Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Summer Playlist Master Challenge Thread

This is where you'll find all the Summer Playlist challenges in chronological order!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts
Default Summer Playlist Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Summertime Blues
Hostess: Sharon aka smadson
Keyword: JUN20VSNMINI1
Date: June 29, 2010

Welcome to our Summer Playlist Virtual Stamp Night! Turn up the sound and let's get our playlist playing and get some crafting done tonight! Despite the title of my challenge, I hope you do not have the Summertime Blues!  I hope the only blues you have are on your cards. My challenge is for you use at least two shades of blue on your card! You are not limited to blue, but just be sure and use at least two shades of blue on your card. I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Be sure and copy and paste the keyword in your upload: JUN20VSNMINI1

View the Gallery for this challenge: HERE
View the Summer Playlist Gallery: HERE
View the Summer Playlist Master Challenge Thread: HERE

1. All creations must be uploaded by 11:00 June 6th, 2020.
2.  You have one hour to complete each challenge unless otherwise noted. (you do not have to count prep time.)
3. We have a special gallery for the Summer Playlist VSN:
a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Summer Playlist - it's usually the very top of the list.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in
this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

And while you are crafting listen  to Eddie Cockran sing the Summertime Blues.  I am really aging myself!

Here are some hostess samples for you:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg E3FCABE5-D6C6-4712-840F-6A1792B0BCFE.jpg (138.3 KB, 25 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 191 Posts
Default JUN20VSNMINI2 ~ Don't Stand So Close! ~ Fri May 29, 6 pm ET

Challenge Title: Don't Stand So Close!
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: JUN20VSNMINI2
Date: Friday May 29, 2020 6 pm ET

We have all been dealing with the recent pandemic and the recommendations from medical experts to stay healthy and safe. In the early stages of stay-at-home orders here in Illinois, I saw many people trying to make light of a stressful and difficult situation by coming up with their own Corona Playlist. One of the most popular songs listed has been by The Police: Don't Stand So Close to Me."

My challenge is a sketch challenge. The 4 circles can be a different shape, just make them all the same shape (e.g. stars, hearts.) You can use any stamps, any colors, and sentiments as long as it is summer related.

One final note: I know I have been thinking a lot about people dealing with this head-on. I have a brother-in-law who contracted the virus (doing well in home isolation so far) and lots of family members who are nurses. I also have friends and family members out of work because of the shut down. My heart goes out to everyone. Please know this challenge is not to make fun of the situation, just to find a bright side through our craft.

Inky Cyber {{{HUGS}}}

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 11 pm ET July 6, 2020.
2. You have 1 hour to complete each challenge unless otherwise noted. (you do not have to count prep time.)

a) From the "Main Gallery" dropdown list on the first page of the uploader, choose Events and Special Collections.
b) From the Sub-gallery dropdown list, choose Virtual Stamping and Scrapbooking Nights ~ it's the last in the list.
c) From the new sub-gallery dropdown list choose Summer Playlist - it's usually the very top of the list.

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your
image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
5. Please do not combine VSN challenges...but you may combine any other challenges with a VSN challenge!

this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 94CDF41D-5BB3-4339-AC56-BEC3D7DBFA22.jpg (112.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNMINI2 Distancing.jpg (93.0 KB, 22 views)
VSN Coordinator

Challenge Title: Always Be A Rainbow
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: JUN20VSNMINI3
Date: Fri, May 29 - 7 pm ET

Be inspired by this song to create a rainbow, or a design that uses ALL the colors of the rainbow!!

View the gallery for this challenge:
HERE

2. You have 1 hour to complete each challenge unless otherwise noted. (you do not have to count prep time.)

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation i
this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 568 Likes on 455 Posts
Default JUN20VSNMINI4 ~ Tutti Frutti! ~ Fri May 29, 8 pm ET

Challenge Title: Tutti Fruitti
Hostess: Misti aka Scraperwannabe
Keyword: JUN20VSNMINI4
Date:

https://youtu.be/F13JNjpNW6c

In honor of Little Richard, let's be inspired by his song Tutti Frutti. Show me some fruit on your project.

image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid
typos.

this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR
PLAYING ALONG!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 832 Likes on 586 Posts
Default JUN20VSNA ~ Classics ~ Friday June 26 ~ 4pm EST

Challenge Title: Classics
Hostess: Lisa (Shoe Girl)
Keyword: JUNE20VSNA
Date: Friday, June 26, 2020 4:00 p.m.

Growing up I was raised listening to the classic voices of Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton and many, many others. Once I was able to choose my own music choices I listened to Jazz and Classical Music. My challenge to you is to use a CLASSIC ROSE on your cards.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts
Default JUN20VSNB ~ Hats Off ~ Friday, June 26, 5 pm ET

Challenge Title: Hats Off
Hostess: Melody aka lacyquilter
Keyword: JUN20VSNB
Date: Friday, June 26, 5 pm ET

I love country western music. Many country singers wear a cowboy hat, Stetson and Resistol being a couple of popular brands.

Image from clipart-library.com

My challenge to you is to include a cowboy hat on your card. So what do you do if you do not have a cowboy hat in your collection?  I actually do not own a stamp or die of a cowboy hat, so I needed to be creative.  I found a free image on line and used that for one card, but I also created a hat using a punch.  Directions are below*.  However, if you don't like these options, any type of hat will be acceptable.  Whatever you do, have fun.  I look forward to seeing all your creations. 

*How to make a cowboy hat with ovals.  I used a punch, but dies will also work.  Punch 2 ovals (I used the same size).  Then trim about half off of one oval; use your punch or scissors.  I wanted a band, so I added one.  Cut a rounded 'V' for the top of the hat.  At this point, you could glue the pieces together and use as is.  I chose to give mine some dimension by using a bone folder to curve the rim upward.  I also added a bit of ink around the edge.  Click on the pictures below to see the steps.

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2887.jpg (133.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2891.jpg (65.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2892.jpg (155.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2897.jpg (99.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2898.jpg (65.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2899.jpg (80.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2906.jpg (174.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2902.jpg (183.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNB_annsforte3_Cowgirl_s_Boots_and_Hat_by_annsforte3.jpg (41.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNB_annsforte3_The_Guy_in_the_White_Hat_by_annsforte3.jpg (42.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNB_annsforte3_Singing_Cowgirl_by_annsforte3.jpg (43.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNB_Holiday_Howdy_by_gregzgurl.jpg (123.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 06_JUN20VSNB_Cowgirl_by_Miss_Boo.jpg (177.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg AB2CAEF9-6D6B-48BA-B93B-FCEDDEEAD20C_by_smadson.jpeg (193.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200605_175839552_by_JanetJ.jpg (162.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg C9C25A79-E583-4FA3-B4F3-F501860D5BE1.jpg (180.5 KB, 9 views)
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts
Default JUN20VSNC~ Fishin in the Dark~ Friday June 26, 6pm EST

Challenge Title: Fishin' In The Dark
Hostess: Annette (AnnetteMac)
Keyword: JUN20VSNC

Date: Friday June 26, 2020 6pm ET

I'm so glad that you could join me for my first ever VSN challenge! I really enjoy the song "Fishin' in the Dark" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It has such a catchy tune and great lyrics full of summertime imagery.

My challenge to you is to use the song lyrics as inspiration. Let us know in the description what part of the lyric inspired you. Use your imagination, anything goes!

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Special thanks to my wonderful sample makers: Ann, Sharon, Sonja, Janet and Jen

My Gallery

Last edited by Scraperwannabe; 06-26-2020 at 09:03 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts
Default JUN20VSND ~ Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot ~ Friday June 26, 7pm ES Bikini

Challenge Title: Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
Hostess: Kelly (MiamiKel4)
Keyword: JUN20VSND
Date: Friday June 26, 2020 7 pm ET

Hi all! Kelly here with your next challenge ~ but don't worry, you don't need to have a bikini! The playlist song for this challenge is "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weanie" by Brian Hyland released in June 1960. In addition to being catchy and sing alongable, it brings back fond memories of my dad playing it on his 8 track player!

The optional twist to this challenge is inspired by the lyric in the song that says 'she was afraid to come out of the locker, she was as nervous as she could be.' Try something you've been nervous about attempting, maybe a new to you technique or a new product. 

Recap: polka dots, yellow, courage and have fun! (Bikinis are optional, either on your card or person! Hee hee!)

View the Gallery for this challenge:
HERE

this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!

Sample cards:  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9832 (1).jpg (167.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSND_annsforte3_Smiling_Dots_by_annsforte3.jpg (43.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSN_yellow_by_Dr_Sonja.jpg (118.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSND_by_Jennifrann.jpg (145.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 86B444DB-FCAF-44C4-9883-3FF306E9E475.jpg (164.4 KB, 10 views)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,180 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Challenge Title: Summer Night
Hostess: Ann aka: annsforte3
Keyword: JUN20VSNE
Date: Friday, June 26, 2020, 8 P.M. EST

Welcome to the Summer PLaylist VSN!!

My favorite summer song is from Grease, sung by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta, titled "Summer Nights"!

At the end of every chorus the words ring out...oh oh the summer nights!!  The final line to the song we all probabley remember, if you have seen the movie, together they sing...oh those summer nights!  I can hear it now those high notes they reach!!

So my challenge is to make a card depicting a summer night!!

If you need further inspiration here are the lyrics to the song:

Summer loving had me a blast
Summer loving happened so fast
I met a girl crazy for me
Met a boy cute as can be
Summer days drifting away to ho oh the summer nights

Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far,
Like does he have a car

She swam by me she got a cramp
He ran by me got my suit damp
I saved her life she nearly drowned
He showed off splashing around
Summer sun somethings begun but oh oh the summer nights

Was it love at first sight?
Did she put up a fight?

Took her bowling in the arcade
WE went strolling drank lemonade
We made out under the dock
We stayed out till 10 o'clock
Summer fling don't mean a thing but oh oh the summer nights.

But you don't gotta brag
Cause he sounds like a drag

He got friendly holding my hand
She got friendly down in the sand
He was sweet just turned eighteen
Well she was good you know what I mean
Summer heat boy and girl meet but oh oh the summer nights.

How much dough did he spend?
Could she get me a friend?

It turned colder that's where it ends
So I told her we'd still be friends
Then we made our true love vow
Wonder what she's doing now

Summer dreams ripped at the seams but OH THOSE SUMMER NIGHTS!!!

Song writer: Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs

Thank you to all of my wonderful sample makers!  I so appreciate you!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 191 Posts

Challenge Title: You are the Stamping Queen!
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: JUN20VSNF
Date: Friday June 26, 2020 9 pm ET

A couple of years ago, I was searching YouTube for some upbeat music to help me get motivated to make a bunch of cards.  Something made me think of ABBA's music, and I ended up binging on their original music videos!  I didn't get much done that day, but now I often turn on their tunes if I need a boost of energy.

The group is known for great harmonies, and their videos often feature crazy disco-era costumes.  You get away with a lot when you are a global success!

My challenge for you is 2-fold.
1.  The 2 female lead singers look very different, but they compliment each other beautifully.  Feature TWO SEPARATE IMAGES that coordinate well together.
2.  Add lots of embellishments!  No VSN police, so what "lots" means can vary.  Maybe an extra large bow, lots of sequins, glitter...whatever you want! 

Thanks to my sample makers!  You are all stamping queens!

The title of my challenge is inspired by the song Dancing Queen, BUT the challenge itself is not about that song.  It's all about the overall sound of ABBA.  My favorite ABBA song is "Take a Chance on Me"

https://youtu.be/-crgQGdpZR0

Like some hostesses, I am going to try hosting a Zoom call when my challenge goes live.  I hope it works!  You can download the Zoom app for free on your computer or smartphone.  I use my phone because my laptop is too old and full!  Here is the text for the invitation (I don't understand the one tap mobile because it isn't linked):

Kim Padan is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83417082949?pwd=UERxWmwxMXZqYTNrZVYySGFEUTgzdz09

Meeting ID: 834 1708 2949
Password: 804541
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,83417082949#,,,,0#,,804541# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,83417082949#,,,,0#,,804541# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 834 1708 2949
Password: 804541
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbIWwNRMx2

image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts
Default JUN20VSNKIDS ~ Shake It Up, Baby! ~ Sat Jun 27, 12pm ET

Challenge Title: Shake It Up, Baby!
Hostess: Jennifrann (Jen)
Keyword: JUNVSNKIDS
Date: Saturday, 12:00pm ET

Welcome to Day 2 of our June VSN! 
Let's Shake It Up and maybe even Twist and Shout. Here is a fun activity that I found online:
Shake It Up! No Mess Painting Activity for Preschoolers | Sunny Day Family
We used Ovaltine and PB2 containers and some beans I had in my craft room for filling crocheted juggling balls.

My kids wanted to add in some extra challenges for you:
Raleigh would like to see you use a colored cardstock instead of white.
Desmond wants you to add glitter to your project.
I want you to have loads of fun!!
BONUS:  When this challenge goes LIVE I am hosting a ZOOM meeting so we can chat face-to-face with as many crafty sisters as log in. I will also be posting to this thread but wanted to offer the fun of more LIVE action. It is simple to do: just type the meeting address into your browser. ZOOM supports Chrome, Safari, and Foxfire but not Explorer.

Jennifer Lewis is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting;
Topic: JUN20VSNKIDS Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 27, 2020 12:15 PM Eastern Time 

Join Zoom Meeting

<span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"">https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9743004046?pwd=dkhwUGFBb1NMSmJGQ3VXWlhmZno4UT09<o:p></o:p>

Meeting ID: 974 300 4046
Password: splitcoast
Attached Images
File Type: jpg card2.jpg (99.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNKIDS5.jpg (73.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS.jpg (71.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS2.jpg (84.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS3.jpg (60.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS4.jpg (32.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS6.jpg (46.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS7.jpg (44.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg VSNKIDS8.jpg (57.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200626_122510682_by_JanetJ.jpg (180.6 KB, 15 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts
Default JUN20VSNH ~Summer In The City~ June 27 1:00 pm ET

Challenge Title: Summer In The City
Hostess: Sharon aka smadson
Keyword: JUN20VSNH
Date: Saturday, 1:00pm ET

Good Afternoon!  Welcome to the next challenge.  I hope you all are having as much fun as I am doing these challenges. When I thought of what might be on a Summer Playlist, I thought of several songs with the word Summer in them, and thought right away of Summer In The City by the Lovin' Spoonful.  I thought it would be a fun challenge to challenge you to put a city scene on your cards or something you might find in the city. So, go create, have fun!  Below are some samples from our hostesses for your inspiration!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!

Stazon Splitcoast

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts
Default JUN20VSNI ~ What A Wonderful World ~ Sat. June 27, 2 pm ET

Challenge Title: What A Wonderful World
Hostess: Janet (SCS Name: JanetJ)
Keyword:JUN20VSNI
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2020 @2:00 PM EST

Oh, this song by Louis Armstrong is a song I have sung many times! I love what is being said in this song - about talking to people, communicating well, and helping others.

For this challenge, I want you to make a card with something about music and the world in your card, AND - to make your card, pick 3 things from the board below (in a line, like when you have played tic-tac-toe) to use on your card.

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!

Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts
Default JUN20VSNJ ~ Endless Summer ~ Sat June 27 3pm EST

Challenge Title: Endless Summer

Challenge Hostess: Sue aka gregzgurl

Keyword: JUN20VSNJ

Date: Saturday, June 27, 3:00 PM

I was born and raised in southern California and spent a considerable amount of time on the beaches there. Lots of stories to tell, but I won't include them here. The soundtrack to my younger days included A LOT of Beach Boys songs. My surfer buddy Kent and I attended a Beach Boys concert around New Year's every year for several years running. When the Beach Boys did their "Endless Summer" tour with the band Chicago, my sister and I went to see them at Anaheim Stadium. It was a sunny, fun-filled day and exciting performance and all the rest - one of those events that you never forget. I included the Endless Summer album cover on a collage I did for a challenge some years ago (see thumbnail below).

My challenge to you is to make a card (or other project) inspired by one of the Beach Boys songs. If you are unfamiliar, here is a link to the Wikipedia page: Endless Summer (Beach Boys album) and to the entire album on YouTube: Beach Boys Endless Summer

A special thanks to my sweet sample makers!

View the gallery for this challenge HERE

View the entire Summer Playlist gallery HERE

View the Master Challenge thread HERE

typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back_in_the_Day.jpg (64.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Surfin' Safari.jpg (111.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Warmth of the Sun.jpg (197.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Beach_by_AnnetteMac.jpg (75.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNCali_by_Dr_Sonja.jpg (99.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNJ_annsforte3_Summer_Thank_You_by_annsforte3.jpg (43.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNJ_annsforte3_Summer_Time_by_annsforte3.jpg (35.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNJ_annsforte3_Summer_Waves_by_annsforte3.jpg (47.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNJ_car_by_Miss_Boo.jpg (181.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg You're a Classic_by_smadson.jpeg (106.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0B16BD55-32EA-4050-A7A7-AE019E9EFA5D.jpg (200.1 KB, 10 views)

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts
Default JUN20VSNK -Summer of 1968 - Saturday, June 27, 2020, 4 pm EST -

Challenge Title: Summer of 1968

Hostess: Jeanette (Forest Ranger)

Keyword: JUN20VSNK

Date: Saturday, June 27; 4pm EST

Challenge: I used a Random Number Generator to choose a number between 1920 and 2020. The number generated was 1968 so for this challenge you will need to do some research (Google is your friend) and find out what songs were popular in the summer of 1968. Choose one of those songs as inspiration for your card.

When posting your card, please share with us what song you chose, too... so we can sing along.

Stumped on how to find a song? Google isn't cooperating for you??? HERE is a link that might help.

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!!

SCS CAS Team and SCS Sketch Team
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts
Default JUN20VSNL ~ Animals ~ Saturday, June 27 ~ 5 pm ET

Challenge Title: Animals (by Maroon 5)
Hostess: Jen (Miss Boo)
Keyword:JUN20VSNL
Date: Saturday, June 27, 5 pm ET

Not only do I love coloring animals for my cards, but I love watching the wildlife at home during the warm weather months. We have a family of five deer in the woods our apartment faces along with many squirrels. Last summer, there was a black squirrel. It was the first time I'd seen one of those! We usually see bunnies but not this year. We live near a dog park so we see a lot of people walking their dogs. My autistic son loves seeing them and I love seeing him happy about something.

My challenge for you is an easy one. Use two or more animals on your creation. They can be the same kind of animals or different. No need to ask if birds, mice, alligators, etc. are animals. Close enough. Just have fun!

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06_JUN20VSNL_cupcake_by_Miss_Boo.jpg (163.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 06_JUN20VSNL_dogs_by_Miss_Boo.jpg (171.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNL_annsforte3_Two_Friends_by_annsforte3.jpg (53.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg JUN20VSNL_by_Dr_Sonja.jpeg (164.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNL_by_AnnetteMac.jpg (91.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNL_by_JanetJ.jpg (127.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNL_by_smadson.jpg (95.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg JUN20VSNL_Happy_Fourth_by_gregzgurl.jpg (96.3 KB, 3 views)
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts
Default JUN20VSNM- My Favorite Things - Sat June 27 6pm EST

Challenge Title: My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music)
Hostess: Susan (susanbri)
Keyword: JUN20VSNM
Date: Saturday June 27, 6pm EST

I'm a big fan of musicals so I'm challenging you to use "My Favorite Things" from "The Sound of Music". I'd like you to be inspired by either something in the lyrics in the song or something that is one of your favourite things. Please let us know what inspired you in the write-up for your card.

If you need to see the lyrics for the song, please go to this link.

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!!

Attached Images
File Type: png 06cccc.png (1.59 MB, 4 views)
File Type: png mixstsn.png (1.56 MB, 7 views)

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 368 Likes on 286 Posts
Default Jun20VSNN- Boot Scootin' - Sat June 27, 7pm EST

Challenge Title: Boot Scootin'
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: JUN20VSNN   TWO (2) N's!
Date:
Saturday June 27, 7 P. M. ET

I very much miss my line dancing group, which has been suspended with the covid19 lockdown.  So much good happens with dancing:  social, mental, physical, and fun! but hard to do solo.  Or via Zoom.  Yes, there are limitations to technology.

But not with our music.  Yes, there's lots of country, but there's also vintage rock, and more.  My favorites are "Dizzy" (my head is spinning.  In more ways than dancing) and Bicycle Waltz.  Oh!  and "Louis Louis"!  "Bossa Nova".  I can go on...  Actually, most dance patterns can work with any other kinds of songs.

My challenge is to use line dancing music as inspiration for your playlist project.  Don't feel limited to country music.  Think any dance tunes, or dancing shoes/boots, or even things in a line.  I was thinking to do another sample card using a loaded clothesline!

typos.
PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cowgirls.jpg (97.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg clothesline.jpg (152.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg N boots.jpg (170.6 KB, 10 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Received 568 Likes on 455 Posts

Challenge Title: A Spoonful of Sugar
Hostess: Misti aka Scraperwannabe
Keyword: JUN20VSNO
Date:

I have a weakness for sugar... I'm picky about sugar... but it doesn’t have to be expensive. I can find sugar that I like almost anywhere!!! Lol My challenge for you is to show me something sugar related on your project.

typos.

PLAYING ALONG!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 866 Posts

1. Hostess: McSchmidty (Shelly)
Keyword: JUN20VSNP
Date:Saturday June 27, 9 PM EST

One of the qualities of music is the tone- and when the tone starts out low and increasingly becomes louder, it is called Crescendo!!!

For this Crescendo challenge- try to make a water color panel that starts out light in tone and increasingly becomes darker. You can use many mediums to watercolor- Watercolors, Distress inks, reinkers, stamp pads, markers, etc....
-Do NOT to use colors that are complimentary next to each other, as they blend, they will turn to brown (Purple and yellow, Orange and Blue, Red and Green).
-To lighten a color, add more water drops, and for a darker color less water.
-You do NOT need watercolor paper to do this technique. Do not dry between colors unless you want the look of the lines of the color at the edges (called harsh lines in watercoloring).

For this Gallery for this challenge: HERE

Shelly Schmidt is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: My Meeting
Time: Jun 27, 2020 08:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) ( 9PM EST)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8632623669?pwd=WWZUK0J3c0NvSUpTelB6c05MUXArZz09

Meeting ID: 863 262 3669
Password: paint

typos.
5. Please do not combine challenges

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!

VSN Coordinator

Challenge Title: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: JUN20VSNQ
Date: Saturday June 27, 10 PM ET

View the Gallery for this challenge:
HERE

typos.