Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2020, 10:36 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Moonlight Duo Tint & Hue Ink Pads

Anyone use the Moonlight Duo ink pads? I just learned about them today. I have never heard of a hybrid ink before. What can you tell me, please?

Thank you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I've heard of hybrid inks, but not this particular line. I watched the video about them and kind of don't see the point. I have an opaque white ink pad and so I'm thinking that I could just use that as the "tint" she refers to and my existing colored inks as the "hue". Maybe I'm just overly frugal, though...? I have too many options as it is, lol. Thanks for introducing something new to the conversations here regarding inks, though!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2020, 03:40 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

ladyinblack1964, Kevin Nakagawa of Stampscapes has recently started using these pads. If you want to see how they work, this http:// is his first video using them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 04:26 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

They're Kae Pea's inks at Rubbermoon.com. She’s a professional artist and teacher and just a delightful person with a generous heart. I’ve been lucky enough to take a few of her unusual workshops when she’s traveled. Her products are high quality (great quirky stamps and arty supplies), and the inks let one create gradients and subtleties, while keeping the white contaminated by only one color - and it’s easily wiped off.

I tried one pad - I think they had just come out when she was visiting - and inking a stamp with both sides of the pad gave a neat gradient look. The pads were scooped up by classmates when I was doing who know what, but I’d planned to buy a few - and forgot. So thanks for re-enabling me?

Here’s Kae Pea's short video:
https://rubbermoon.com/products/moon...ssorted-colors
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 06:50 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kae Pea's is the video that I watched. I guess maybe the fact that I don't play around with techniques that much (although I'm starting to lean in a bit) figures into my choice to not add more "stuff" to the stash. Most likely if I watched more videos to see what all you could do with them, I'd be more likely to want them. I'm trying to figure out multiple ways to use what I already have instead. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 07:09 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Sue, to my [admittedly odd] mind, it’s a quietly different way of stamping rather than a technique. When wanting a looser or sketchy look for images on cards or when making patterned paper, applying a color with white can give that, of course, and if using KP’s pads, only one color affects the white. 

And sometimes I don’t want a multiple colors, just one (or two), so then the added white gives tints/different values, again only affecting that one color’s white. 

I’d done it with Unicorn but removing the ink was annoying, and if using more than one color, annoying times 2 or 3. With KP’s inks, it isn’t critical to remove all the ink. 

But if gradation/tinting colors (aka using white) isn’t one’s jam, there’d be no need. 

For me - what’s that old 70’s song? Enabled Again (Naturally)? ;)
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Thinking more and correcting myself, I guess it is a technique - a stamping technique. When I think “technique” it’s about stamping combined with something that tutorials and how-tos are about, from embossing powder to shaving cream (never done!) to alcohol inks, etc.

But stamping itself is a technique, right? So I’m wrong. (Please don’t make me think any more today, thank you.) 

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah Beth, you always make me smile! Yes, to me anything beyond "regular" stamping is a technique, lol. I totally hear you on the contamination issue and, if I thought this was something I'd do a lot of, I'd definitely invest in Kae Pea's inks. Like I said, more videos and pondering before I get enabled enough. Ironic (or just coincidence?) that you chose that particular 70's song in light of our current "isolationism"...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

When you think about it, stamping on its own is a technique. :shock:

Good catch and total coincidence about the song, though it belongs in Quarantunes! Maybe it’s there already - I haven’t listened to every song.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you all--just checking back now. I was curious about the ink because I'm taking an online class with Nathalie Kalbach, and some of her classes include these on the supply lists.
<style></style>
Reply With Quote Likes