View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #1476
kazeka
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapat View Post
Karen, I had to laugh- it's my worst allergy season (the trees are in bud), and I'm dribbling and sneezing. I finally HAD to go to the grocery store, so I made sure to take a 12 hour allergy pill and give it time to work before I went. I just knew people would be glaring at me for being "sick"
I've been thinking about surgical gloves- they'd keep my hands from touching anything germy, and best of all, would remind me NOT to touch my face, eyes and nose! I could peel 'em off when I get back in my car.
I'm taking allergy pills and using two different inhalers but argh...not much difference. The sneezing is bad enough but my asthma means that I cough and wheeze...so I can imagine how that would go down at the grocery store! I send my husband instead, and let him worry about all the germs on surfaces. I read somewhere that the inexpensive masks don't do anything to filter out viruses but are a good way to prevent yourself from touching surfaces and then your nose and mouth. Gloves would do the same. Strange times we're living in, but maybe we'll develop a few good health habits that carry over after it's over.
Karen
Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!