View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #45
bjeans
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavejumper View Post
Thanks Sue for that link. I saved and printed it. Interesting. One might think a higher concentration would work better but apparently not for sanitizing.

Ok so personally I think if you want to make cells...it is sharper with alcohol. (when you drop it and it creates circles/blobs) This may vary with strength of alcohol? I have not tried it yet.
That was a good vid too about the difference. I wish she had done multi colors with the alcohol and not just the solution. I have the sense that the blender blends smoother so to speak but that also lightens the color. Alcohol will drip but not become smoothed out if that makes sense.

As to what is in it-at Creativation this year TH said no no to spraying blender or having your face close to it. Which is why he came out with a puffer. I already had a rocket style one-but you should know if you are going to make several pieces it could be a lot of squeezing and might tire the hand. On the other hand (see what I did there?) you could have a handshake of iron "Gosh Joe your wife has some grip there!" LOL

What I never understood is why people cut their straws down to 4 inches to blow it around. I keep it full length and my face away from it. You are not working that much harder. Having the little fan there is even better.

Sabrina maybe Scotland has high booze (to differentiate) tariffs to protect your scotch whiskey industry?

Yes-the alloys need to be bound to the paper with either blender or alcohol ink. (or straight alcohol? I dont know that one)

Dont even get me started on the running of the bulls at the stores. So crazy. I am hoping in 10 days when everybody has toilet paper up the ceiling it will calm down again. If this blows over faster than expected we may see the Great TPing of America with people throwing rolls over everything in celebration.

Speaking of-Sandy Allnock did a technique today with TP and I thought oh no no...it is too hard to get right now for me to be playing with it.

That is funny about your dog in the store. Did you DH laugh?

Re peroxide-it is a great stain lifter, esp for blood if you cut yourself. Breaks up the proteins if you get it on there fast.

It is also an ingredient for DIY sanitizer in addition to the alcohol. Look it up on Wired-a sub of the NY Times.

Tim pointed out alcohol would not work for Alloys - only Blending Solution or alcohol ink. I had thought you had posted you had tried Alloys with alcohol and it rubbed off, but maybe it was someone else.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!