Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts
Default THOUGHTS on SU's Fall/Winter catalog

So, Now that most everyone has had a chance to look at the new catalog what are your favorites?

A few of mine are the Snowflake Splendor Suite, The gnomes, Magic in This Night Suite, and most of the DSP
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some pretty things, but very little that I have to have or much different from what I do have. I've been turned off by their rising prices for a couple of years. I've stopped getting InColor stuff, tools and their ribbon. I did order the 6 x 6 Feels Like Frost DSP, saw it last year and glad they brought it back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2020, 03:24 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

It was an overwhelming selection of stuff but I got my list down to about $110. The only bundle is In the Pines, a few solo stamp sets and the pretty gilded fall paper. I have so much Christmas stamps and stuff that it is hard to find something that I don't already have. Like poinsettias.Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2020, 03:42 AM   #4  

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

LOVE IT!!!! It's my favorite one ever! 90% of my order was consumables and tools. I bought 4 or 5 stamp sets but everything else was paper, dies, ribbon, embossing folders, and embellishments. I am not a hoarder and I tend to use up everything so I went crazy with my order! I LOVE the Magic In The Night Suite and cannot wait to begin Halloween decorations and treat bags. I also love the Snowflake Splendor suite - the paper! And yesterday I used the Gilded Autumn DSP and Brushed Metallic cardstock - my daughters were laughing at how excited I was getting over it. Ooooh DTGD will be so fun this year with all this yumminess to play with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #5  

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
LOVE IT!!!! It's my favorite one ever! 90% of my order was consumables and tools. I bought 4 or 5 stamp sets but everything else was paper, dies, ribbon, embossing folders, and embellishments. I am not a hoarder and I tend to use up everything so I went crazy with my order! I LOVE the Magic In The Night Suite and cannot wait to begin Halloween decorations and treat bags. I also love the Snowflake Splendor suite - the paper! And yesterday I used the Gilded Autumn DSP and Brushed Metallic cardstock - my daughters were laughing at how excited I was getting over it. Ooooh DTGD will be so fun this year with all this yumminess to play with!
It was one of my biggest orders as well. What I listed above was just a few of my favorites. I also love the red velvet paper, green and red foil, black glitter paper, the ribbons- oh my! So many pretty ribbons! I'm planning on getting the rest of what I want next month and will be spending the rest of my days from now til the end of the year playing with all of it.

The poinsettia and snowflake sets are replacing all other "similar" sets I've purchased in the past. They are just top-notch and blow all previous ones (combined) away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #6  

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

I have another poinsettia set and snowflake set from years ago, but they have a different style than the ones in this catalog, so I'm keeping them. I'll have a little bit of everything in those themes! Yes, I got all those papers you're talking about and some ribbons, too. I really fell for all the extras this time. I'm so eager to make my annual Nugget cakes just because I want to use the Halloween stuff, but that is still 2 months away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I placed an order for the bow stamp set and matching punch, and a sentiment stamp. I’m going for the gnome set and the autumn bundle in a future order. I’m also going to order the 6x6 plaid paper. Last year I bought almost everything in the catalog. This year I may be a tad more restrained. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2020, 02:34 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

I'll say up front that I am a demonstrator, but my thoughts about this catalog are certainly positive and, judging from comments from my customers, so are theirs.

The shares I offered were gobbled up quickly and I think we covered all the designer papers, except for the Halloween one but the autumn one covered fall quite well.The same was true of the ribbons and embellishments. Especially loved by me are the gorgeous beaded pearls - a must for the poinsettia suite.

A few stamp sets are reminiscent of those we've had in the past, like the snowflakes, snowman, poinsettia, dove, and leaves; but the dies truly update those and, again, the coordinating designer papers rock! I like that a few of the sets we had last year have returned along with their DSPs. Some of those were so popular (Moose!) and were going for very high prices on eBay.

The gift wrapped set is unique but be advised that the bow punch is LARGE. I will attach a couple of pictures of two cards from a recent stamp-a-stack.
Attached Thumbnails
THOUGHTS on SU's Fall/Winter catalog-117399969_1990029551129060_8485828203978520888_o.jpg   THOUGHTS on SU's Fall/Winter catalog-116817157_1979335508865131_5360964311911243100_n.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2020, 04:08 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

Your cards are lovely! I especially love the snowman, such a sweet image! I’m curious which color green is on your bow card. It’s beautiful, and reminds me of the long retired Forest Foliage or Handsome Hunter. Thanks for sharing your cards!

Quote:

I'll say up front that I am a demonstrator, but my thoughts about this catalog are certainly positive and, judging from comments from my customers, so are theirs.

The shares I offered were gobbled up quickly and I think we covered all the designer papers, except for the Halloween one but the autumn one covered fall quite well.The same was true of the ribbons and embellishments. Especially loved by me are the gorgeous beaded pearls - a must for the poinsettia suite.

A few stamp sets are reminiscent of those we've had in the past, like the snowflakes, snowman, poinsettia, dove, and leaves; but the dies truly update those and, again, the coordinating designer papers rock! I like that a few of the sets we had last year have returned along with their DSPs. Some of those were so popular (Moose!) and were going for very high prices on eBay.

The gift wrapped set is unique but be advised that the bow punch is LARGE. I will attach a couple of pictures of two cards from a recent stamp-a-stack.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2020, 11:28 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Thank you for the lovely comments, bzzzeee. The "green" in the bow card is actually pretty peacock, which is one of the colors in the plaid as well as the card base. I think either your monitor may "see" it differently or my picture didn't catch it well. Handsome hunter was one of my all-time favorites. The color in this card, sadly, isn't that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2020, 08:09 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Received 90 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Thank you for the lovely comments, bzzzeee. The "green" in the bow card is actually pretty peacock, which is one of the colors in the plaid as well as the card base. I think either your monitor may "see" it differently or my picture didn't catch it well. Handsome hunter was one of my all-time favorites. The color in this card, sadly, isn't that.

Hi there! Thanks for sharing the color. I think whenever I see a green that pretty I figure it must be Handsome Hunter LOL! I am very out of the loop on many of the colors introduced in the last few years. Pretty Peacock is quite lovely!
Reply With Quote Likes