Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:53 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long should an order take to recieve?

I don't know the logistics of the process of ordering, on the demos side, I am a customer.

Last Monday me and my sister called our demo and ordered a multi pack CS of each color family, plus Linen Background. We paid by credit card. we were hoping the order would arrive by the end of the week, it didn't, we really wanted to use it this past Monday, no order. I beleive today it will show up. Why has it taken 9 days? Am I impatient or this the right amount of time? If we pay by credit card shouldn't the demo process the order immediately?

Thanks

K
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 04:58 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

When I place orders, it generally takes 10 days (at the earliest).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:06 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

my demo waits also if she has a minimum order value of about 150
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:07 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It does seem to be slower for the East Coast - I usually receive orders about 10 days after I place them. Stampin' Up is always very quick to get the order out - I find the slowness comes from UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I find that the delay is normally the demo putting the order in. I put one order in with a girl, she waited almost two full weeks to place the order as she was waiting on other people..talk about frustrating. Now I *ASK* when they are going to put in the order. Call her and see when she placed the order. she should have a ship date that SU supplies her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:15 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My orders typically come in seven days after my demo places the order...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would call your demo and see when she placed the order. SU can send orders directly to customers and the demo doesn't "need" to wait for $150 in orders before she can place one. (shipping is a minimum of $3.95 or 10%, whichever is higher on customer direct orders).

I think it still says in the back of the catalog that the order should arrive in about 7 business days. I'm on the east coast and it does take the full 7 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

K,

Demos are not obligated to wait for enough to fill a $150 order. I have many customers who order $20 here and there; I place the order that day, and I ship it directly to them.

ETA: You can always ask your demo to track where the package is in transit.

karen

Last edited by PolarBear; 05-25-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I always get my order in 3-4 days--never longer with one demo. With the other it can take 3 weeks. Guess which one gets most of my orders? She orders the same day I order no matter how much it is. I think that if they are going to hold your order they are unethical if they don't tell you this. I would, when I place my order ask exactly when she will place it with the company. I keep my "slow demo" because she is nice and has some good ideas and some great sales (often she offers by one set and get another 40% off) BUT I do any ordering at regular prices with the fast demo. The fast demo also does returns immediately where the other waits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

My order also takes 7 seven days from the day it leaves the warehouse..that is just UPS.

My demo is also awesome and puts the order in immediately and I always get the payment to her within a day or two. Your demo maybe holding the order for some unknow reason...if it continues to be a problem, request you do a cutomer direct order, where it is shipped right to you...that way, she can't put other orders with it.

It's so hard to wait, isn't it??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

I placed my order with my demp on a Friday and recieved it the next Saturday...if that helps. She seems to be pretty quick about getting the orders in...
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default How Long

It all depends on where you live. I am a demo and if I put an order in it can and has taken up to 2 weeks. I am in Canada and from other demos I hear this is common enough. Sometimes I get it in a week. Go figure, between customs and UPS time can be taken. I would call your demo and ask her if she has tracked the package and when you could reasonably expect the package. Don't get upset with her though. It is probably out of her control.

Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

It has never taken more the 7 days for my order to arrive. My demo usually tells me when she places the order and drops it off a week later.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Well it is a customer direct order, which is one reason I am questioning length of time. And it was paid for with a credit card, so I don't understand why she would wait days to put the order in. I don't think she put it in until at least Wednsday and that is what frustrates me. Oh well, guess I will just have to wait.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Demos are *supposed* to send in the other within one week of taking it. Also, since customers have the 3 day right to cancel, some will wait for that time to be up. Also for the money to clear before the order goes in. I'm lucky that my stuff usually comes in less than a week, but others it takes more than that. Then your demo has to sort it, and figure out how to get it to you. Stampin Up! says it will get to you in about 2 weeks. So far, shes not late. But you can call her and get an ETA! If you don't have it by next Monday then you definately have reason to get concerned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksullivan
Well it is a customer direct order, which is one reason I am questioning length of time. And it was paid for with a credit card, so I don't understand why she would wait days to put the order in. I don't think she put it in until at least Wednsday and that is what frustrates me. Oh well, guess I will just have to wait.

K
Oh, I see. Well, if I got the order on Monday I would have put it in Thursday to get past the 3 day right to cancel. You could always call and ask for the tracking number, then you an know when it's coming. Otherwise she can tell you the expected delivery date herself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Holy cow I'm glad I don't live on the east coast. I never knew it took that long to get your orders. Maybe being on the west coast and close to Utah it just gets here faster. I placed an order on Tuesday and it will be here Friday. It's like clockwork no more than 3 days, sometimes even 2 days if I get the order in early enough in the morning. Never the less........just be patient your stamps will come.

~~Kate~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintica
Holy cow I'm glad I don't live on the east coast. I never knew it took that long to get your orders. Maybe being on the west coast and close to Utah it just gets here faster. I placed an order on Tuesday and it will be here Friday. It's like clockwork no more than 3 days, sometimes even 2 days if I get the order in early enough in the morning. Never the less........just be patient your stamps will come.
I feel lucky also! I placed an order at 3:00 Monday, and it is out for delivery today. I will recieve it in less than 48 hours after I ordered it! I also placed an order on Monday evening that will be delivered tomorrow. So basically it's hard to say when you will get your stuff....depends on where you live
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #19  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It takes a full 7 days from the date it is shipped to get to me normally. And that is from teh date it is shipped-not necessarily the date I put it in.

When customers place orders there is a mandatory 3 day wait that demos are supposed to use before an order is put in. If not anything bought can be cancelled by the customer and the demo has to eat the cost. I do wait the 3 days b/c I had a big order (over $100) changed and had to try and get rid of the sets myself here on BST (which I did, but still had to pay out shipping for them) so now I always wait the 3 days. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

It probally depends on where you live - I have orders to the west coast take 7-10 days from the time I place them (three days after the customer orders) - but if I send direct orders to people on the East Coast it can be 3 weeks (I have heard that sometimes these packages are in a town 20 minutes away and UPS has them there for 3 days)

�So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 08:03 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

It does sound like the demo waited just the 3-day Right of Recission period, and no more. I would probably do the same on a customer direct order, unless it was for a family member. Otherwise, it sounds like it all got done in a reasonable timeframe.

As for other demos that wait to get a $150 minimum, shame on them. My customers know I send in an order twice a month; anything in between gets processed immediately if they wish, even if it means they pay the $3.95 minimum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I placed an order for a customer last Tuesday and received it last Friday. I never wait to place a customer order, and it rarely takes longer than 3 business days to get here. Since I don't wait the 3 days for the right to cancel, I have the orders shipped to me, just in case they decide to cancel (which has never happened yet).
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

My demo and me are friends through are DH's who have been friends since 1st grade or so. We have known each other for 6 years or so. I did have the tracking number, but it has had no shipping details until this morning, Out for delivery, so I know I will recieve it today. I have never cancelled anything from her and had some things take longer, maybe being friends makes me impatient and since I told her we were ordering all the paper, cause my sister was in town and we wanted every color available, well now sis leaves on tuesday and we won't even be able to play stamping games until maybe tommorrow and the weekend will just fly.

K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

If I place an order on Monday with my demo, I generally have it by that Friday at the latest. I live in Texas. My guess would be your demo is gathering orders to place one big one. For $150 show she would get a hostess stamp set and hostess dollars.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I placed an order with my Demo on Saturday, May 13th and I received it on Monday, May 22nd - which is 6 business days. I'm happy with the turn around time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Also you should know that with preorders for demos, shipping the last couple weeks has been a little slower than normal. When the order is placed, its put on hold until they are able to go collect the items. Sometimes this can take a few days. Then the order has to be shipped, which can take another whole day until UPS finally starts taking it to wherever it's supposed to go. At that point, it's out of the hands of SU or your demo. Also, I wouldn't even consider the idea that your demo was holding your order to combine it for a larger one. It was a customer direct, so that can't be done. 9 days isn't a long time for shipping since you live pretty far from Salt Lake City.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiraj
Also you should know that with preorders for demos, shipping the last couple weeks has been a little slower than normal. When the order is placed, its put on hold until they are able to go collect the items. Sometimes this can take a few days. Then the order has to be shipped, which can take another whole day until UPS finally starts taking it to wherever it's supposed to go. At that point, it's out of the hands of SU or your demo. Also, I wouldn't even consider the idea that your demo was holding your order to combine it for a larger one. It was a customer direct, so that can't be done. 9 days isn't a long time for shipping since you live pretty far from Salt Lake City.
Duh!! I didn't even think of that! If she is sending it straight to your house, she wouldn't be trying to make a show! Guess I shouldn't have stuck my 2-cents in on that one ;) I was thinking about when my group meets once a month for our "Stamper's 10". Our demo places the order and receives it at her house within the same week - she then delivers or we pick up our merchandise.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes