Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2020, 05:22 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Covid shipping delays

Just a heads up....I am assuming it is due to Covid....

I am finding huge shipping delays, esp out of Europe to us. A friend sent me a card and instead of the usual 10 days it took 5 weeks to get to me. :shock: As I was not expecting it I did not find out till I said thank you for it. 

I am waiting on an order from England right now that shipped 3 weeks ago.

Domestically...is hit and miss. Some come timely, and others not. Still waiting on a SU order after weeks....

I don't know about priority. I have not done any lately. Has anyone done that lately?

Just saying in case you want something for a particular project...build in a lot of extra ship time.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 05:48 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Our postal service says specifically that parcels to the US are not being accepted at the moment, just small packets and large envelopes. I wondered if it was due to less capacity on the routes. Incoming here from the UK is always slow, currently slower than normal. I had a single die shipped from 123-Stitch that tracked to Dublin in under a week and then took over two weeks to arrive at the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 06:09 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd suspect the biggest part of the postal issue is the lack of planes flying, meaning it's either got to wait for a flight to that country, or it ends up going surface mail. I know thats affecting mail to Australia rather badly at the moment, almost everything is going by boat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Monday late afternoon I had my dd order items for me

Coffee form a specialty shop in door county Wisconsin. haven't received it yet.

chewy.com received yesterday

Michael's came yesterday post the wood panel like a canvas but wood came damaged. now I have to hunt down on how to return and order. UGH!!!

I have been sending 1st class and priority packages from my for sell thread and all seems to be going well there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 02:57 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Leslie is it cheaper for your DD to order stuff shipped down than for you to order it yourself? That would be curious.

I have seen several warehouse mistakes. I guess they are shorthanded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 03:17 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

I know that some of the smaller crafty US stores say on their sites they are not accepting international orders yet because, mail leaves the US on commercial flights...

so, my assumption here is it arrives the same way and Shaz is correct there are not enough flights going yet for mail to be more normal shipping times.

I ordered a water aqua paint brush from Amazon in February, it was before things shut down, and it said it shipped. and I would receive it hmmm around end of April. ( it is coming from Japan) it is not here yet. but, I am not like waiting on pins and needles for it either.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumper
View Post

Leslie is it cheaper for your DD to order stuff shipped down than for you to order it yourself? That would be curious.

I have seen several warehouse mistakes. I guess they are shorthanded.

My dd came home to visit for her dad's bday on Monday. I was having problems with my eyes and could not be on the computer so I told her what companies I wanted to order from, gave her the list of items to order and my charge card.

Such a nice dd I have
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 04:35 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawn
View Post

I know that some of the smaller crafty US stores say on their sites they are not accepting international orders yet because, mail leaves the US on commercial flights...

so, my assumption here is it arrives the same way and Shaz is correct there are not enough flights going yet for mail to be more normal shipping times.

I ordered a water aqua paint brush from Amazon in February, it was before things shut down, and it said it shipped. and I would receive it hmmm around end of April. ( it is coming from Japan) it is not here yet. but, I am not like waiting on pins and needles for it either.

Oh that's a long time!

I am very impatient about my specialty coffee order
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2020, 07:15 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh I have mailed personal Priority boxes from Oregon to North Carolina and that is moving just fine maybe one day later than normal? ( it used to be a 2 day thing but now it is taking 3 or 4 days which is really not that bad considering how much is being ordered online right now by everyone)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2020, 09:35 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh ok Leslie. I thought I was going to learn something about shipping to friends and family outside the 48. You DO have a good DD to come home for Dad's bday!

That is also a good point Stacy....there is such high volume now in shipping...I bet there are virtual mountains of packages now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shipped two boxes from California to Spain in April, just as things were shutting down. The boxes sat at the SFO air terminal for a month and then wandered through Spain for another month. Funny because you sent a padded envelope a week after the boxes and it was delivered within sixteen days.
I just received my Hero Arts May kit, after waiting over a month, but they were shut down and kept me updated. CTMH took over two weeks. SU made it in ten days.
Things are getting better �
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I received the Hero May kit two days ago - it only took a few days from their location to Virginia. (I’m not a subscriber but had signed up for April for something specific and forgot to turn off the subscription.)

Some companies’ warehouses were shut down for a while - like Hero Arts - and others just had a couple people, like Fran’s Frantic Stamper, and like Edie mentioned, they kept email subscribers informed.

Amazon didn’t accept incoming shipments of nonessential items for a time, and non essential items that were still available were in the shipping queue behind essential items. So for a while things were delayed. But I ordered from them early this week for us and for my mother-in-law in a different state, and both arrived within 2-3 days - and weren’t essential.

The only slow shipment lately was for refrigerator water filters ordered from the manufacturer. They sat in the warehouse for a week before being picked up. I was told it was because they were not yet at full staff.

Oh wait - I ordered something on Etsy in April from Europe and it arrived in June.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-25-2020 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: corrected months
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ugh sorry Leslie. I keep thinking you are in HI when you are in IL!

I just got my SU order. I should have looked at when it when the label was printed (not necessarily the same as pu day or ship day).

I did not know that about AZ and essentials. I glad we all talking about this. I have been ordering non essentials all along and got them...huh. I got some gloves from them under their own label but now cant repeat which is too bad. Disposable glove prices have zoomed up. I am so used to costco and 800 for 8.99....now I am happy if I can get 100 for 10.

I am glad for whatever comes these days....being in lockdown I am very dependent on shipping. TG for computers! Could you imagine if we all were still on phone trying to call in orders?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Amazon was still shipping nonessentials, just not accepting any shipments in for a while, so a lot of items were out of stock. But they’re back to normal, just some highly sought after items are still out of stock, of course.

Customer service isn’t back to normal, however, as with many places.

And what they considered essential versus nonessential followed their own special brand of logic.

And yes, so lucky to have on-line ordering. I haven’t left the house/yard since early March. Next week my LSS is opening for curbside pick-up only a couple days a week and it will be my first time having a little excursion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered some stamps and a stencil from Clearly Besotted in England on the 27th and received it on Friday. When I contacted them, I found out the package had shipped the day I ordered it. It just took a long time to get here. I ordered something from Russia on April 22nd and am still waiting. At least the shipping finally says it's on it's way to the country of destination. I've just decided that in the time of COVID, I'll just have to be patient and when the package does arrive, it will be a pleasant surprise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 06:04 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I ordered from Clearly Besotted April 22 and my order arrived May 28th.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 08:08 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping

Yes every shipping company is delayed. Especially from over seas. Yes its due to COVID-19. Depending which country its coming from will decide how long it will take. I work for the USPS as a carrier and most things mailed in USA to USA is off maybe by a day or two. Outside USA big delays. What would take 10 days before will take 20 to 30 days. It is being held up by customs. This maybe the new normal for awhile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 460 Likes on 307 Posts

It's been all over the place for us, too... some things are timely and others are not. Including the parts for our air conditioner which went on the fritz over two weeks ago. ACK! LOL
Jeremiah 29:11
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni | Proud FanClub member since 2017
My
Gallery
| My Blog
"The wind of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would imagine that the places we order from are having trouble getting goods from their suppliers, too.

Webster8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts

Mail to and from Australia is very much touch and go. I have just received a small package from Frantic Stamper in Oregon. Took a week to get to San Francisco and sat there for nine weeks before starting to move again and then only took a week to arrive. Mail to Canada is also very slow. Mail posted at end of March hasn’t arrived yet. A card I sent to Florida two weeks ago has already arrived. Very few planes flying in in and out of here due to the border being closed. I guess the situation will not improve for some time. This could be a blessing in one way - no stress on the credit card from shopping for those must have craft items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2020, 02:34 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I mailed a birthday card to my granddaughter in Texas (from England) that has NEVER arrived! That's been about four weeks now. I mailed one to her brother a week later and it arrived in about 6 days! I had some little gems on hers (fake of course) but assume that's the hold-up. Fortunately I didn't enclose a check or money, as I usually do. I sent that in a plain envelope to my daughter (their mother) and she got it in about 10 days. I still have hope that the missing BD card will show up as I was really happy with the way it turned out!
Old 06-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, shipping is definitely delayed. I am in Canada and a friend sent me a card on April 15th - I received it two days ago! All companies seem to have put a warning on their websites talking about possible delays ...

stamper at ❤

Stamps and dies for sale here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

my oldest Hero Arts order has shipped. ( happy stalking days! ) June kits were maybe going to start shipping today if they were caught up but, I am glad to see that May is coming. ( I have been hopeful since I read someone got hers)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am still waiting on Craftstash. I have two orders...one shipped 5/20 and the second shipped 6/11. Hopefully soon! Both came from the US side (there is a Brit side too) so I dont know what is happening with the first one. I am going to email and ask. I dont have a track number to look at but they said it is tracked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 05:37 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

OOh, I received my May add-on Order from Hero Arts on Monday (and today) I received a nice email from them that they have about 50% of their staff back to work now, ( and they are still shipping May add on orders and have not started on the June kits yet)

They are also being flooded with calls and emails but, they are doing the one legged grape stomping as fast as they can.

I am just so glad they were able to figure out a way to get half their people back and safe at work. YAY for us eh?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

Live and learn

I contacted Craftstash....turns out UN-like Tonic, who has a presence here and in home England....Craftstash (to me oddly) has a US website, but no stock here-it all flows back to England- and orders come from there. They can see mine are hung up in customs all this time but that a trickle is starting to move again. I don't get why they would do that, but now I know. I think they should tell people that on the US website though. I would not have ordered. Oh well.

So who knows how long this could take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumper
View Post

I am still waiting on Craftstash. I have two orders...one shipped 5/20 and the second shipped 6/11. Hopefully soon! Both came from the US side (there is a Brit side too) so I dont know what is happening with the first one. I am going to email and ask. I dont have a track number to look at but they said it is tracked.

Reply With Quote Likes