Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My husband used to laugh at me........

for having all these "pretend" friends here on SCS.

Weeeeeelllllll.........now that we are stuck in the house......

LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!!

SCS is keeping me sane right now!!

Last edited by squirrellyshirley; 03-21-2020 at 09:23 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 02:06 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Yup, SCS is the best!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

heh heh heh....there isnt any sports really for the guys to be watching....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 06:32 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

True story: With the exception of less than a handful, ALL of my friends live here...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
heh heh heh....there isnt any sports really for the guys to be watching....

I put the tv on yesterday for the music channel for the dog before I went out. Channel was on CBS and as I was changing to the music station I saw basket ball. I'm thinking what the heck, so I go back to CBS. They were airing College Basketball from 1982:o for 5 more hours:o

I'm like Seriously??1982??? who the heck is going to watch that. Guess CBS could not run a movie marathon or a CBS tv series marathon. Guess everyone is streaming movies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah - my husband was watching a slam-dunk competition yesterday that was from when LeBron James was still a senior in high school (2003). I guess they get as addicted to their stuff as we do - I know I still like a lot of things from that far back!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2020, 10:37 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

New York Met has released several decades of Opera for your viewing pleasure if you want to all drown out basketball. What a comfort for Kobe Byrant fans to be able to watch some of his famed games.

Kindle Unlimited is giving away two free months. You can't be a current subscriber. You can be a former or new subscriber. I just got two more months free.

DH & I have started watching The Office. Yes, I know. I am one of the only five people in the USA that has not seen it. I do love Steve Carrell. Don't know why DH & I never watched it. We think it's so funny. We can't stop laughing. I just finished watching all seasons of Mozart in the Jungle.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I’m a big baseball fan and MLB is replaying all games from the 2019 season. I don’t mind that a bit. Especially since “we” were 19-31 and didn’t have one iota of a chance. Until we did. {Go Nats!}

Last edited by bjeans; 03-23-2020 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH my goshhh, tu for the laugh so needed here! My hubby has said the same thing, but for pretend friends you all are incredible! kind, happy to help and such a needed lifeline.

Coming here reminds me (especially now) that I need to just relax, and create and actually gives me a reason to create instead of trying to solve everything. That is where my fur brain always wants to go first. LOL
Love you all pretend people! My imaginary friends LOLOLOLOL

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Keep close to nature's heart ...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
God never made an ugly landscape. John Muir

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you have IMDB see Corner Gas, it's hilarious.

We have revisited the old Hercule Poirot series, which always has humor despite solving a crime. And the buildings and costumes oh myyyy

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.

My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

LOL - my DH is suffering from sports withdrawal symptoms too - and we don't even have TV, it's usually just a case of catching up with reading reports on the BBC website so he has no substitute.

I love those Poirot films. Yes on the costumes and sets, and those old period houses! If you want more great costumes, look for the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries, an Australian series. David Suchet played the baddy in Terry Pratchett's Going Postal and he was brilliant in it.

We watched the original Blues Brothers the other night and watched the whole thing in one sitting, rare for us. Good escapism, great music. Last time I borrowed it from the library it was too scratched to play in my PC, so I tried again with inter-library borrowing and got a better copy. Second last thing I collected before the libraries all closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2020, 01:16 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

YEP!!

For years, ever since I really got involved with the "challenge chasers" here, my husband has referred to my "Imaginary Friends" from SCS. ;)

I have been blessed to meet some in person, but most are still "virtual" yet oh so real!
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2020, 03:33 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was laughing at "pretend" friends. I am already liking here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so happy to have SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2020, 09:06 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess men- or other women for that matter- who aren't part of any forums just don't 'get' it. I have many friends on here, and in Blogland. And I appreciate every single one,whether we speak regularly, or just once a year! Many in blogland I've been fortunate enough to meet! Those that aren't a part of this type of community, really don't know just how close and supportive these friendships can be. It's not just that we all have the same hobbies- often we don't- we get to know people over a few years, so hear about their families and lives too, not just what they've made. We can be a shoulder to cry on, part of a support system,and always ready to laugh when someone does something silly- because we ALL do something silly now & again, and can laugh at ourselves, knowing full well others will be laughing alongside us. Stay safe everyone, we'll get through this. Something I saw on FB to make you smile.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sabrina, I loved Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries! oh the costumes! I also like Dr Blake mysteries too.
I will have to look on YOutube for the other David Suchet series, thank you!
Loved the BLues Brothers, one of our favorites! I was watching "The thin Blue Line the other day with Rowan Atkinson, a good oldie. One morning I was having my coffee and found they were playing MOnty Python's " And now for something completely Different" great way to start the day. The good ole Dead Parrot Sketch and The Lumberjack Song. oh my goshhh
Please share some more Brit comedies, I may not have seen, so much is on Youtube. I seem to remember one called " Sandy"? OH, what about " One foot in the Grave"? NO one has a bad a day as Victor Muldrew. LOLOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 06:11 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by buegradingView Post
Welcome to Splitcoast! I've been here a while and tend to be a bit wordy, lol. If you think you like it now... As the infomercials say, "But wait! There's more!"

Last edited by gregzgurl; 03-25-2020 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: correct a typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Heart WELCOME!

Quote:

WELCOME to SCS!!! ;)<3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 08:21 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Welcome aboard! Very fun group-and talented to boot!

Python...one of my fav movies of all time...Holy Grail. I remember when I first saw it in a theater-I didnt stop laughing. The coconut shell riders....LOL...I'm not dead yet....very silly. I never liked physical comedy like the 3 Stooges but I love Python.

Mystery series-I cant stand when they make the women these dramatic creatures like in

DH and I both love the Fischer mysteries-there is a new series now with her niece b/c our Phyrne (sp) is missing....cant find that yet...we both loved period pieces. I was surprised actually how much he liked Fischer-I used to tease him his Gf was on.

I have Amazon prime (got tricked into it) and I decided to pay the 5.99 a month for CBS all access as I can now see all the new Star Trek shows. I am catching up first on the three years of Discovery....then the new Picard....I did not think I would like watching on my laptop (I cant stream yet) but it works.

You can also pay for Acorn...which is the home for many Brit etc murder series and drama series and of course comedy...

Ones I would recommend:
#1 Ladies Detective Agency series about a female in South Africa. Warn you now...the series was cut off but what there is was good.

A Touch of Frost

Brokenwood Mysteries-set in Australia current

Cadfeal...fun one about a priest in medieval times

Father Brown is a current priest one

Foyle's War...was def DHs favorite. Set in WWII England and speaks to a lot of stuff going on. Very well written-not bang bang shoot em up.

Inspector Alleyn

Inspector Morse
Which spun into Inspector Lewis
And then the current Morse when he was young

Inspector Lynley

Kavanaugh QC

Another hugely popular one in this house Midsomer Murders-they kill off a lot of people and never the same way twice which gets creative over time.

Murdoch Mysteries....We loved this bc it was very clever-set around 1900 Canada so a lot of methodology just coming in like "finger marks" and he meets a lot of historical characters. I think it is called something else in Canada.

New Tricks...I think DH took this one personally-a group of retired cops brought back together to solve "cold cases" and while they all have their "issues" they are very successful at it. Proving that seniors are still valuable.

One of MY favorites...Rosemary and Thyme-a pair of women gardeners keep falling into murders and solving them.

Love Porirot and Miss Marple of course

Shetland

Garrows Law based on the true life of Garrow who introduced the idea of innocent until proven guilty to the system.

Rumpole of the Bailey...old timer and you can tell but it is not bad.

There are period drama series I could recommend too if people are interested.

For the kids-I tripped over this a few years back and liked it even as an adult. Old cartoon series called Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers...one of them is very patterned off of Clint Eastwood lol. Catchy theme song. I think preteens will like it. Drawing is advanced.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rarely post but regularly read everyone else's, and I am grateful for my "pretend" friends, especially during this time. I have learned a lot, and not just about stamping. I feel the support. And it feels good to laugh out loud.
Ingrid
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

WELCOME, StampnRose!!! ;)<3

We like the old Detective shows, but mostly the old Cow Boy shows! Sometimes, I think I was born in the wrong era! But, to be honest, NAH!!! There are certain luxuries I wouldn't want to do without! LOL;)<3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG My DH is watching every race - stock car, Indy, drag, dirt track, IMSA, Anything that goes fast. He drove pro stock dragster in the late 60's and hasn't outgrown it yet. But he loves it and has some amazing stories about the guys he net then.

As for me, I LOVE spending time with my invisible friends here on SCS. I read The Weekly Inkling from "cover to cover". I do some of the challenges, if I have stamps that will work for the challenge. I love doing the birthday cards. Sometimes I just open something new on SCS to see what it's all about. I'm thinking about looking over all the tutorials one of these very long days.

I don't really watch much TV now that Homicide Hunter -Lt. Joe Kenda is all reruns. I've seen most of them at least twice. I love Father Brown, Are you Being Served. I liked Fawlty Towers when it was on. My DH does not appreciate Brit humor. He is too serious for his own good. I have Downton Abbey all episodes on CD and have watched all but the last 2 seasons. I have plenty of time now. So what if dinner's not ready until 7:30 or 8:00!?!

Kathy's Knook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

I like Father Brown, but I loved the books and only some of the first series bore any resemblance to the original stories. I guess they needed the extra characters for more interest. Cadfael and Inspector Alleyn, I knew both those as books first too, not sure I've seen any of the Alleyn but I remember when Cadfael came out on BBC, my mother and I watched it together. I've enjoyed Murdoch, I like his character. Definitely on the autism spectrum, don't you think? I like the historical background, too.
Also enjoyed Doctor Blake and wished there were more. Gosh, for someone who relies entirely on DVDs from the library I seem to have watched a lot!!

Roger Allam, who plays Fred Thursday in Endeavour, was in a BBC radio sit-com (Cabin Pressure) about a tiny airplane charter company with one plane. Benedict Cumberbatch was in it too, before he got really famous, they were the two pilots. I bought the entire series on CD and it still makes me laugh to the point of tears. Probably time to listen again!

I didn't realise that the Number One Ladies Detective Agency had ever made it to screen. I'm not really surprised it didn't take off, though, if it bore any resemblance to the books. I like them better than any of McCall Smith's other series which I don't keep up with (going to try his take on Scandi-noir, though). Two of the ladies I work with are from South Africa/what was Rhodesia; they both enjoy the books and we share them round between us, but they say they find most of their friends here don't like them.Too gentle, too slow-paced for many. DH enjoyed the earlier ones but when Grace Makutsi became a more prominent character he gave up, he didn't like her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Welcome aboard! Very fun group-and talented to boot!

Python...one of my fav movies of all time...Holy Grail. I remember when I first saw it in a theater-I didnt stop laughing. The coconut shell riders....LOL...I'm not dead yet....very silly. I never liked physical comedy like the 3 Stooges but I love Python.

Mystery series-I cant stand when they make the women these dramatic creatures like in

DH and I both love the Fischer mysteries-there is a new series now with her niece b/c our Phyrne (sp) is missing....cant find that yet...we both loved period pieces. I was surprised actually how much he liked Fischer-I used to tease him his Gf was on.

I have Amazon prime (got tricked into it) and I decided to pay the 5.99 a month for CBS all access as I can now see all the new Star Trek shows. I am catching up first on the three years of Discovery....then the new Picard....I did not think I would like watching on my laptop (I cant stream yet) but it works.

You can also pay for Acorn...which is the home for many Brit etc murder series and drama series and of course comedy...

Ones I would recommend:
#1 Ladies Detective Agency series about a female in South Africa. Warn you now...the series was cut off but what there is was good.

A Touch of Frost

Brokenwood Mysteries-set in Australia current

Cadfeal...fun one about a priest in medieval times

Father Brown is a current priest one

Foyle's War...was def DHs favorite. Set in WWII England and speaks to a lot of stuff going on. Very well written-not bang bang shoot em up.

Inspector Alleyn

Inspector Morse
Which spun into Inspector Lewis
And then the current Morse when he was young

Inspector Lynley

Kavanaugh QC

Another hugely popular one in this house Midsomer Murders-they kill off a lot of people and never the same way twice which gets creative over time.

Murdoch Mysteries....We loved this bc it was very clever-set around 1900 Canada so a lot of methodology just coming in like "finger marks" and he meets a lot of historical characters. I think it is called something else in Canada.

New Tricks...I think DH took this one personally-a group of retired cops brought back together to solve "cold cases" and while they all have their "issues" they are very successful at it. Proving that seniors are still valuable.

One of MY favorites...Rosemary and Thyme-a pair of women gardeners keep falling into murders and solving them.

Love Porirot and Miss Marple of course

Shetland

Garrows Law based on the true life of Garrow who introduced the idea of innocent until proven guilty to the system.

Rumpole of the Bailey...old timer and you can tell but it is not bad.

There are period drama series I could recommend too if people are interested.

For the kids-I tripped over this a few years back and liked it even as an adult. Old cartoon series called Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers...one of them is very patterned off of Clint Eastwood lol. Catchy theme song. I think preteens will like it. Drawing is advanced.
I went on netflix last night to start watching this show again I think I was in season 4. But netflix took this show off their lineup in Oct 2019. I had to google it. I'm so up set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #25  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

When I need a laugh I watch The Whole Nine Yards. “Stop drinking we have to drive to Mexico, you’ll get an IUD!” And The Whole Ten Yards, Bruce Willis and the chickens!
I have been busy sewing masks to donate for the medical community. Glad to be able to see the gallery just to see pretty images and creativity!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2020, 12:49 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

And we like you right back!
Reply With Quote Likes