03:45 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Kimberli,

Yes, my husband is in the military and we're stationed here in Aviano. A lot has changed in the 3 years I've been here, so I can only imagine the many changes that went on in 20 years. It is a beautiful place and we're loving our time here. It's the perfect place to live as we're only hours away from several countries. I've so many pictures to scrapbook from all of my travels. I guess I should listen to my friends and stop making scrapbooks for everyone else, so I can get started on my own. ;)

I'm really loving this site. So far, I've uploaded 2 cards and now I'm browsing through the techiniques. Thanks for replying so quickly. I can tell this is going to an amazing experience and great community to be a part of.

Thanks,
Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Welcome Cathy!

Cathy,

Welcome to SCS. I'm fairly new also. Been here only since last August. You'll love it here! Many of us find ourselves on here more than actually stamping or scrapbooking sometimes. You'll find outstanding inspiration in the gallery! Some of these ladies are tremendously talented and most are eager to offer assistance on techniques, colors and other various ideas.

Come on over to the Military Support Thread and you will find other military spouses and those who support us! There are some great ladies here. It might take you forever to read all the posts, so just jump in and you'll get a wonderful welcome!

Again, welcome and don't be shy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello! Welcome to SCS! You'll love this site and learn so much here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Welcome from MN!!!!
Holly - SU Demo - scs #19930
My Gallery
My Blog
My Etsy Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:40 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I'm also new to SCS and my cards were boring until I learned alot of new
techniques here and people are SOOOO helpful, if ever you have a Q someone has the answer and are always willing to talk you through it. The people and everything abouyt this site is GGREAT enjoy and have a nice day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy Shmancy
Hi everyone,

I'm new to SCS and I just got done uploading my first card. YAY! I'm currently living in Aviano, Italy with my husband and dog. I don't have any kids YET, but I love making scrapbooks and cards for family and friends. I heard about SCS from a friend 8 months ago, but never had the time to check out this great website. I'm finally making the time to explore this website after seeing how friendly this community is and how amazing the card samples are. I must say that my cards aren't fancy shmancy ;) and I don't know many different techniques right now, but I'm hoping that will change after reading through some of the techniques. I'm stuck in a rut of just inking the edges. I need a change and I know I'll find it all here at SCS.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, Rebecca. I will certainly drop by the Military Support thread. It will be great to have a support group that loves stamping and scrapbooking as much as I do. Maybe I'll find someone from Aviano.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm loving the SCS experience already. I have yet to check out the techniques sections.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

Welcome! I am jealous of your life in Italy. It is one of my favorite places to visit. It seems like a slower paced life. Is it really or does it just seem so because I am on vaction when I go?

Hope you have fun on this site. It is so helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:43 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I love it here in Italy...great food, great culture, great people. My husband and I will certainly visit once we're out of here. Our location in Aviano is nice because we have several countries only hours away. On a whim...we head to Austria to have lunch after hitting the leather market in Tarvisio.
The drivers here are crazy. They drive as if their destination won't be there if they go any slower. So it's fast paced on the road, but other than that it is very relaxing here. If you ever live here, you'll learn to have patience and to relax.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome to SCS! I think you should host a SCS get together and we'll all come - LOL. I've always wanted to visit Italy. Glad you're making the most of your time there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

LOL! Imagine women by the thousands in my tiny two bedroom house. I think my husband would go on vacation without me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Red face

Hi Cathy, welcome!! When are you leaving Italy? My DH and I were stationed there for 6+ years until early 2004. He is in Korea right now and we are returning to Aviano next summer. If you are still there I would love to meet up with you. I miss it sooo much and can't wait to eat me a "real" pizza and have gelato for dessert.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy Shmancy
I love it here in Italy...great food, great culture, great people. My husband and I will certainly visit once we're out of here. Our location in Aviano is nice because we have several countries only hours away. On a whim...we head to Austria to have lunch after hitting the leather market in Tarvisio.
The drivers here are crazy. They drive as if their destination won't be there if they go any slower. So it's fast paced on the road, but other than that it is very relaxing here. If you ever live here, you'll learn to have patience and to relax.
STOP it. ;) You're making us all jealous. Welcome to SCS!
Do check out the Military support thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Elizabeth,

We're PCSing out of here January '07 unless my husband has to extend his orders until January '08. I'll keep you posted. If I'm here, I'd love to get together. My friends and I try to get together at least once a month to stamp. My husband and I were talking about that just the other day...we will miss walking after dinners to get gelato (nothing can compare to it). I've only had pizza once or twice here, but my husband orders it all the time. I've fallen in love with risotto and I'll order it any chance I get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #17  
Mini Quack

Default new -Aviano

Hi and welcome...hope you find some fun new stuff to try...thanks for sharing all your info...I bet it is so beautiful there...we have a family from Sicily here in out little community that has a "pizza" and much more restaurant... sooooo good...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Hi Cathy, just checked out your up and coming gallery. Great looking cards, keep em coming!! We love casing awesome cards! Welcome to SCS and all it has to offer! I've learned so much here, know you will, too.

Donna

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

What town do you live in? We lived in a little duplex in Aviano for the first four years then moved to a GRHP house in Rorai Grande. We miss our friends there a lot. Since we have been there we know what we are looking for in a house and where we want to live, Budoia or some other place closer to the base of the mountains. I also miss the wine- it just isn't the same here in the states. Plus, I am ecstatic that we will be getting back there just before the fall bazaar. Have you been to Croatia or Bled yet? There is a little town in Croatia call Porec, we would go over Columbus day weekend because the Hotel Fortuna closes for the season after then. For about 50 Euro a night you get a nice room and two meals. The Fortuna is on it's own tiny Island. When we would go to Bled we always stayed at the Pletna, a Bed and Breakfast right by the lake. The proprieters are super sweet and they actually had twins girls right after I had my daughter. Both places have really awesome shopping too. Ok, I am making myself homesick so I'll go for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

We used to be at a navy base in Sicily. What a wonderful place to be. Although we made several trips to the mainland, we never made it up to northern Italy. It's funny what you said about the driving. When people would ask about the life there in Italy, I would always say, "Everything is done slowly except the driving!" We would love to go back there, but it'll be a while though.

I never had gelato but in Sicily they had an ice cream type dessert called, Granita. It was wonderful! I do miss that!! We still correspond with our former landlords and we hope to see them again!

Elizabeth, we're over here at Osan. Is your DH nearby? Will you be coming to visit him while he's here. It's really not bad over here.

Anyhow, Cathy, if you have a stamping party, I wanna come!!!

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

My hubby is at Kunsan. We aren't planning on coming over there cause tickets for two of us would just be too much. He will be coming home for mid tour and that is good for us. I am trying to save up as much money as possible to pay off the credit cards and to save up for moving expenses. This time we want to be able to travel freely and not have to save up or short something. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

Ciao Cathy,
I am glad to hear you are enjoying Italy. Wish I could drop over! My mom's family are all in the Pisa and Isle of Elba area. We have sooo many beautiful photos of it.

Glad also you are enjoying SCS. There are lots of lovely ladies here at this site.

Arlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

wow! i am so glad you love it, I am going to Gaeta in November. I live in Japan now, but one of my friends here just came from Naples. they are going to try and get back there from here. I am looking forward to it SO MUCH!! As for driving, it can't be any worse then Japan, it's crazy AND on the wrong side of the road.
I have been coming to SCS for a year or so, and didn't know ther was a military support thread!!
Tia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome and Hello from Spokane, Washington. SCS is the "BEST" website ever and I know your going to love every minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Welcome to SCS, you'll find lots of inspiration here :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 06:32 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Hello and welcome from Ohio.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi & Welcome from sunny Cali

Oooohhhh....you're where I would love to be someday & trace my roots---one day soon I hope!

Have fun @ SCS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #28  
Crimping Master

Welcome Cathy!!

I am an Air Force spouse as well, and we were stationed at Aviano from 1996-2000. Our first home was in Dardago..my son went to the Asilo there. Our second house was in Montereale Valcellina. Our daughter was born at the hospital at Sacile. Oh how I miss it over there! What I wouldn't do for a pizza from that place in the center of Dardago! (Artungna's) Oh the memories!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Cathy,

A big welcome from Alberta, Canada. **Warning** this site can be very
addictive, you may want to pack a lunch...
SCS #25400
Reply With Quote Likes