View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking VSBN20MayF - Welcome to Jayne's House

TITLE: Welcome to Jayne's House 
Keyword: VSBN20MayF
Date: May 5, 2020
Challenge #3 .... hostess Jayne (scs Ozpom)

Welcome to Jayne's House

G’Day my scrappy mates. Welcome to ‘Straya as we locals say. It’s also known as Down Under, The Lucky Country or Oz. We abbreviate a lot as we like efficiency or maybe we are just pure lazy. Here are some facts about ‘Straya:

Founded in 1788 when the Poms (British “Prisoners of Mother England”) sent their convicts here it is the largest country in Oceania and the world’s 6th largest country by total area. If you drove from Perth in the West to Brisbane in the East you would need to cross a desert and it would be similar to driving from Madrid to Moscow.

You can fly from Perth to Melbourne faster than you can fly from one end of Western Australia (WA) to the other. WA makes up 1/3 of ‘Straya’s size. I live in the city of Perth in the West and we are known as Sandgropers. Each State has their own unique name for their citizens. WA is also known as the State to “Wait Awhile”. It is also the most isolated city in the world, and the sunniest capital city in the world with an average of 8 hours of sun per day, year-round. Perth became known as the City of Lights when John Glenn saw the lights from space.

When I think of Oz, I think of brown land, blue skies and lots of beaches. It would take around 29 years to visit one new Aussie beach every day. There are 10,685 of them! Four out of 5 Aussies live less than 50km from the coast.

CHALLENGE #2: 

Find inspiration for your page/s from either: 

A song about sunshine, the beach or using sunburnt country colours.  Bonus if you add coral or things found in the ocean.

Landscapes…..e.g. a memory of snow and snow capped mountains, a holiday in a tropical area or rain forest, a memory of mountain ranges or a desert, or items from any of these regions that work with your LO

Welcome to my Staycation! I hope you'll play along.
Don't forget .... KEY WORD VSBN20MayF

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS: 
1. Please remember to put in the correct KEYWORD VSBN20MayF when uploading your image; a wrong keyword means your submission may not be seen by everyone. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos. 
2. It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen by the host and all visitors. 
3. You have until May 30 to submit layouts for Recognition

Last edited by Lmn; 05-06-2020 at 05:43 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!