View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #7
wavejumper
Proud Fan Club Member

Try shaking up the powders. Sometimes they separate- the color from the binder. If that does not work then I might think they expired.

Starting out-I really like the Ranger super fine powders. Honestly, I would get all my powders in that if I could. Most versatile esp for sentiments imho.

I agree about the clear and not having to have a lot of colors...plus you can do other things with it like nice resists. So I would start with that.

I also have many of Rangers regular colors (wndy vecchi has nice shades) and those are nice. Wow has a wide color spectrum too.

In the fun category:
Ranger brick
Verdigris-several companies.
Wow ultra high (extra thick) in gold and silver
Mixed colors-Judikins metallic Bronze (really two metals) Hero Sand, Wow Queen of Hearts and One hundred and one both look like stone; Andy skinner cosmic shimmer mixed media line-satin sunset and granite...Ranger speckle flurries: on white looks like pale stone on black look like snow.

Seth aptner just released a bunch that look like fun. You multi emboss them and get a high relief with interesting looks

I think Brutus monroe has a glow in the dark and his sterling is a nice bright silver. His white (alabaster) covers dark paper well and the penny is a nice copper shade.

I am not a fan of glitter EP but a lot of people like them.

I am so sad that Sparkle and Sprinkle closed...they had a huge range and lots of cool ones.

So far the only one I have found with a good tan is Ranger. If anyone knows others, I would be interested.

In doing swatching I have discovered a number of powders look very different-many cool-on black paper. They might change color-look clear on white but blueish on black...

I dont know that gun but if you are burning the paper it is definitely too hot. Try holding farther away from the paper and keep moving the gun. There is such a thing as over heating EPs as well and that could be happening. Once it melts move away. You can always come back.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!