Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Do you make fancy folded, or heavily embellished cards ?

I've been reading through a lot of old craft magazines lately, as I sort and purge old stuff, and one thing I notice is that fancy folded cards (like stepper cards, box cards or tunnel cards) are very popular in the UK, but not as popular in the US. US styles seem to steer more toward the CAS styles, or layered without too much bulk. Many cards in the UK craft magazines have large flowers, big bows, and a lot of bulky embellishments that wouldn't mail easily.

Although those cards are gorgeous, I can't imagine trying to send one in the mail without it being damaged. It's making me think that those cards are often meant more as a gift, than a simple card. There are box-styled envelopes you can make for these fancy cards, but doing this often (and mailing them) would seem to be very expensive. They would also be very bulky to store and save.

So, is there a basic difference in the purpose between cards in the UK and the US? Are more cards that are made in the UK meant as keepsakes, while the ones made and sent here are designed as more casual and disposable?

It might be that the UK magazines I've read are not the norm, but it seems like the 4 or so different titles all have a similar style that they showcase. I'm wondering if any UK crafters have an insight, and also would love to know if any US card makers on the forum love making fancy folds and fancy cards on a regular basis?

Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I have been playing with some fancy fold cards, lately. I don’t usually do these. They are fun to revisit, but I don’t think I will make a habit of them. �. Since I mail lots of cards I don’t see getting too many embellishments. The po has shredded enough flat ones without embellishments. �
JHMO

Jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2020, 02:09 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennikView Post
I have been playing with some fancy fold cards, lately. I don’t usually do these. They are fun to revisit, but I don’t think I will make a habit of them. �. Since I mail lots of cards I don’t see getting too many embellishments. The po has shredded enough flat ones without embellishments. �
JHMO

Jennik
You've got that right about the PO shredding the flat cards! Hate to think about what those bulkier one would look like at the other end. Even when I use a thin piece of foam to protect them, the envelopes are sometimes torn.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2020, 05:16 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Some people that make very fancy cards send them in a small padded envelope. Totally worthwhile if you put a lot of work into it. I'd like to try some fancy folds some day soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

I love many embellishments! Ribbon for sure. Brads, buttons, or bling of some kind. Lots of layers. If you cut a piece of extra cardstock (i use the same color pattern of the card) in about a 3x4 size, it works as a buffer. Place it on the front of your card to protect the card, then slip in your envie. Papyrus does this—-stoke the idea from them! Ha ha. Rarely extra postage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2020, 10:07 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

This is total speculation. What I noticed about our UK Stamping Sisters they tend to give cards in person. USA girls seem to be send. I noticed and envious that they seem to have more in person swaps, in person informal get together's, in person everything. We organize everything by mail, groups & forums.

I am not saying that UK girls don't have mail swaps or USA girls don't have in person informal card gifts. All the years I have been reading blogs it seems like the UK girls are "This weekend I swapped cards with my three friends while we visited this cute out of the way stamp shop." Whatever, I am jealous! ROFL (jealous in a good healthy way). USA blogs are more these are the beautiful cards in the swap I am hosting at my Facebook group.

I also feel that European paper artists have a longer history of paper art than we do. A lot of techniques they have been exposed to a lot longer and had more practice. Of course now with everything so interconnected this is not as prevalent as it once was. I feel they are still head of the game in creating these beautiful complicated cards. European, especially UK, cardmakers are my favorite then the overly talented Russian girls. Russian girls are more my style of cardmaking, hence why my second favorite.

No, I don't make heavily embellished cards. I make collage cards that could be considered heavy embellished. No, I struggle with fancy fold cards even with all the new tools that are supposed to make it easy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2020, 03:50 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

If it is card to be mailed, it is as flat as can be. If it gets hand-delivered or goes inside a gift, it will be as fat as can be. I love adding layers and textures and metal or wood embellishments, all not very mailable.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Fancy folds, yes, quite often. And sometimes they need extra postage, or I guess they do, to be on the safe side.
Heavily embellished, not so much. I want to be able to send a large envelope, not a small package! But sometimes they are just fun to make. For example, I LOVE the look of the faux glass tutorial (Faux Glass Flowers Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers). But there's no way I'd send that unless in a box with a gift. Which is what I did with my second-last one. The last one was hand-delivered, the third-last went on a gift tag, so that was hand-delivered too. I prefer seam binding to ribbon, and that travels well. I know what you mean about those cards with wonderful paper-flower arrangements on them. They look amazing. Monia comes to mind as someone here who makes gorgeous cards in that style (Monia Member Gallery - Page 1 - Splitcoaststampers.com). But a) they're beyond my budget, and b) they're too impractical for posting.

I also love the shadowbox frame card (Shadowbox Frame Card Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers), but the one time I tried sending one to the US, I know it arrived a little squashed even though I packaged it very well. So I tend to keep those for hand delivery now too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 06:25 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I almost always hand deliver cards that are bulky. The exceptions are cards that I send to very special people for very special reasons or occasions. For example, when I was sick in March with what I think was the Coronavirus, some very dear and caring friends checked on me every day. When I was well again, I made some bulky cards with 3-D flowers and embellishments. They were 6 x 6 and 5 x 7. I mailed them in padded envelopes, and it wasn't cheap to do that. I felt it was worth the price, and a lot more, to express my feelings to them.

I watch a lot of UK craft shows, and they do make larger cards. I've seen them as large as 8 x 8! To me, that's a scrapbook page, LOL. I've never made a card that big. The largest one I've made was 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 07:55 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I am gun-shy on the fancy folds so seldom make them. My friend sent me a cool one for Easter that intrigued me enough that I have it on my try-this-out list. I like looking at heavily embellished/layered cards, but I'm more of a clean-lined kind of maker. I may add a bit of ribbon or an enamel dot or three, but not usually more than that. Typing that sentence made me remember that I bought a bunch of dies intending to get more embellish-y, so maybe I should go play...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-16-2020 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 516 Posts

Sometimes I make fancy folds, but yes to the heavily embellished and layered cards! For my classes, I go simpler since I work with many beginner stampers, but left to my own devices, I LOVE piling it on. I do mail them, too, just adding extra postage where needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I love fancy fold cards but no to the lots of embellishments

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I am gun-shy on the fancy folds so seldom make them. My friend sent me a cool one for Easter that intrigued me enough that I have it on my try-this-out list. I like looking at heavily embellished/layered cards, but I'm more of a clean-lined kind of maker. I may add a bit of ribbon or an enamel dot or three, but not usually more than that. Typing that sentence made me remember that I bought a bunch of dies intending to get more embellish-y, so maybe I should go play...
Like you, I'm more a CAS type of card maker, but I have collected SO many embellishments over the years that I am determined to start using some of them. I also have a lot of ornate dies that I thought I would use but I keep reaching for the simple dies over and over again.

That being said, I do move back and forth between styles but rarely (if ever) pile on the embellishments. I've admired designs that use a lot of layers and patterns but they always stop me in my tracks when I try to do the same.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
Sometimes I make fancy folds, but yes to the heavily embellished and layered cards! For my classes, I go simpler since I work with many beginner stampers, but left to my own devices, I LOVE piling it on. I do mail them, too, just adding extra postage where needed.
Do you use paper embellishments and layers, or do you go for the 3-D flowers, wood and metal embellies? Even when I want to use a lot of layers, I get nervous about it and end up going simple instead.

I recently got a couple of ornate edge-able dies and will give a few fancy folds a try as all the tutorials on how to use them use fancy folds to make the best use. We'll see how it goes!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I almost always hand deliver cards that are bulky. The exceptions are cards that I send to very special people for very special reasons or occasions. For example, when I was sick in March with what I think was the Coronavirus, some very dear and caring friends checked on me every day. When I was well again, I made some bulky cards with 3-D flowers and embellishments. They were 6 x 6 and 5 x 7. I mailed them in padded envelopes, and it wasn't cheap to do that. I felt it was worth the price, and a lot more, to express my feelings to them.

I watch a lot of UK craft shows, and they do make larger cards. I've seen them as large as 8 x 8! To me, that's a scrapbook page, LOL. I've never made a card that big. The largest one I've made was 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.
It sounds like your thank you cards were more a gift than a simple card, and I'm sure the recipients saw it that way as well. What a thoughtful way to let them know how much you appreciated their support. I'll bet they were gorgeous!

Haha, I know what you mean about the cards on those UK craft shows being huge!! While you can be really creative with that much space on a card, I would probably loose interest halfway through. That's why I stick to the standard A2 size, with an occasional slim line or shaped card.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 10:44 PM   #16  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

When you say border edge-style dies, are they the sort you can extend to make a long border? If so, I can highly recommend the screen divider tutorial (Screen Divider Card Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers). Plus, you can mail that not fully folded if you prefer, so it doesn't have to cost a bunch to mail, though it might need the square envelope supplement. There are a lot of alternatives for the legs, I think I usually use a Spellbinders label die. It does require accuracy in extending the patterned border across the width of the card, but frog tape or similar should do the job.
Personally I find dies much better as I've never had any decorative border punches, apart from the most basic scallops, that would cut even light cardstock reliably.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #17  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

And I can't believe it's three years since I made one. I'd better still that on my do-soon list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
When you say border edge-style dies, are they the sort you can extend to make a long border? If so, I can highly recommend the screen divider tutorial (Screen Divider Card Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers). Plus, you can mail that not fully folded if you prefer, so it doesn't have to cost a bunch to mail, though it might need the square envelope supplement. There are a lot of alternatives for the legs, I think I usually use a Spellbinders label die. It does require accuracy in extending the patterned border across the width of the card, but frog tape or similar should do the job.
Personally I find dies much better as I've never had any decorative border punches, apart from the most basic scallops, that would cut even light cardstock reliably.
The Edgeables that I have are intricate borders that cut into the top of a card. I've been watching a few video tutorials to see how to use them, and I did see one where they extend it across a triple fold card, and crease to fold it. I have a scoring board and bone folder, so could probably give that a try. Of course, I need to try just learning how to cut them without getting too fancy first! Thank goodness for tutorials.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2020, 11:03 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
And I can't believe it's three years since I made one. I'd better still that on my do-soon list.
Oooh, I just looked at that screen styled card tutorial and love how she used the label punch to cut the legs. I have several label dies that would work well for that too. Although I have quite a few border punches, like you, I find that the punches won't work with heavier cardstock. A screen card design like this would require heavy card stock so it wouldn't just flop around and fall over, so dies it is. Thanks for the link and suggestion.

Now to figure out how to fill all that card real-estate, with all the panels! I see that she just used stamps to make her own patterned paper and didn't get too fancy. I guess I could also use patterned paper to save time, if I want to add stamped images to each panel.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2020, 06:34 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

@Cook22, I have a nice collection of the Crafter's Companion Edgeable dies, and they are gorgeous! I'll see if I have any photos of cards I've made with them. I haven't tried a tri-fold card yet. Too much construction for me right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

I love making fancy fold cards. I don't use a lot of bulky embellishments, so the cards usually are still folded flat. Unless there are a lot of layers, they don't require extra postage either. But the basic rule for postage is if it's 1/4" or more thick, it will require more postage. If you have brads, or something that stands out from even a flat card, add a crimped or embossed piece of card stock, or bubble wrap to cushion it, and you should be good.

Any card that has too much bulk automatically becomes a 'hand deliver' card.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts
Default UK Craft Shows?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post

Curious about the UK craft shows....are those online & available for anyone to watch? If so, could you please share your favorites?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 08:45 AM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal preference

I tend to vary between making fun folds and CAS cards. The heavily embellished cards are just not my style. IMHO they are too frilly and old fashioned but to each his own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Default Fancy Folds

I love fancy folds and am willing to try any that I see and like. I always put a 2oz. stamp on my cards just in case. The additional ounce only costs .15 so why not be safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
You've got that right about the PO shredding the flat cards! Hate to think about what those bulkier one would look like at the other end. Even when I use a thin piece of foam to protect them, the envelopes are sometimes torn.
Karen
That's because embellished cards are typically "non-machinable" and aren't supposed to be handled by the sorting machines. Non-machinable cards need an additional .15¢ for handling (actual humans handling every step of it's journey). It should also be labeled non-machinal on the front of the envelope (I print small labels to stick on the front). Hopefully, they are placed in the designated tub for this (I always carried a special tub for the non-machinable items I picked up on my route). Even after all that, a careless carrier or clerk might toss them in with the regular mail and you end up with mangled mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I prefer lightly embellished cards, usually CAS, but I do like interactive cards, is that a "fancy fold"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #27  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I love the fancy folds but I've only done them rarely myself. Most of my cards are thick enough and have enough bling that I put the extra postage on pretty much all of them. I have received cards without extra postage that I think MY post office would have sent back. One year about half my Christmas cards were back in my box. :( So I no longer risk it.

But - when I made a wedding card for my sister, cross country, couldn't get there, I used pins and beads and put it in a large envelope which was then put inside a padded envelope. Yeah not your usual card.

Sabrina, that card is amazing. I'd never seen anyone do legs like that. I'm really going to have to try that one! Thank you for sharing it. 

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by mphbView Post
Curious about the UK craft shows....are those online & available for anyone to watch? If so, could you please share your favorites?
Thanks!
Sure - happy to help!

I watch Create and Craft and Hochanda, both through Roku. You can also watch online at DIY Crafts, Supplies and 24/7 Craft TV and Crafts TV Channel | 20% OFF New Customer - Hochanda crafting & arts

I also watch Crafter's TV, which is run by Crafter's Companion, here: Crafter’s TV – Crafters Companion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Default from uk

I am English, but have lived in US for 30 years. I think what you have to realize is that, being so small, many ladies from lots of different places can get together much more easily. A 5 or 6 hour drive will get you almost from one end of the country to the other! So, as you can see, it's not so difficult to have get together's. I do hope this gives you a little perspective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 01:20 PM   #30  
Glitter Queen

Default I've made some but somewhat expensive

Recipients need to be card worthy to receive one of my handmade cards. That means it isn't readily disposable. It needs to be on display for awhile. Generally people I know in the US no longer appreciate or really give cards any more. A text is good enough. In the UK, people are physically closer and are able to personally deliver handmade cards. Generally people there still appreciate handmade items. I have been fortunate to go to the UK many times and have many friends from there. You may have different experiences.
I've recently made some fancier fold cards and pop-ups. Mailing costs impact the embellishments used. I stuck my Nephew's card in a plain envelope and it cost me $4 to mail. If it is square, it is extra. If it has a bump like a bow, it is extra. If it has several layers and isn't flexible (bendy), extra. If it doesn't fit through the 1/4" slot, extra. Weight, extra. I understand it must be manually cancelled. I grudgingly accept this. It's good to be aware before you get to the post office so you can think about using a small pre-paid box instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Some fancy folds fold flat for mailing...although not AS flat as a regular card in which case I might take a A2 and stick it in a A7 envelope with some foam like I do others. (lots of embellies)

I so want to try them!! I have some things to try with but have not yet. I have a step die I want to do for baby cards....

There is blogger called Mixed up Craft out of England I follow who does a LOT of fancy folds. When she made cards with her Grandma it was totally adorable. ((heart)) She makes complicated cards look really easy.

Beautiful Bookatrix Style Easel Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I’m from Australia, I agree totally with Julieblake & Whitloca. Australians tend to follow trends from both USA & England but sadly in this case, the majority do not send cards anymore. The few dedicated card makers will, (like me) but we pick n choose who to send our detailed cards to, (usually other card makers or special friends or family). We would post bulky ones in padded envelopes & pay more. But Australia is a widespread country (all my family are over a 10 hour drive away) so posting is a necessity. I’ve been to England (my son-in-law is from UK) and his mum (who doesn’t craft) happily buys very large cards to send to almost anyone (and what’s on offer in shops is quite vast), so I presume it’s more of a tradition over there. She bought about 4 cards in a week and they’d be lovely cards for around 2USD. Plus she lives in a small village so could hand deliver to most of her friends but would post to most that lived half an hour or more away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

As a Brit, I will say that my cards have changed a bit in the past 10 or more years since they introduced the Pricing In Proportion scheme, whereby the thickness of your card determines how much it will cost to post. Before then, I would have quite happily loaded on the ribbon bows, buttons multiple layers. But now I am more circumspect and really only add multiple layers if I know I am posting a few cards together in an envelope as that will incur the higher postal charge anyway.
We can make a card up to 5mm thick before the higher charge is inflicted!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I am definitely a multi-layer, visually dramatic, dimensional floral display card lady!!! Yes, I ship them in bubble padded envelopes (considered a small package that has to be weighed) that will cost $4-$4.50 per card (with an extra layer of bubble wrap placed over the card front). Due to our current Coronavirus restrictions, social distancing with masks and such, I made a decision to create cards that can be mailed in A7 envelopes and placed into a mail drop box...just enough depth to be very interesting, but lacking the intense drama of my realistic looking flowers. I use 2 regular stamps...takes care of any special handling due to added layer weight and small embellishments. I place a bubble wrap layer (small bubbles) on top of the card front. My cards measure about 4.5" x 6.5" with side or top fold. Easel cards work well, too. Lots of fussy cut images and a few single layer flowers, dangling charms, soft seam binding bows, buttons, etc. The added envelope size allows for a bit of depth and the added layer of protective bubble wrap. Family and friends tell me that, so far, every card has arrived in perfect condition...and I have avoided a trip out to the post office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazeka
View Post

I've been reading through a lot of old craft magazines lately, as I sort and purge old stuff, and one thing I notice is that fancy folded cards (like stepper cards, box cards or tunnel cards) are very popular in the UK, but not as popular in the US. US styles seem to steer more toward the CAS styles, or layered without too much bulk. Many cards in the UK craft magazines have large flowers, big bows, and a lot of bulky embellishments that wouldn't mail easily.

Although those cards are gorgeous, I can't imagine trying to send one in the mail without it being damaged. It's making me think that those cards are often meant more as a gift, than a simple card. There are box-styled envelopes you can make for these fancy cards, but doing this often (and mailing them) would seem to be very expensive. They would also be very bulky to store and save.

So, is there a basic difference in the purpose between cards in the UK and the US? Are more cards that are made in the UK meant as keepsakes, while the ones made and sent here are designed as more casual and disposable?

It might be that the UK magazines I've read are not the norm, but it seems like the 4 or so different titles all have a similar style that they showcase. I'm wondering if any UK crafters have an insight, and also would love to know if any US card makers on the forum love making fancy folds and fancy cards on a regular basis?

Karen

If the card is a gift, then the extra postage would not be all that objectionable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2020, 06:40 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't do fancy folds or heavy embellishing. That's not my style. I don't have the patience. I'm kinda clean and simple and using Dimensionals is my idea of fancy. Last month I made a card that included using vellum folded back and I realized I do not have the patience for that. Plus it would be a pain to mail. That said, I appreciate the creativity of those who do fancy work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Received 860 Likes on 513 Posts

I occasionally will mail a card with embellishments, but I make sure to send it in a manilla mailing envelope with an extra stamp. It is worth it to be sure it gets there in one piece. It is too easy to get mangled in the postage machine.
I will send more CAS style cards in the regular envelopes. 

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 06-24-2020 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default New inspiration

Years ago I made fun fold cards and decided to re-visit them this season. I'm feeling more inspired to make cards again since I grown tired of usual flat cards. With the exception of a greeting or quote I'm not one to over embellish my card fronts. I may add some nuvo drops of a few sequins and call it done.  As for mailing the fun folds I use a larger envelope with additional postage. 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Okay dumb question in light me. What is a tunnel cards) never heard of that phrase before? and answer the questions (I like it all ) Some better than others even tho I can't make they one my own. Karen you know what I mean by that. And don't forget about the waterfall cards and the shaker cards and pop cards too.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-22-2020 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Okay dumb question in light me. What is a tunnel cards) never heard of that phrase before? and answer the questions (I like it all ) Some better than others even tho I can't make they one my own. Karen you know what I mean by that. And don't forget about the waterfall cards and the shaker cards and pop cards too.
Have tried You tube for tunnel cards?
Reply With Quote Likes