Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2020, 05:30 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Morning Coffee with Just Paper & Ink - *Closed* Blog Group

I'm about to start on my second cup of coffee this morning, so I thought this would be a good title for our new space.

I am adding a link on our over-grown thread so that you can find your way here. I will send you each a private message with the link as well, just to be sure you don't get lost in the transition!!

Welcome to our new home!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 06:14 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,925 Likes on 3,820 Posts

Hello Lynn... I'm here, sipping my iced tea. ;)
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

After 10 a.m., I make the switch to iced tea, as well!!! Mine is brewed and waiting in the microwave!

Glad you found your way here, Jeanette!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 930 Likes on 851 Posts

I'm here!!!! Evening Iced Latte in hand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Susan... I'm glad you followed Lynn's breadcrumbs.

I saw your post in the other thread. That is so frustrating about the home nurse situation. UGH! They need to get their act together!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Susan!! Glad you found us!! I think an iced latte would make for a luscious dessert tonight!! I just might go for it!

How frustrating with the not-visiting nurses. Someone certainly does need to get their act together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi friends!

Wow, I spent the morning doing things and ya'll moved! I love the new name, Lynn! Coffee - yes, please! I did have my 'Bux already this morning so it's water for me for the rest of the night

Hugs - especially for our Susan and Nick!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 03:39 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Stopping by to say...

YAY! Kelly found us, too!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 05:17 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!!!
Now we just need Shelly to find us. Though if I remember correctly she won't have coffee but rather tea.

Why is it I just can't seem to get anything done lately? Yesterday creeped by and I did nothing. Ok in my defense I did have a headache but still. VN finally called and made appt for home visit today at 10:30. We shall see how that goes. I did tell her that we still have not received supplies for the drain tube and she said she'd bring some. Then the nurse who originally was suppose to order the stuff called and said she did order everything and that maybe it won't be here until later today. Then she informs me she forgot to order the alcohol pads. Oy yay. Guess its a Walgreens trip later.
My 100+ yr old white pine is suppose to come down today. So Sad! Told dh he needs to replace it with another big tree cuz I'm too old to wait for a sapling to grow into a big tree. lol I don't think he's going to give me what I want. Hmmmmmm.
New water heater was bought for the cabin and the guy dropped it off but could not install yet. Said now we need an electrician because the 60 yr old wiring from old heater is waayyy out of code and melted in spots. So he's calling an electrician who will come by next week an then hopefully he can get this job done and over with. Ca-ching ca-ching. Good thing my sis is up there to watch over all the work. The wall for the beach to keep lake Michigan out of my yard should be started before the end of the month too. So hard to have all these needs done without being there to supervise.
Well I'm sure someone has been typing the same time as I so going to close now and see what pops up.
Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 05:22 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I am praying the VN shows up and is more than helpful! UGH on needing to go to get the alcohol pads due to someone's negligence.

Sounds like lots going on with trees, waterheaters, water walls, etc. I hope the headache has disappeared!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 05:36 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you for your prayers!

Susan - oh wow. It sounds like a learning curve with your nurse! I would often chuckle during dad's home care how many times they would have to run to the car - and then the store - to get something they'd forget. Poor Nick! Sounds like a zoom crafting is in order for you!

I'm far behind. Today was supposed to tackle the bathrooms and clean them but I was standing near the toilet when I saw a roach. This HORRIBLE Florida rain brings them inside and I flipped out, tried to back up, tripped over Alice's potty and down I went. I didn't get hurt (shocker) but flew out of there like spiderman! I am not afraid of bugs but roaches? Nah bro! If I see a roach, I'm running and I will slash you if you are standing in my way, ROFL!!! My son ended up getting it after I went screaming down the hall and I decided I was done cleaning.

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 05:43 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

LOL...Kelly sorry but that ade me giggle and let me tell ya I NEEDED a giggle!. I hate roachs too but never seen them outside of a bug museum exhibit. Bug we do have June Bugs! Ughhhh...huge!!! Not in the house but at night they are drawn to the outside lights and buzz as loud as a plane, I swear! Then they whack you in the head as they try to reach the light. Gives me the shivers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 06:44 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL! Some people will use any excuse to get out of cleaning, won't they??? I'm just teasing you, Kelly - I'd be the same way. UGH! I can't stand any bugs in the house, truth be told.

The news of your friend's diagnosis is so heartbreaking. Those poor kids. I can't imagine what they are going through. So very very sad. I'm praying!

Susan, I needed the giggle, too... so glad Kelly came through for us! ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies!

No surprise that you're were up first again, Jeanette!! Any fun Zooming planned for today?

Kelly, I have said a prayer for your sweet friend. What a sad and frightening situation for her dear family.

And, girl, I know about the huge tree roaches that are brought out by the rain! Thanks to my favorite Bugmobile guy, if they are able to crawl into the house, they die immediately. The only good roach is a dead one!! I'd be running, too, if they were alive. Glad you didn't hurt yourself!!

Susan, sorry you are having to get out to get your own supplies. And I certainly hope that Nick is feeling better today. So glad you have your eagle-eyed sister there to watch out for all the work going on there! We have plenty of June bugs so I don't know how you can't have any roaches!!

Computer has now been bumped back to a Friday delivery!! How perfect! We are expecting a tropical depression in make land fall that day! While cleaning up in my husband's office in preparation of creating an additional craft space, I found another fabulous monitor. I should be able to get my old computer set up back there and use it mostly for word-processing and the like until it gives up the ghost! I am getting more and more excited as it begins to take shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 04:00 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Lynn, today is the day - YAY for the new computer and getting things in shape at home.

Kelly, I continue to pray for P and her kids. Such a sad situation.

Susan, praying for Nick and you this morning, too!

Shelly, where are you? We miss you!

Update on Katherine - the visitation was last night; funeral today, both in Texas. Then she and her precious children will travel 900 miles to where she grew up for a graveside service. Such sad times. We've not spoken with her but have been in touch with both of her siblings. They say she has a strong support system around her right now, which I am so thankful for. PLEASE keep praying for Katherine!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello and Happy Friday!

Lynn! I have been thinking of you and watching Hanna - and know Florida is on watch for Gustavo. I just don't need any storm of any sort right now! I mean, we're ready ...... and we just did survive like a while 7 hour power outage, lol. I shouldn't joke but that was a nice reminder to recheck the generator which Tony will be doing tomorrow! Good luck with the computer - make sure to tell the Geek Squad that's where all your friends live! ;)

Jeanette - gentle hugs heading your way! Such sadness and unfathomable loss that one just can't be prepared for but it's comforting to know she will be wrapped in love and support. We are both doing the same thing this am - prayers and wiping tears, it seems.

But, at least we got Susan to laugh! BUT! I love ya girl! I do, I do! But I am not battling any more roaches to get a chuckle out of you, lol. We will just have to tap dance or tell some jokes cause ...... nuh uh, not happening, lol. Ooof. I would SERIUOSLY tell my dd's friends and dd's boyfriend when I met them 'HI! I'm Kelly, nice to meet you - my daughter loves you then so do I and you are welcome to our home day or night, mi casa es su casa and all that jazz but I. am. teling. you. If I see a roach and you are standing in my way, I will shank you, lol. If I'm running, just get out the way! And we'll be best friends! LOL

I. just. cant! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooff.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, I will continue to pray for precious Katherine and her sweet family. Some things just seem like too much to bear during this horrible year.

Kelly, they are predicting a catagory 1 hurricane status for Hanna by tomorrow and that it will be going on shore a good deal south of us in the late afternoon. We are beginning to experience rain just now. Luckily my computer arrived about an hour and a half ahead of the rain. So, of course, I hopped in the car and headed straight to Hobby Lobby so I would have my Cricut Joy ready for my geek (just one - not the squad) to install when he sets up my system next week (hopefully).

Another full day of organizing in the office should have it ready to move my old computer in there with a bunch of my crafty things.

Hope the day is going well for Susan and Shelly!

And no more roaches are visiting at Kelly's house. We can't have her going off to jail for murdering her SIL on the eve of this bar exam! We would be hearing about her on the evening news!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly Kelly Kelly.......I'll get out of your way but bet your sweet bottom I'll be laughing my butt off!!! I don't like bugs (big ones) but I will handle it if necessary. I have younger brothers and all my sisters as well as I raised only boys soooo..bugs, snakes, lizards, frogs....etc no biggie. But have a kitty come near me??? I go the other way. Don't like them. When I was a teenager I was babysitting up north and the house was quiet (no tv's at the resort). I walked into the kitchen to get a soda and a cat (didn't know one lived there) jumped off the fridge onto my shoulders then to the floor. Needless to say I screamed bloody murder!!! Hated them ever since!!!

Lynn not sure why I get June bugs and no roaches but that's ok by me!!! lol I don't need them.

Jeanette so glad Katherine has a good support system. That always helps. Still sending prayers.

Shelly I'm sure your busy helping the neighbor get through their loss. Prayers out to you too.

My poor white pine came down today. I swear the tree company had it down in less than 20 seconds. So sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2020, 10:25 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello!

Found you here! Waving Hello!!!

My computer is still in service- sent in 5/23! I paid for Geek Squad backup and they had to send it out- ordered parts (from China I suppose) and I am still waiting!

So sharing a computer. Daughter here and online all day- she is one of the union reps at her school...they want teachers in the building on Aug 12th or 17th or something....Boo!

I spent the day commenting on challenge blogs- tried to do some on my phone, but is way too much work! LOL So, waited until this evening.

My neighbor looks and sounds good, wants no food, wants people to drop by and social distance catch up..... We'll see how she feels in a couple of weeks when it all settles in- maybe she will be OK!

I got word from an online friend in Indiana her brother died of Covid- last I heard he was out of ICU and had confusion/ICU psychosis, bit was doing OK...so kinda shocked!

Kelly- hope P is not P from Canada! I will keep your friend in prayers!
And, sorry, your story had me giggling as well....glad you were not injured and glad son caught that darn icky bug! I am really happy you were not injured in that debockle!

Lynn- your IT visit and setting up a new Cricut- how cool is that! I hope you are safe from an incoming storm too!

Susan- I am so sorry the visiting nurses are so disorganized and you do not have supplies needed. I could not do that job for that reason- I am not happy when people do not connect the dots or when things are missed. I worked in ICU where everything happens NOW!!! LOL
Glad your sis is up at her cabin and can supervise what goes on at yours too.

Jeanette- what are you drinking this AM, I am not thinking you love coffee like others.... hehe.... Yes I am drinking my tea : ) I ran out of my regular black Irish B-fast tea, so am having tea from China this AM. It is not the same kick.....(caffiene boost) I am used to.

No PT today finally- I overslept yesterday and luckily they had a 1PM cancellation so I was able to go later. Hubby had a ballgame (Wednesday night) about 40 minutes away that started at 8:30PM, and I stayed up until he was home. He was really wound up when he got home...he overslept for work too.

No stamping today, did house work, walked the pup and organized a bit- needing to do more cleaning too- tomorrow. I hope to create a card though, maybe while hubby is off in the afternoon at his baseball game.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 03:47 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

YAY! We are ALL here now! This is my favorite "room" in the house/computer... it's just so comfortable and inviting. Thank you for being such a dear group of women, whom I can share my heart with!

And thanks for the giggles this morning. I sure needed them this morning!

Shelly, to answer your question, I'm drinking iced tea! ;) I really am not much of a coffee fan - I do drink one cup a morning when I'm home (never EVER away from home) and occasionally I'll drink a cup of iced coffee (which is more milk/creamer than coffee) in the afternoon, if I need a pick-me-up. But Iced Tea... now that's a different story. I make 1 1/2 or more gallons of iced tea (unsweetened) EVERY day and I drink about 3/4 of it.

Kelly, I am praying for P's son and daughter. I hope they are close and can walk this journey holding tight to each other.

Susan, I saw the video on FB. So sad. It is so hard to lose a tree like that.

Lynn, YAY for new computer and new equipment. Now if that Geek (only one) can get there and get you set up! A thought crossed my mind this morning - you're not close to Houston, right? Katherine's husband was killed in the Houston area, helping at an accident scene where a car was on fire - he and another man were getting people out of the car. I was wondering if there's been much in the news about it there.

I went to the funeral (streamed) yesterday... and I think I used every Kleenex in the house before it was over. Oh. the. tears.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:14 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hail, hail, the gangs all here!! Great to see you again, Shelly! That has to be super frustrating waiting so long for your computer! I would hate it!! That's one reason I am going to try to keep both my old and new one up and running. If my internet is working, I should be able to function (she says after this old computer just dropped off the internet for unknown reasons 5 minutes ago.) Baseball 40 minutes away and starting at 8:30 would be enough reason for ANYONE to oversleep! I hope they one.
Continued prayers for your sweet neighbor. So sorry about your friend's brother. It really hits home as we begin to have connections through friends and family with people who are actually dying of Covid-19.

Yes, Jeanette, in Texas terms I do live close to Houston. It's about a hundred miles from me. My sister lives on the edge of Houston in Sugar Land. I am there quite often (not so much these days). However, our TV news is local or out of San Antonio so I did not hear of this accident. I did find this: http://www.bpnews.net/55122/southern...t-by-semitruck

What a beautiful family. So tragic. They will continue to be in my prayers.

I saw the tree fall on Facebook, Susan! All 20 seconds! I know you'll miss it!

You're right, Kelly! Ain't nobody got time for this! Praying the hurricanes take it easy on everyone they touch! So far we are only seeing small rain bands, no wind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Lynn.... thanks for explaining the geography to me. Everything is big in Texas, or so I was told as a child. ;)

Thank you for the link to the article. Yes, indeed... a lovely family in so many ways. Praying for Katherine and her children today as they travel the nearly 900 miles to her hometown where the burial will take place. She will also be able to finally receive a hug from her sister when she gets there. About three-four days before the accident that took Katherine's husband's life, her sister underwent surgery to remove a VOLLEYBALL size fibroid from her abdomen. I saw photos, it was HUGE! Obviously, her surgeon did not release her for travel to Texas so soon post-op. The good news though, she'll recover fine.
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 07-25-2020 at 05:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:24 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Sorry you had an emotional day yesterday Jeanette. Its so hard to lose someone and to mourn for the family too. That in addition to all the emotions we all have during this pandemic and its a roller coaster. Hope something makes you smile today.

Lynn sounds like you will be enjoying alot of new toys in the future. A computer, a cricut, maybe setting up the old system for printing. It will for sure keep you busy learning and staying out of the heat! Hope your not affected by the storm.

Shelly sorry to hear about your computer. I always felt it was bad enough when the geek squad had mine for a week but 3 months???? OMG! I also totally understand the dislike of doing stuff on the phone. The only thing I like about commenting on blogs with my phone is the voice to text feature. If I type my fat fingers always hit the wrong button. Jeanette can attest to that. I've sent her thumbs down for being nice! LOL

Kelly everyday you sound a bit perkier so I'm assuming your feeling a bit better.

Going to be hot and humid the whole weekend here. UGH. Good news though...I will be seeing the grands! We are going to have a wienie roast picnic Sunday. I'm not gonna lie...I am not thrilled that we will be outside but it's the price I'll pay to visit with those kids! We might be painting rocks too as a little craft. Pretty sure they're going to want the sprinkler on too.

Have a great weekend ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:30 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Susan! Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, ladies, I can assure you that you don't want to say nice things to Susan vis PM because she does get a little ummmm.... sassy.... with that thumbs down thing. ;)

YAY for a wienie roast with the grands and rock painting, too. I'd love to see a video of you running through the sprinkler, Susan!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'd pay admission to see Susan running through the sprinkler, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

HA! NOT HAPPENING JEANETTE! No sprinkler for me and NO video! BTW can you tell this little one takes after me??? We call her Lil' Miss Sassy Pants! AKA Claire Bear
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:50 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Awwww... I think you should, Susan. Just think how HOT it's going to be outside... and how COOL the water will be. And think of how much your friends would love to see the video. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:51 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh what a cutie!!! I think she is adorable!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:51 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:52 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I love my friends BUT...............................no video unless it's of Miss Sassy Pants above
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:54 AM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Thank you we think shes adorable too....but Oh the Sass!!! That pose is often! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What a picture to treasure, Susan!! Plenty of spunk and sass, for sure!! Enjoy your time in the background with your delightful grandchildren!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ohhh my - cuteness alert!!! Look at Miss Claire Bear - supah cute!!! Oh those blonde piggies! Maybe she'll be an actress like her big sister, Tori!

I, too, would be happy to see Susan doing the sprinkler shuffle

Kinda like that time my kids demanded I try the slip n slide .......... yeah, no. But thanks!

Susan, I'm sorry about your white pine ....... I imagine you have some photos through all the years next to the tree to remember it.

Lynn, unless I'm not looking at the news right, it looks like Hanna isn't near you - PTL for that! I love that your sister lives in SL - I always remember that because of the band Hope you are loving your new toys!

Hi Shelly - you found us! Woohoo! I am so sad for D and losing her brother. We lost a dear neighbor last week to Covid19 - he was 90. His daughter said she knows he would have lived on had it not been for that. So sad. I will reach out to her - and no, not P from the 'hood, oh my! I would definitely let you all know. Sad sad.

And Jeanette - I saw your post about Kathryn after I'd posted here and dashed ...... so very sad. I did say prayers for her and her young children

Today - rain! I painted with Alice earlier but she's not the sit still kind of kid, lol. Hmm. wonder where she gets that

Hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Kelly!! Great to see you!!

Yes, the hurricane is going on shore much farther south unless something changes! We have seen some rain, but not much! Hope all are spared major damage down in the valley!

Are you getting any high winds with your rain?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 07:18 AM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn, I'm so happy to hear that! I was so worried about Hanna heading that way, especially with Corona already being an issue. They said Texas, Florida and California are a mess!

Just rain here - it was bright and sunny earlier, typical Florida The old saying rain in Florida? wait 5 minutes, the weather will change, LOL!

We're ready just in case - hurricane supplies, crafty supplies, I'm good

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Boy aren't we a bunch of Chatty Cathys this morning. In between reading posts I have taken down Nicks curtians and blinds. Washer going on curtians and blinds on deck washed and drying out. Then did his windows and screens. The kid will have a totally dust free room. At least for awhile....lol Next up taking down Living room curtians and sending to cleaners. 10 pair uggghhh...gonna cost a fortune. Sometimes I think it's cheaper to just go buy new less expensive ones and toss every 2 yrs! hahaha. Whatcha think??? lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, Susan - since you are doing laundry .......... I've got a couple of loads for you, LOL!
I HAVE to keep curtains cleaned and dusted - I have 2 asthmatics in the house! We had to pull up dd's carpet in her room it was so severe. And did I mention how much i. do. not. like. dusting! Nope! Not one bit!

I hope you take it easy after your morning of cleaning! Prop those feet up girl!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2020, 10:23 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts
Default Hello

Happy Saturday!
Hot and toasty here this weekend. Hubby had baseball this noon, and Katie left to meet Stephi in Michigan for the weekend, they will both arrive back here on Monday afternoon. Katie is closing on her condo Tuesday! Wahoo!

Ray decided to have a baseball friend and his wife here for a cookout- socially distancing...so we cleaned and made a list and I went grocery shopping, and cooked. We just made burgers on the grill, but I made mushrooms, onions for the grill and cut up peppers and Zucchini. Plus, corn on the cob : ) Yum! The couple also goes to Florida in November, she is thinking not this year.... her Mom just passed from Covid recently.....geepers!

Jeanette- I am so sorry for a sad day for you with the funeral of your friends husband- so very sad- and young! Glad she could come home too, and how awful for her sister to have a big surgery (I imagine her blood count was low with a fibroid that huge!!!) and not be able to travel- and hope she heals speedily! Prayers all around for the family! They are lucky to have good friends like you!

Lynn- glad you are not too close to the hurricane- was hearing it was a Level 1 but still raining/flooding and causing lots of damage from winds!
I cannot wait to see what you do with the Cricut! Fun to tinker with a new 'toy'!!!

Oh Susan, the sprinkler would be the perfect relief from the heat- and it would be a memory the grands will never forget! And, I so love that picture of Claire Bear- she is adorable. She has to have SAS to keep up with her older sis and brother! Stephi was like that- posing in such a manner, and her initials- SAS! LOL I know the kids will be in heaven seeing Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow!
Yes Susan, saw that big tree fall on FB- it looked very brown- hope you are able to replant another beautiful tree in its place!

Susan and Kelly- we have wood blinds, and I only have curtains in 2 bedrooms upstairs....because I am terribly allergic to dust! Sounds like alot of work for you both!

Kelly- will you get in the sprinkler with Alice??? I bet she would really love that!
How fun that you are painted side by side with her : )

Well, I had better get to bed- we are heading to 10:30 AM mass tomorrow. It is really set up well for social distancing, and there are ushers when you enter and exit that keep everyone in single file....just so weird not being able to chat and all, but I so love the peace I feel in the church and going to actual mass vs online! Our church is large, so no issues spreading people out as well.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Wonderful Sunday!! Well so far anyway. The temp isn't too bad yet and food is all prepped for picnic in the back yard.
Yesterday I got quite a surprise. 2 of my lady friends did a porch drop off that I wsn't aware of. They can be sneaky lol. Any way to lift my spirits they dropped off a fun gift bag filled with silly and fun things. Decorations for a Tiki deck party (and they didn't even know about the picnic yet) Premade Margaritas, soda can coozy and then the new Photo Play "The New Normal" paper pack and the Ugly sweater stamp and die set . Those ladies sure know how to put a smile on my face. With all that has been happening here with Nick I sure need alot to smile about. lol You ladies give me a giggle nearly everyday and I soooo appreciate it.

Still haven't made any cards or tags lately but instead have been in super cleaning mode. Shelly I have dust allergies too and generally keep things pretty dust free but I also prefer the look of drapes over blinds so altho blinds are easier I instead clean alot of curtains. Funny cuz in our old house all our windows had either mini or vertical blinds but when we bought this place is seemed deemed for drapes. I love the soft flow when there's a breeze. Its the romantic side of me I guess. lol So to keep allergies down I clean alot.

I've also been sprucing up some old outdoor decor. Like my Rain Kachina got repainted and I just freshened up with paint my fireman helmet birdhouse. 2 benches out back got a new coat of stain too.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2020, 10:29 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy SONday!

I'm sure Susan is half way through her fun picnic (what do you think she put in her new coozy?!) LOL! I hope it's tons of fun as you sure deserve a big smile and lots of relaxation after your July. Remember -send the Susan-in-the-sprinkler pix!
You have the sweetest friends - how fun to have a gift bag of goodies! It sounds like your repainting and sprucing up is going to be a nice area to relax in!

Shelly - yay , you found us! It sounds like you and Ray like to get out and enjoy! A Nice quiet BBQ is always great - I love my veggies on the grill but dh doesn't grill often enough (he's not a fan, he just does it because we make him grill!) I'm so sorry that they lost her mom and Florida is not the place to be right now!

Yesterday we lost a neighbor to Corona - he was 90. He was just at ICU and sent home - they couldn't even get him back to the ER and he passed at home. She's just heartbroken (my nieghbor). And He passed on what would have been my dad's birthday.

I'm putting the final touches on some party kits and need to get a game plan going! I had my son 'help' me with part of it (packing) and he put everything in backwards, LOL! I had to redo everything and just SHM - but I promised him lunch this week and I'll still hook him up

Waving to Lynn who is probably running through raindrops and loving her new PC life and waving to Jeanette!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes