View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #19
Indigo Blue
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavejumper View Post
ah...I saw the desk and thought you were putting one in the closet-people have done that. You are just addressing the understorage in that unit. Sorry.

I often find what I think in my head will work actually does not. Technically, I can fit it, but it is SO unpleasant to be around or try to work with that I have to back off. There is this desire to pack as much in as you can over time as you accumulate more.
No worries. I realized after reading you previous comment that my post might have looked like I WAS going to spend a lot of time in there! Haha!

I get that what looks good on paper does not always translate to a comfortable experience. I've been dealing with small spaces for years, so I have a bit of experience with this. In fact, my current home office and crafting area is currently IN MY BEDROOM. Yeesh. It's a room FULL of furniture, but I manged to find the most feng shui arrangement, and in a short amount of time, too. It looks a little weird, but it's very cozy.

Anways, I've now measured the closet six ways to Sunday. I'm actually many inches BELOW the maximum allowed space restrictions on the storage wall. My clothes are currently hanging on the wall in my mockups, and said clothes extend 20 inches into the main closet area (which is a whopping 54 inches wide). The furniture in my latest mockup extends less then 15 inches. So it will actually feel more airy. And hanging my clothes on the back wall will actually make that wall look less congested than it is now and this will help as well.

When I say this will end up being a pleasant (though perhaps odd) arrangement, I've done my homework.

Not to mention, next time I move, I'll have lots of furniture right from the get-go.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!