Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long do su orders usually take?

I hosted an SU party on 01/08/05 and still have not received anything. I thought it was usually a week.

Amanda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Your demo should be able to tell you when it will arrive if you are not one yourself. We get a tracking number so we can track it UPS. I usually e-mail it to my hostesses or if they don't have e-mail I call them with the expected date. It also depends on when your demo actually put in the order. Usually I don't get my in until the checks clear/credit cards clear. I'm a fairly new demo and don't have a lot in my business account. Be patient, SU! tells us to tell our wonderful customers anywhere between 7-10 business days. I usually say about 2 weeks to give me time to deposit the checks. I hope you enjoy your order when it comes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You should definitely call your demonstrator. She can check on it for you. Shipping time depends on where you live. Shouldn't be this long though if you actually closed out everything on the 8th.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, talk to you Demo. She should know the skinny. Things are shipping really fast now. So it really depends on when she closed the party.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:39 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Depends on how far you are from Utah, which is where everything is shipped from. Actually, 12 days isn't bad at all if you're east of the Mississippi. I'm in the southeast US, and my orders generally take 10-12 calendar days from the day of the workshop (we close out immediately) to arrive. If your stuff still hasn't arrived by this weekend, then try calling your demo to check on the order status, or you could ask the hostess to e-mail you the UPS tracking link. My demo always sends that info to the hostess, who forwards it to the rest of us.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Depends on how far you are from Utah, which is where everything is shipped from. Actually, 12 days isn't bad at all if you're east of the Mississippi. I'm in the southeast US, and my orders generally take 10-12 calendar days from the day of the workshop (we close out immediately) to arrive. If your stuff still hasn't arrived by this weekend, then try calling your demo to check on the order status, or you could ask the hostess to e-mail you the UPS tracking link. My demo always sends that info to the hostess, who forwards it to the rest of us.
Really??? I was so spoiled when we lived in Central Texas. Shipping took 4 business days. When SU was on top of picking, we could put in an order on Monday and have it by Thursday or Friday. Not here...Its 5 business days. That extra day makes all the difference when you run into the weekend.

I know..I know...before you say anything there are some of you stationed in the far reaches of the world that think we are so spoiled because your stuff takes a life time to get to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I put in an order with my demo on Jan 9, she received notice that it shipped on Jan 10, and I received it on Jan 14 - it was the fastest I've ever received an order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

I closed my party on Jan 12th and even with the holiday it arrived Jan 19th - in the middle of a snow storm! Eight inches of snow on the ground and I'm lovin' my new SU stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

HHMM.

I'm still waiting on orders from back in September. I'm not a demo. I'm just in a hostess club and I haven't received any of the orders I placed since September 2004. I was quite upset for Christmas because I ordered Holiday Tag Team in September and have yet to receive it. I email the demo and she says that the problem isn't with current orders it's the orders placed before Christmas. I am on the verge of calling SU because I am so upset. I'm afraid to order anything from anyone. Plus my hostess month is now and of course I'm probably not going to get the benefits. Sorry just had to vent a little.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2005, 08:51 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Karen, you should certainly have received items you ordered in September. I had some items that customers ordered on backorder, but not everything. And my backorders have all been cleared up since well before Christmas. It doesn't sound right that you haven't gotten anything you've ordered since September. I'd be pressing the issue.

Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 04:40 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karbry
I am on the verge of calling SU because I am so upset. I'm afraid to order anything from anyone. Plus my hostess month is now and of course I'm probably not going to get the benefits. Sorry just had to vent a little.

Karen
On the VERGE? You should have called them by now.

SU would find this length of time unacceptable. The would cancel backorders and immediately send you a correction order through expedited shipping! Or they will glady give you your money back. They did that for me during all that backorder mess. I got my auquapainters 4 days after the correction order. There is no reason why you shouldn't call them and get it all straightened out. I'm surprised your demo hasn't already done so.

BTW there are no backorders on the backorder report at them moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Yes Karbry, I too would call SU! I had items on back order from Oct and had them by Thanksgiving. 1-800-StampUp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I placed an order Tuesday, it was shipped out Tuesday/early Wed and I am scheduled to have it Monday: less than a week. I would have demo check into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #14  
Zoe
Insane Embellisher

I live in PA and placed an order on the 8th--got it the 19th. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

My demo placed my club order on Friday, January 14th and it arrived here on Wednesday the 19th! Of course, we are very close to Utah, though! I would definitely be complaining about a September order that is still not here, there is something wrong with that! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I placed an order for a personalized stamp on Monday (a holiday) and it arrived at my customers doorstop last night--Thursday!! Stampin' Up! You ROCK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 01:09 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

HHMM.

I'm still waiting on orders from back in September. I'm not a demo. I'm just in a hostess club and I haven't received any of the orders I placed since September 2004. I was quite upset for Christmas because I ordered Holiday Tag Team in September and have yet to receive it. I email the demo and she says that the problem isn't with current orders it's the orders placed before Christmas. I am on the verge of calling SU because I am so upset. I'm afraid to order anything from anyone. Plus my hostess month is now and of course I'm probably not going to get the benefits. Sorry just had to vent a little.

Karen
I was in a hostess club that fell apart in September. I sent you a PM.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I live in Michigan and get my orders with in seven days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has pm'ed me or replied. I really didn't want to call SU but I did this morning. I have been so frustrated & all the replies I get from her just don't satisfy me anymore. She has a different excuse everytime I email her. I did talk to a customer service Rep & she was very upset that this demo has done this. She couldn't tell me if she has done it to anyone else or if she actually did order any of my orders but she did put it through to be investigated. So I hope this got the ball rolling. Even though I am out my hostess rewards I am feeling better now. I do feel bad I didn't want to get anyone in trouble but the Customer Service lady said that there are no orders left from last year. And currently no backorders. I am hoping that I can still get the one set I ordered because it has been retired. I would of pm'ed everyone privately but I would of just been typing the samething over. Thank you for your help.

Karen B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, Keep us updated. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

I placed an order (actually 3 orders) on Sunday night, and they all got here this morning!!! No backorders - everything was here!!! SU is awesome!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:06 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

My last order arrived here in Florida 8 days after it was placed. Usually it takes at least 10.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

You say you don't want to get your demo in trouble--that's really nice of you, but you shouldn't feel bad. She is obligated to send your order in and deliver your stamps in a timely fashion--this is a business, after all. A couple of years ago, SU!'s demo support called me because one of my downline refused to give recruit info to somebody and the woman called them directly. (My recruit didn't want to lose any customers by recruiting--what a doofus!) I was very grateful to have the problem brought to my attention, and was able to call both of them and get the situation resolved. Please don't worry about stirring things up--you did the right thing by following through on this. And if your demo doesn't think so, or if she does anything other than apologize, you really should think about finding a new demo. (And if you're ever thinking about signing up to BE a demo, definitely find another upline!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 04:44 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Default Update

Hi,

I actually wrote an update this afternoon after talking with SU & it didn't go through which I am glad for. I wrote it when I was very mad. I am very upset with the way SU handled my complaint. When I called about a week and a half ago I was told by a customer service rep that this was going to be investigated and that this will be resolved quickly. Well I didn't hear anything for the week and a half & couldn't understand why the demo never emailed me to say I turned her in. So I called today and SU told me that there is nothing they can do about it. The customer service rep told me that they never investigated it and referred me to someone else. The investigator just told me that basically when you join an online club there is nothing they can do for you. She said that the demo is not an employee just an independent contractor & if I want my money back or the product I would have to pursue legal action on my own. Almost a complete opposite of what I was told previously. So I am out $200. I did call the demo and she assures me that the holiday mini catalog products are on backorder. So I am hoping that she is right and I will receive my products. Considering that fact that only one stamp set was from the winter mini and I ordered it in September. So on the learning tree. I myself do not know many people & cannot have hostess parties. I wouldn't be able to be a demo & meet the quotas each quarter so to me the online clubs are perfect. I guess next time I just need to find a reputable demo. Thanks to all for your support.

Karen B

PS: On the lighter side of things. I wish I could swear off SU so I could go through with the threat I made to them on the phone saying I will not buy from them again but until they make crappy looking items I guess I can't fulfill that threat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 05:02 PM   #25  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I placed my order on Friday night and it is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday... I think 4 business days for delivery to Wisconsin is awesome!!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: how long do su orders usually take?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda0711
I hosted an SU party on 01/08/05 and still have not received anything. I thought it was usually a week.

Amanda
Yes, do what others have posted: CONTACT YOUR DEMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 05:22 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

I think you need to call SU again and DEMAND to speak to some sort of manager. There is NO backorders from the holiday mini. This is totally unacceptable service from the demo AND the company. Do you know here demo id #? Do they know who she is? There has got to be something they can do. Keep calling, keep a record of your calls. Be the squeaky wheel. Eventually they will get tired of hearing from you and rectify this aweful situation. Do you read Good Housekeeping Magazine? They have that section in there where you can write to them for help on crappy customer service and they usually end up getting some sort of solution.

]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good reply, Jenn.

I too searched the SU! site for backorders and came up with nothing.

Karen, please do what Jenn has suggested. If this person is a legal SU! demo then she is obligated to get you your supplies in a timely manner. There's a "customer contract" that has been made between you and the demo. It is all written on the back of the customer order form. Did you receive one of those? Anyways, start calling SU! and your demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Karbry, I completely agree. You need to ask to speak to a supervisor. This should not be happening to you and SU is usually excellent with their customer service. I just checked online and their are no backorders at all. As a side note, I am only a hobby demo and didn't think that I would be able to maintain the minimums myself but I seem to be able to and a couple of times it was tight I received orders from friends. You should think about trying it. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Hope everything works out for you.

-- Bridget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 06:09 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

HHMM.

Karen
That does not sound right. I am a demo and I had a bunch of things b/o from then and I have received everything. Before Christmas too. Somethings not right....

SU is usually so awesome for customer service. I just don't understand this whole situation? I placed an order last night and it shipped this afternoon.

Jeannie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Hi,

I don't understand the situation either. I have been told by quite a few people that SU's customer service is great. And the first day everything was wonderful. Today things are completely different. I am torn. I just don't know what to do. I did call and speak to someone higher up then the "investigator" but she didn't give much satisfaction either. Just that all they can do is call the demo to ask her to refund my money or send me the items. Whether the demo chooses to take either of those actions is up to her. She gave me an example (because I guess she thought I was dumb). She said when you go into a grocery store and buy a coke product. If the grocery store makes me pay for the product and doesn't give it to me I don't then call the soda company and ask for a refund. That's the example she gave me. I felt like I was really dumb after I talked to SU. Not to mention towards the end of the conversation I wasn't keeping my cool. Anyways, I can't pursue legal action because it would cost more then the money I gave the demo. So basically if the demo don't send me the products I'm out. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for replying.

Karen B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

I would send a certified letter to the demo stating that she has until xxxx time to deliver the products, or to refund your money, or you will file a grievance with the State Attorney General, and file a claim in Small Claims Court. Then do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 07:25 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Filing in small claims court doesn't cost a lot, but even so, it's the principle that counts.

Have you told the demo that you know that there are no more backorders? I wonder if she forgot to place the order and is now searching for those sets that she can no longer get. Also, tell her that SU has a policy that anything on BO for more than 30 days, the customer can back out of the transaction. Now, of course, you know there are no BOs anymore....

I would send a certified letter as someone else stated and do back up what you say in it.

Did you pay her by credit card? You may be able to call your cc company and get them involved. In fact, I would certainly do this. Also, I think if this is taking place over the internet and through the postal system, this could constitute mail fraud (I know there is an internet version of this) and then she would be committing a felony. Talk to the authorities.

SU is correct in their analogy. It's too bad for you, but it really is the demo that is at fault here. I would write them a letter and tell them that you were solicited for a hostess club online (if you were) and that you know that is against SU policy and since the demo is clearly violating policy as well as ethical business standards, she ought to be terminated as a demo (or she may further tarnish the SU reputation).

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Best wishes to you on a successful resolution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

DS could at least call the demo and ask her why does she continue to say there are backorders when there really aren't.

They say they can't do anything, but that's not true...they could cancel her demo-ship. Why do they want someone like that to continue representing the company???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 03:23 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

I just had a workshop on the 29th of January and it is due at my house on February 7. Yes, call SU or your demo and ask where your order is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 03:24 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

My last order was placed on Thursday January 20,2005 and the UPS truck delivered it to my house the next Wedenesday January 26,2005. When my demo checked on the order on Friday, she said it was already picking and would be here Weds. just as it did.
What great service! Check with your demo, see when it was actually ordered and what the expected delivery date was.
Good luck,
Bev
(SCS#16459)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 03:25 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

My last order was placed on Thursday January 20,2005 and the UPS truck delivered it to my house the next Wedenesday January 26,2005. When my demo checked on the order on Friday, she said it was already picking and would be here Weds. just as it did.
What great service! Check with your demo, see when it was actually ordered and what the expected delivery date was.
Good luck,
Bev
(SCS#16459)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ordered on Ja. 20 received Jan. 27. Great service! Check with your demo.
Good luck,
Bev
(SCS#16459)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:55 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!
I am in seriously awe & shock!!
I send off my paperwork to sign up as a SU! demo on Friday in the regular mail (so bear in mind they didn't get it until yesterday the earliest) and I just got an email that they SHIPPED my starter kit already!!! :shock:
I mean...woooo-hhooooooo..talking about fast shipping right there!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if SU is being a little less responsive to you because the demo is deactivating? I just saw posts where the demo I had trouble with is unloading all her sets. Then I saw her post a question about deactivating. Maybe SU can not persue it because she is not responding and not planning on dealing with them any more. If she doesn't care about losing her demoship, they really have no leverage with her.

I would still love to know if it is the same demo I had problems with. I know you might be overwhelmed with responses, but if you could PM me with the name... I mean, I had to contact them too, but they were very nice and I forwarded the copies of the correspondence. I never named her though, but I got my refund. My correspondence just explained my trouble and was asking for info what they could do. They emailed me back the same day.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes