Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Can’t log in on PC

Hi -
A few days ago I was asked for my forum password several different times on my PC. I always check off remember me so was surprised but eventually it stopped asking.  ETA I had to request new log on details to log on, use a temporary password, and then change to a permanent one. 

When on my iPad, I didn’t need to log in again. (I use the iPad almost all of the time.)

Just now I was again asked to log in when on my PC and it won’t accept my password during three tries. No problems on the iPad, which I’m on now. I know my password and want to keep it. 

So I went through the same exercise: got a temporary password, logged on, changed to the real one.

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 05-07-2020 at 08:51 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Same thing just happened - this time with my iPad. Asked to log in, although I always heck the remember me box. It wouldn’t accept my password - the same password I’ve used for a long time, and the one I re-input on the PC today.

So I went though the process - got a temporary password, logged in with it, changed the password to the one I always use. I can’t forget it - use a weird but tried and true system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Still having problems. I'm usually on my iPad, but when I use my PC, despite checking off "remember me," I'm prompted to enter my password. That's fine, but it won't accept my password.

So I click that I forgot password, get an email that brings me to another page that says a temporary password will be mailed to me. When it arrives, I use the temporary password, log in, and change to my current password - the same password I've been using, nothing forgotten or typed incorrectly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Default Help?

Help please? Just got locked out again, had to request a temporary password, changed it to my regular password, etc. You have to got through several steps.

* The password has not changed and I keep getting randomly locked out.* 

But this morning before being locked out I was in the forum reading. I always check remember me (or whatever the phrase is).

The system will not accept my current password when it doesn’t recognize me. This is on a PC with Chrome and an iPad with Safari.

Because I just had to do this for the nth time on the iPad, probably when I go to the PC I’ll be locked out again and it again won’t accept the correct password. That’s what’s happened every time.

Here’s the thread below when this began. And thanks in advance!

Last edited by bjeans; 05-20-2020 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Just happened again on the iPad. Put in the correct password, was not accepted. Went through the multi-step process with two emails, changed the temp password to permanent one.

Also interesting is that when I get in using the temporary password, I’m brought to a page with a handful of supposedly unread messages - from 2019, which have been read.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2020, 09:03 AM   #6  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Unfortunately we have a bug that isn't letting people update their passwords. So you have to use the temporary one or I can give you a temporary one. So sorry about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Actually that makes me feel better because at least it’s a known issue! I wonder why it started locking me out. I hadn’t tried to update or change anything. Thanks, Lydia.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Lydia, since I'd never changed my password, do you know why it won't recognize me? I'm just leaving the site up on my iPad, but don't on the PC (which I'm on now) since I don't use it that often.

Also, it's an odd three step process to get back in - you get an email, click on a link, get to the website and click on a link. Then a second email is sent with a temporary password. You click on the link in that email, use the password. Then you change the password. I've never known a website that had that many steps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

S.O.S. please.

I had never changed my password. This is what happens:
- I’m on my ipad, and as long as I leave the website open can stay logged on.
- Then I go up to my PC and it shows I need to log on. I attempt to but it doesn’t recognize me. I go through the 4-step (!!!) process to get a temporary password and put in my regular password and I’m in.

- But when I go back down to my iPad, I’m logged out (because I was on the PC) and have to again go through the process to get a temp password and create my regular password again.

Is there any workaround? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 11:38 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I can't help, because I don't know any of the backroom stuff. But I'm just surprised that you can't be logged in on more than one device. I know I regularly am. Would it make any difference if you used a different browser on one of them? It shouldn't, because you should be able to stay logged in in the same browser across multiple devices, but it might be worth trying in case it did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Sabrina, I always have been able to be logged onto 1, 2 or 3 (rarely!) devices, and go back and forth between them. My norm is to close the website down when I leave, and the forum “remembers” me when I reopen it, regardless of whether it’s the iPad or PC. 

This is brand new. Lydia said there’s a glitch, but going through a 4-step (or is it 5 :shock process every single time is getting a little grating, though admittedly it’s a first world aka puny problem, given the big problems going on these days.

I’m just hoping there’s some magic...

Thank you!

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Sabrina, I always have been able to be logged onto 1, 2 or 3 (rarely!) devices, and go back and forth between them. My norm is to close the website down when I leave, and the forum “remembers” me when I reopen it, regardless of whether it’s the iPad or PC. 
This is brand new. Lydia said there’s a glitch, but going through a 4-step (or is it 5 :shock process every single time is getting a little grating, though admittedly it’s a first world aka puny problem, given the big problems going on these days.
I’m just hoping there’s some magic...
Thank you!
Beth
So if you're getting a new password on one device, you will be logged out on the other device. The password is the same on both.

You cannot change your own password right now because of our very frustrating bug.

You will need to use the same temporary password on both devices.

If you log in with the correct password on any device and are being forced to log in on every page, it's because your browser or device is set to refuse cookies on our site - your login info is contained in a cookie.

Check those settings as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
So if you're getting a new password on one device, you will be logged out on the other device. The password is the same on both.

You cannot change your own password right now because of our very frustrating bug.

You will need to use the same temporary password on both devices.

If you log in with the correct password on any device and are being forced to log in on every page, it's because your browser or device is set to refuse cookies on our site - your login info is contained in a cookie.

Check those settings as well.
Oh, no, I’m not having to log in on every page.

Is there a way around it? When I’m given a temp password on the PC, once I log on with it, I’m supposed to create a permanent one - which I understand won’t take.

So if I don’t create a permanent one (which is always the same one), can I log onto the PC with the temp one, then go downstairs and log onto the PC with the same one?

But even if so, I assume the temporary one only lasts for a certain time, and more importantly, it won’t let me pass the log on page without creating a password.

I never changed my password. Just one day this started. So nothing to do but wait for a fix? If so, any sense of timeframe?

Oh - I could bring my iPad upstairs to my craft room and just never long on to the PC. I just sometimes like the bigger screen - eyes aren’t great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #14  

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post

So if I don’t create a permanent one (which is always the same one), can I log onto the PC with the temp one, then go downstairs and log onto the PC with the same one?
Yes - on any device, that will be the password you will use.

Quote:

But even if so, I assume the temporary one only lasts for a certain time, and more importantly, it won’t let me pass the log on page without creating a password.
No - it doesn't expire - it will last until you're able to change it again.

Quote:

I never changed my password. Just one day this started. So nothing to do but wait for a fix? If so, any sense of timeframe?

Oh - I could bring my iPad upstairs to my craft room and just never long on to the PC. I just sometimes like the bigger screen - eyes aren’t great.
It just means you typed in the wrong password somewhere along the lines.

And I feel you - I'm blind as a bat. I hate doing anything on my phone or anything with a touch screen LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Yes - on any device, that will be the password you will use.
No - it doesn't expire - it will last until you're able to change it again.
It just means you typed in the wrong password somewhere along the lines.

And I feel you - I'm blind as a bat. I hate doing anything on my phone or anything with a touch screen LOL
Yes! I use a separate “normal” keyboard even with my ipad 99% of the time.

But Lydia, here’s the thing: I hadn’t typed in any password, right or wrong, for months and months, because “remember me” was checked. (Or whatever that box is called.)

Just one day it stopped remembering me.

I don’t think I can get into the site using the same temp password on the iPad and PC. After using it, the system prompts to set a new password. I can’t pass go without doing that - and always use the same password. But entering it on one device boots me out of other one. 

Any idea of when the saved password glitch might be fixed? And I assume there’s no magic password that would work until then. Asking for a fiend. ;)

Last edited by bjeans; 06-01-2020 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: bad fingers and brain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

See post above with two fascinating questions...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2020, 06:56 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Yoo-hoo?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #18  

No - we don't have a date for the fix - we are working on it! I only saw one question, but everything around passwords is broken right now.
Reply With Quote Likes