View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
Breila_Cards
Rubber Obsessor

Default Been absent a few years

It's been a good couple of years and I am struggling to get back into card making. I always loved it, but I had a confidence knock and now I just sit at my table and stare. And I don't know how to get past it.

So I have mental health issues, and am physically disabled. My physical health got worse which didn't help, but a couple of years ago, I was trying to sell some cards and asked for feedback. Somebody said, and then got backed up by a few people, that there was no point in buying cards and jewellery off me when they can just go to places like Moonpig or primark (Primark for those who don't know it, is a very cheap clothes store, the jewellery is kinda hideous, and will ALWAYS turn your skin green).

This comment, and the number of people who agreed with her stopped me in my tracks, I have major self confidence issues. And I know these people are not the sort of people who are interested in handmade items, but every time I sit down to try and make cards I can see that comment.

I honestly don't know how to get past it. I know people like my cards, I know people who want to buy them, but that one negative comment has stopped me in my tracks so badly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!