View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #6
Katchoo1
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa May View Post
I'm also a fan of Stampendous embossing powder. Mine perform like detail powder, but they were called Pearl Embossing Powders when I bought them about 15 years ago. They're still working beautifully. I've read that embossing powders do get old but I've never had them go bad so I wonder if it varies. Have you tried with different powder types or brands?

I think before I go on a wild spree and dump all of the powders I should have a session where I methodically go thru and see if any of them seem to be working right. Then get one new powder and see if I can make it work properly with my new heat tool. That way I’ll eliminate either aged powder or the heat gun as the source of the problem and will be able to go from there without wasting supplies or money.

If I do have to replace everything, it looks like Stampendous has a very good set of the basics (regular and detail versions of clear, black, white, and the common metallics) that will be a good place to start. That would replace 2/3 of my collection right there, then I’ll just need to fill in a few like copper and verdigris...

Thanks for the advice!

Colleen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!