Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paper storage

Can any of you give me some ideas on how to store SU papers? I would like to keep them separated by type, i.e., Bold Brights, etc, and then by specific color. A file cabinet drawer is not tall enough to hold the 12x12s. I am new to this site and am loving it! I realized though I have to get more organized or I will never be as creative and good as all you wonderful stampers. Frustration of looking for supplies does not make a happy or efficient stamper.
Thanks so much,
Michele
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I'm from Canada - not sure where you are from but I found in Staples a rolling hanging file cart made by eldon and I put all my hanging folders for 12x12 in that. The hanging folders are also at Staples in the the scrapbooking section. The cart sells for 26.00 and the folders are 6 for 9.99. Also, have found the hanging folders on cropper hopper site. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 07:52 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I store my paper: I purchased a thing at Office Depot - I think it is for mail sorting or something like that. Anyway, it has 24 slots for paper (so that the paper lays flat), and it sits on the floor of my stamp room, but can also sit on top of a table. They have a 12 slot version as well. I sort my papers in general colors, (yellows, reds, etc). It is for 8 1/2 x 11 paper, so I have my 12 x 12 paper laying flat on top of this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I don't have the space for a file cabinet in my stamp/guest room, so I keep my 8.5 x 11" stock in two places. For quick & easy access while stamping, I have the SU! Craft Keepers in the little cupboard of the hutch on my desk. (It is just deep enough to let me put them in on their sides so they are easy to remove and put back.) They have ample room for 6 or more sheets per color in a family, so I have one for each family. I also have one for the neutrals. My 'backup' supply of these papers are kept in a big cabinet, in clear Rubbermaid boxes I found at Staples (these will hold a full ream, BTW -- very handy!). I keep any scraps smaller than a half-sheet in the jumbo stamp & supply boxes -- again by color family. They also fit into the little cupboard, so I have all my ready-access stock in one place.

I don't scrap, so I don't use much of the 12 x12" paper other than the printed ones. Those I keep in 12 x 12" Snap & Scrap boxes (made by Karen Foster, I think), in the big cabinet. Love those Snap & Scraps -- I really wish they made them in 9 x 12" size!

Happy trails....

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

Hi Michele, I'm the same way...want mine grouped by type with card stock separated by colors. Sams Club sells an open container with 12 shelves that will hold all the colors of each type and will also stack. I placed mine on a side table (for height) and accessability. These cost about $15.00 each (in the copy-paper etc area) and therefore with 4, I can store my paper flat and keep my Rich Regals, etc. all together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default I suggest

Cropper Hopper vertical organizers for 12x12. You can also purchase dividers for them. I use one divider for each color family and one divider for neutrals. They take up way less space than horizontal storage. Not sure how much they are in the US but in Canada you can get then for $6.20 without dividers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I use a plastic file bin. I have a couple of hanging file folders for each family and then within the hanging file folders I have one manilla file folder for each color. I purchased a set of adhesive labels off of ebay. The labels are in the actual color. Each label has the name, color family, and catty numbers for refills. I really like the system, but it only works for 8 1/2 x 11. Also, I love SU paper and my plastic file bin is stuffed!!! I will probably need another really soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 of those black plastic crates for paper. 12x12 in one and 8 1/2x11 in the other. I got file cabinet wheels (Staples has wheels to fit theirs) and I use the clear vertical string close folders. They both fit in under my stamp desk and are easy for me to pull out when I need paper. As I stamp in a closet, space is hard to come by. These store a lot of paper, keeps it dust free and my big paper cutter slides in between the two crates.

HTH

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I bought the rolling thing for hanging file folders from Paper Wishes for $39.99. The folders are expensive; it sounds like the Staples deal, mentioned above, might work. I found them for a good price at joann.com, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks so much! I cannot wait to look at all these options in more detail and see what will work best in my little stamp/scrap/sewing/office room. :-)

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well... my g/f (StampNScrappinQuee) made me comment here to share how I separate my c/s into colors.... while keeping them all in their own color family. I don't buy the 12x12 so, I'm glad everyone else has provided help with that. Here's what I do with my colors.
A picture is worth 1000 words, but I'll try to explain what to notice here. Each color family is in the file bin together. However, if you look at the First tabs (going all the way down the left) they are all yellow.... oranges.... and browns. The second tab's are all reds, and pinks. Third tab... all blues.... Forth tab... all purples..... fifth tab.... all greens
I hope this makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Paper storage-my-cardstock.jpg  

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!

Last edited by SheStampsHeCamps; 05-13-2006 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2006, 06:16 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I use the same system as some of the other ladies, the hanging file folders. I have them arranged by color group. The name of the color is printed on its colored cardstock so it's easy to see what I want. It's been working really well. I have mostly the 81/2x11 cardstock though. I did just get a scrapeeze (I think thats what it's caled) from ebbcreations which is 12x12 sized for my patterned papers, scrapbook kits, and some diecut sheets. I'm happy with it so far. It was a spur of the moment purchase when they were having the discount It seems to hold quite a bit.
Try looking at an office supply store for some hanging file options. I bought the cheapest set up they had and put them on my shelf next to my table. They should have some options with 12x12 folders.
Reply With Quote Likes