Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Washi Tape/Planner?

I seen a video were someone had put there washi tape in a planner so they knew what they had and could read the washi tape that had words on it. I was not sure if this is the way to do this or if there is a better way. She would also mark the sample of washi tape and then she would put say a #1 on the washi tape roll so she knew the place she had it stored in. I am just trying to keep track of what I have and then what place to find it. I was just trying to see if you do it this way or how you keep track of your washi tape.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2020, 04:24 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I use the Totally Tiffany storage bags for my Washi tape.  I can see and get to everything easily.  You can find them on her website:  totally-tiffany.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

You could use a planner or any paper or notebook (Travelers, spiral, etc.) to adhere pieces of washi to with a number or letter to let you know where it is. But if you’d want the pieces arranged by color or any order, fitting in new tapes would need to be considered. Maybe just leaving space. 

I recently switched to this clear Deflecto Washi Organizer. Washi is in rainbow order - ROYGBIV + black/white/browns/metallics). The drawers can be removed.

Like Scrapjanny said, Totally Tiffany bags also work well. I have them for other supplies. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2020, 11:24 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you ladies. Yes, She used an organizer. I am guessing when she ran out of room she would get a new planner or notebook. I was thinking it would be better to do it in order so when I look at the book I can tell what I have for say winter page. I just need to figure out a way I want to do number or letter I am guessing. Thank you again to both of you. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2020, 04:21 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

I use a small disc bound notebook (specifically, a Micro Happy Notes from The Happy Planner) to inventory my washi tape. It works great because with the discs I can add (or remove) pages so easily. I divide my inventory into types of tape: floral, plain, plaid, etc. When a page in one section fills up, it's easy for me to insert a new page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Good question.  

I also use clear drawers but I think mine came from Michaels. They have the same basic measurements (10 x 7 x 6.75)  but are from their Recollections line. Right now the prices are the same at 17.99 but that could change as Michaels is on sale. Depends on if you are going to get other stuff too and could free ship...or have prime for the deflecto.

https://www.michaels.com/three-drawer-washi-organizer-by-recollections/10542364.html

Note: I don't have the big rolls-4 inchers. I dont think they would fit. I do have the 1 1/2 or 2 inch ones from Renke in there. One way I deal with them is I might put in them in on their sides. But they take the space of 2-3 regular rolls so the more of those you have, the less rolls you can fit. 

I have them by subject instead of color. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2020, 04:20 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I use the Totally Tiffany storage bags for my Washi tape.  I can see and get to everything easily.  You can find them on her website:  totally-tiffany.com.

Thank you will take a look!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2020, 04:22 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
You could use a planner or any paper or notebook (Travelers, spiral, etc.) to adhere pieces of washi to with a number or letter to let you know where it is. But if you’d want the pieces arranged by color or any order, fitting in new tapes would need to be considered. Maybe just leaving space. 

I recently switched to this clear Deflecto Washi Organizer. Washi is in rainbow order - ROYGBIV + black/white/browns/metallics). The drawers can be removed.

Like Scrapjanny said, Totally Tiffany bags also work well. I have them for other supplies. 

I went and got some planners for $2 end of the year sale. I thought the date did not matter. I am going to try and see if I can figer out what way to put them in. Thank you for the help.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2020, 04:25 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Good question.  

I also use clear drawers but I think mine came from Michaels. They have the same basic measurements (10 x 7 x 6.75)  but are from their Recollections line. Right now the prices are the same at 17.99 but that could change as Michaels is on sale. Depends on if you are going to get other stuff too and could free ship...or have prime for the deflecto.

https://www.michaels.com/three-drawer-washi-organizer-by-recollections/10542364.html

Note: I don't have the big rolls-4 inchers. I dont think they would fit. I do have the 1 1/2 or 2 inch ones from Renke in there. One way I deal with them is I might put in them in on their sides. But they take the space of 2-3 regular rolls so the more of those you have, the less rolls you can fit. 

I have them by subject instead of color. 

I did go and look and like you said the big rolls take up a lot of space. something for me to consider.
Reply With Quote Likes