Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Storage for paper

Hi all, I am excpecting a baby in April and have to give up my stamping room! I am moving downstairs and dont want to move my mess downstairs, I would like to organize it. I have my paper right now in a file box with each color in a different folder, howerver I want something a little more visable, so I can see when I am running low on certain colors..
Also does anyone have a suggestion how to store scraps? I have all mine thrown in a big box, but I tend to not use them once I dont know exactly what is in there or what color it is.
Any suggestions would help!
Thanks!
Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 04:16 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Amy,

Congrats on the baby and too bad about losing your stamp room. I have my paper in a hanging file box and found it seems to be the west way for me to store my paper.

As far as scraps, I went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 - 3 drawer little boxes (sterilite brand). I remember reading about them here one time. I have 4 drawers with scraps from the different SU paper familes, one with white cream, etc. The sixth drawer has some miscellaneous (sp?) craft stuff.

Hope this helps.

Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I keep my paper in hanging folders, too. I'd be concerned about open storage because of fading.

As for scraps, I love my storage method. I have what we in my family call a "Book of Colors." 3-ring binder full of plastic page protectors. A divider for each of the four color families, and one for neutrals, with 12 protectors in each section (besides the neutrals, which only has a few). Then I just drop each color down in it's own plastic pocket behind the correct family's divider. Some day I'll label each plastic page in the upper right corner with an Avery label showing its color name, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

For scraps I basically do the same thing that Carol mentioned except I use the 5th drawer for "naturals" i.e. the ultrasmooth cardstock, kraft cardstock, confetties, etc. and the 6th drawer for specialty such as vellum, mulberry, designer, etc. This works really well and I find that I do go to the scrap drawers if I need just a little bit of something, instead of cutting into a full sheet.

Since I was a scrapbooker before I stamped I have tons of 12x12 paper that I keep in the new cropper hopper vertical paper holders.

http://www.cropperhopper.com/store/d...?item_no=CH259

This seems to work pretty well for me, I have three of them and it holds all my scrapbooking (i.e. contraband) papers.

I also have 2 literature sorters that I bought at Sam's Club for around $15 dollars each, that I keep my 8 1/2 by 11 Stampin Up card stock in. I place three colors in each section, and it gives me room left over for the neutral colors and business forms. I got this idea from a demo friend of mine. Works great if you have the space.

Hope this helps and congrats on the baby!

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Easy Storage for paper

Hi- I have my SU families of paper in clear acrylic - stand-up- "desk organizers"- from Walmart- in the office dept. each has 3 sections- & I bought dividers-to label each color- I lay my paper & the dividers side-ways- & I also have one for neutrals & one for "specials" I keep my scraps separated in ziploc (2 gallon size) bags- which are labeled for each color family & neutrals- yes this took a while to organize the first day- but makes it much easier to use your scraps- because you know exactly which color they are. I've found alot of pieces in the "bags" that I normally would have just used a whole new sheet for- if they weren't organized.. good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Cindy

That binder idea for scraps is brilliant!!! I hope you don't mind if I borrow it. I have limited space and that would be ideal!!

Thanks for sharing,

-Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool! I feel so honored! I thought everybody else on SCS had the brilliant ideas! You've made my day!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #8  
vcr
Rubber Obsessor

And here I thought I had found the ultimate scrap storage system, but the binder one sounds awsome.

Anyway what I have just started doing is I got little paper snack bags and wrote the color name on them and filed that alphabeticaly standing upright in a small box. Sure works great for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Here is what I do. I keep my paper in a file box from the office supply store. I have one folder for each kind of paper I have. I put the scraps in front of the folder.

It works for me.

Rainy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I like the binder idea too!

At Super Target I picked up a 8 1/2 x 11 plastic expansion file that has 7 big pockets inside and 7 little pockets on the front. The little pockets are great for little scraps. It folds over and closes with an elastic band around a button. They have them in all sizes. I use a smaller Check File one for my receipts for the year. I also spotted a 12 x 12 one in the scrapbook section that works for my scrapbook paper.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those visual people that like to see everything at once, so I often just have piles of scraps in my work area. When I organize it can take forever! But sometimes I get inspired by the scraps that are lying next to each other, so its all good. I'd rather sort my scraps than the laundry!

Shana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

my upline showed me the binder idea about 2 years ago....loved it! she has a binder for each family. i only have one binder, it is bursting, full of all 4 families, but love, love love!!!

it works great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

my upline showed me the binder idea about 2 years ago....loved it! she has a binder for each family. i only have one binder, it is bursting, full of all 4 families, but love, love love!!!

it works great!
:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I have all of my paper in a hanging file system that I bought from paperwishes.com. I have 1 folder for each color and inside that folder, I have a gallon size ziplock baggie for that color of scraps. This is very organized and it is really easy for me to know what colors and what sizes I have available in scraps.
Cathy Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Default Organize card stock

I have a literature slot organizer (from staples). Then for my scraps, I use the large clear plastic stamp set containers from stampin' up!. You can order them under supplies on the web site. I put all reds in one container, all blues,all purples,all greens, all black/grey,all yellows/orange,all gold/sliver/copper, white/vanilla 2containers for these,back round paper, vellum in a seperate container. Then I store them in a big plastic container stand them on end and sit it next to my work station. I can see at a glance if I have the color I need in scraps. To use this system. I have a small round vase that I put my scraps in right away(of course it's stamped). Then I ask my daughter to seperate them and put them into the right stamp case.(Of course I have to brib her to do it.She's 12) This seems to be working for me. My work area stays clean and I use my scraps instead of getting a new piece of cs everytime I make a card. I hope this helps.

Thanks
Danna
Reading, Pa
Reply With Quote Likes