Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just "rejoined" & reintroduction

Hi all,
I was a past member a long time ago. Have been a SU demonstrator in the past, and have been making cards for about 20 years. I can't remember my login info when I was a member before, but it was CindyLouWho something, so I just rejoined, as I've rekindled my love for making cards, and wanted to see if Splitcoast was still around.

I began cardmaking when my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and he came to live with my family. I was limited with time to leave my house, and a good friend,introduced me to cardmaking. I was hooked, and placed my first order for stamps and cardstock, 20 years ago. Cardmaking kept me sane when life was tough to deal with. I would put my kiddos and dad to bed, and stay up until 1-2am, stamping my heart out, for sanity's sake. SOOOoooooooo glad I did...I needed an outlet.

Years later, life has had some twists and turns, and I find myself stamping once again, to feel more connected in life with people I lost touch with, and also to make cards and send to people I need to reconnect with.

I am a full time Realtor, and am currently working on making some cards to give my clients when they close on a house, and am currently planning my Christmas cards for 2020.

SCS was very sweet to my family and I 8 years ago, when my daughter was diagnosed with cancer, and I was dealing with aging parent's on hospice. All ya'll sent some really sweet cards to my daughter, and even my dad, during that season. I will never forget how thoughtful my stampin sistahs were during that season in life...

Hugs to all,
CindyLouWho
aka clw
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2020, 04:34 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

welcome back ! Cardmaking can give peace in our lives - I have been making cards over 40 years (back when construction paper was used, along with hand embroidery and needle punch). I only found rubber stamping in about 1993 (my late husband and I were walking thru a mall and found a booth demonstrating Stampin' Up items) and my stamping has evolved from there ! I mostly lurk on here, but have found great inspiration and awesome crafting friends. If you have a question, someone replies with the perfect response, sometimes giving you more than one option for your issue/question.. if you love making cards for others, Cards for a Cause is the perfect place to start, along with Teapot Tuesdays forum.

Again, welcome back !
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,712 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Welcome back! I make cards for an outlet to keep me sane. Enjoy getting back into stamping and navigating around this site. I am sure a lot has changed, but maybe not too much that you find it difficult. Enjoy!
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

Welcome back to SCS, CindyLouWho! That's wonderful you have such warm memories of here and that you returned to stamping. This art has sweet memories for me, too. I hope to see you around the forums and see your artwork!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Welcome back! I too have been the recipient of "SCS Love" when I lost my DH....this place rocks!

I love your name. See you around!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,738 Likes on 1,578 Posts

Welcome back, hope to see you in the galleries!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

I couldn’t love your name more! My stamping introduction and therapy were similar. I’m thankful for the gang here too. Met many lovely friends along the way.
Reply With Quote Likes