Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Do you scrapbook as much as you used to?

I'm finding that since my kids are now 19 and 24, I'm not scrapping as much as I used to. But it's more fun. Now I scrapbook what I WANT to, not what I feel I HAVE to. Now that they are both pretty much grown, if they want to document their stories, it's up to them. I still add to their birthday books, because I promised that I would - and I enjoy it. But the Family Album is up to them to maintain. Now the layouts I create go into MY albums. They'll get those anyway when I'm no longer here.

I'm having so much more fun now, not that I didn't enjoy scrapbooking before. I've also let go of Project Life, which is a huge burden off my shoulders. I went from monthly to bi-monthly to seasonally. Now I just add layouts when I want to, and they're going into my albums.

Who's next?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wont say that I have scrapped it all. But all I want to do anyway. I have moved on past card making and into off the page stuff. Like mixed media.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

This is a question I've been mulling myself lately. For some odd reason, (actually, I do know, its when my divorce was final back in 2006), I stopped scrapping and my mojo was gone. But I never got rid of my stuff, just packed it away.

Fast forward to 2019 and my boys are both adults now and I still have many photos.

For fun, I recently picked up a couple of Scrapbook.com's private label albums when they had a sale and used some pages I had...very similar to Project Life ones. I found out I just LOVE having the freedom to scrap what I want and no longer in order like I did when the kids were younger. It used to feel so stressful, but I just loosely map out what I want to do, add them in and rearrange if I want to. I find I am loving scrapbooking again...for after all, wasn't that the point? To preserve your memories for your family to love all over again... I'm really interested to hear how others feel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2019, 02:36 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I've been scrapping' like a maniac since March, putting aside big card projects for a while. I'm playing catch-up and working 2016, which is turning out to be two big albums. I need to figure out a balance between card making for my SU! "business") and scrapbooking (for me). My kids are older and far away but I still take LOTS of photos and will always have pages to work on.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I'm finding that since my kids are now 19 and 24, I'm not scrapping as much as I used to. But it's more fun. Now I scrapbook what I WANT to, not what I feel I HAVE to. Now that they are both pretty much grown, if they want to document their stories, it's up to them. I still add to their birthday books, because I promised that I would - and I enjoy it. But the Family Album is up to them to maintain. Now the layouts I create go into MY albums. They'll get those anyway when I'm no longer here.

I'm having so much more fun now, not that I didn't enjoy scrapbooking before. I've also let go of Project Life, which is a huge burden off my shoulders. I went from monthly to bi-monthly to seasonally. Now I just add layouts when I want to, and they're going into my albums.

Who's next?

I've found that I stopped scrapping nearly entirely now that my kids are grown and have their own families. Seems like I rarely take photos, and everyone has their photos on cell phones and don't even print them out anymore. I wish I could get motivated to scrap my old photos...or at least finish the layouts that I started years ago...sigh.

I'm wondering why you found PL to be a burden? I've actually been wondering if using the PL format will motivate me to scrap those old photos without as much pressure to make my layouts fancy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2019, 10:10 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepperannView Post
This is a question I've been mulling myself lately. For some odd reason, (actually, I do know, its when my divorce was final back in 2006), I stopped scrapping and my mojo was gone. But I never got rid of my stuff, just packed it away.

Fast forward to 2019 and my boys are both adults now and I still have many photos.

For fun, I recently picked up a couple of Scrapbook.com's private label albums when they had a sale and used some pages I had...very similar to Project Life ones. I found out I just LOVE having the freedom to scrap what I want and no longer in order like I did when the kids were younger. It used to feel so stressful, but I just loosely map out what I want to do, add them in and rearrange if I want to. I find I am loving scrapbooking again...for after all, wasn't that the point? To preserve your memories for your family to love all over again... I'm really interested to hear how others feel.

I too have SO many old photos that need to be scrapped, but I've just stalled. I have shelves full of albums that are partially filled...and layouts that are nearly finished but still lack titles or journaling. I used to love scrapping, but over the years I think I got overwhelmed with all the different techniques and styles out there...and with all of the products. Multi-photo layouts are my favorite, and I don't like a lot of bulky embellishments on layouts, so you would think I'd just go ahead and finish them. I even go away with scrapbooking friends every January for 4 days and they scrap the entire time. That last three years I've worked on cards or just wasted the day organizing my supplies and old photos...not very satisfying.

Just wondering how others have re-started their scrapping mojo?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2019, 03:00 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
I've found that I stopped scrapping nearly entirely now that my kids are grown and have their own families. Seems like I rarely take photos, and everyone has their photos on cell phones and don't even print them out anymore. I wish I could get motivated to scrap my old photos...or at least finish the layouts that I started years ago...sigh.

I'm wondering why you found PL to be a burden? I've actually been wondering if using the PL format will motivate me to scrap those old photos without as much pressure to make my layouts fancy.
I found it to be a burden because I felt as if I HAD to do it. Now if I WANT to scrapbook something, I do. No pressure and more fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I found it to be a burden because I felt as if I HAD to do it. Now if I WANT to scrapbook something, I do. No pressure and more fun.

Oh, okay...I get it. I was worried that the PL style was a pain by itself and that I would have problems using the page protectors. My husband used to suggest that I try to sell my cards and crafts at craft fairs etc, back when I did a lot of crafting and sewing. I explained to him that I already had a job (we ran a business for 25 years) and the crafting was my fun time. Turning it into a business would take all the fun away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
I've been scrapping' like a maniac since March, putting aside big card projects for a while. I'm playing catch-up and working 2016, which is turning out to be two big albums. I need to figure out a balance between card making for my SU! "business") and scrapbooking (for me). My kids are older and far away but I still take LOTS of photos and will always have pages to work on.
Mary Beth

That's wonderful that you still take a lot of photos! Most of the old photos that I have are from the 1970's and 1980's and 90's so the quality is sometimes poor. I don't have the time or desire to scan and re-print all of them, and the original negatives are either gone or also poor quality. That might be part of the problem I'm not excited to scrap them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Interesting thread. I took a hiatus from scrapbooking when I could no longer find Creative Memories albums because that was what all my others were and I didn't want to make a change plus that time co-insided with many life changes for us. Since I came across this site and started making cards I found a group on here that really supports one another and has given me rejuvenation to scrap again. I started back and found Creative Memories was also back, so could get those same albums again. So it has been a win-win! My kids are also now college grads and I feel like I can own my own time. I still think chronologically because...I don't know...I just do. But, now I have an album that I work on that is the current year and also one that I work on that is where I really am in my timeline history (2009) and I just go back and forth between the two. It has been fun this way for me because I can see so much change in that 10 years, but still feel like some things were just yesterday and enjoy walking down memory lane.
If you are interested in the group you will find them on the main page under Scrapbook Goals. You basically make a goal for yourself for the month and see if you can reach it. Post your layouts if you want or not if you don't. Check in when you can and they have challenges each month for those that want some structure. It's very fun, and I have certainly grown in my style and tried many new things because of these ladies. Would love to have you all check it out. It is also very helpful when the mojo fades!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShirleysgirlView Post
Interesting thread. I took a hiatus from scrapbooking when I could no longer find Creative Memories albums because that was what all my others were and I didn't want to make a change plus that time co-insided with many life changes for us. Since I came across this site and started making cards I found a group on here that really supports one another and has given me rejuvenation to scrap again. I started back and found Creative Memories was also back, so could get those same albums again. So it has been a win-win! My kids are also now college grads and I feel like I can own my own time. I still think chronologically because...I don't know...I just do. But, now I have an album that I work on that is the current year and also one that I work on that is where I really am in my timeline history (2009) and I just go back and forth between the two. It has been fun this way for me because I can see so much change in that 10 years, but still feel like some things were just yesterday and enjoy walking down memory lane.
If you are interested in the group you will find them on the main page under Scrapbook Goals. You basically make a goal for yourself for the month and see if you can reach it. Post your layouts if you want or not if you don't. Check in when you can and they have challenges each month for those that want some structure. It's very fun, and I have certainly grown in my style and tried many new things because of these ladies. Would love to have you all check it out. It is also very helpful when the mojo fades!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has moved back and forth in my enthusiasm for scrapbooking. That gives me hope that I'll settle in soon and finally finish some of my partially scrapped layouts. I really do want to finish those at the very least because my two granddaughters have started to show a real interest in the old photos of their mom and uncle from back in the day. I started out using CM products too, but then began using post-bound albums. I also had a problem keeping those slip on side protectors that CM albums used, and so switched to top loading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2019, 04:04 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Oh, okay...I get it. I was worried that the PL style was a pain by itself and that I would have problems using the page protectors. My husband used to suggest that I try to sell my cards and crafts at craft fairs etc, back when I did a lot of crafting and sewing. I explained to him that I already had a job (we ran a business for 25 years) and the crafting was my fun time. Turning it into a business would take all the fun away!
I actually do find the page protectors limiting sometimes, but it forces me to be creative too. Plus I have different designs, and that helps. I find that I do have to plan ahead more carefully when using the pocket pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I actually do find the page protectors limiting sometimes, but it forces me to be creative too. Plus I have different designs, and that helps. I find that I do have to plan ahead more carefully when using the pocket pages.

Yes, that's my worry. I can just imagine trying to use a page protector with a lot of vertical photo slots and having only horizontal photos. I'm planning to mix regular page protectors with the PL style protectors so that I can use the one with the pockets for those photos and journal cards that work with it. We'll see if it's a total disaster!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I do. I love scrapping. My twins are 13(both boys) and now that they are older I ask them what stories they want me to tell and if they want something in their album or not.
I also make mini albums for vacations and will ask each of them to do a sentence or two about the trip. I love seeing their handwriting.
As far as PL...I did our 2010 family album PL style and I hate it. It sucked the creativity right out of it. Never again. I think Becky Higgins and PL contributed to the decline of scrapping because it was so simple and with such little supplies that it hurt the industry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a great thread. I haven't scrapped in years but I miss it. I just can't find anything to scrap "about"! I rarely take photos, too. Maybe you all are inspiring me to take it up again. I have an upcoming week at a writers' conference.... well, here I go!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I think it depends upon what you want to do, and that can change as time goes on. I make jewellery as a hobby and sometimes sell it. I never got into card making because, why bother? Then I tried it and was immediately hooked. But I had no intention of scrapbooking at all. Then I found that the cardmaking wasn't challenging me enough... so I started making my own scrapbooks. I love doing that, plus I'm starting to get into mixed media. I still make jewellery and cards and books and I love it all. Sometimes I even get time to eat and sleep! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf Scrapbooking

I've got back into scrapbooking after a few years of not being able to. What is motivating me and I am thoroughly enjoying is using Heartfelt Creations flip fold albums and their new insta albums that come in 8X8 and 12X12. They are different and I find them fun and easy. I don't necessarily use Heartfelt paper. I use what I have and it works fine. I still have a bunch of albums to work on but for now the Heartfelt albums has my mojo working overtime!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I found that I as getting behind in my scrapping. Doing albums for the grandkids & myself. My daughter introduced me to Digital Project Life and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I can scrap pages anywhere & anytime, doing as few or as many as I like at one time. As much as I loved scrapping the old way, it took ALOT of time & paper/embellishments. It’s hard to do with all the brick & mortar stores closed; no scrapping events or papers to see so you know what to use. I still have a year’s worth of pictures to do the old way, but everything else is caught up. I love to digital scrap while watching a movie. Also, most of the digital kits are 99cents & once you up them, you have them forever to use over & over again. Much cheaper than designer papers that are at least $1 per sheet or more. Then of course you have to add in the cost of embellishments. The cost of printing a completed page is SO much cheaper than putting one together the old way. Oh, and I completely forgot the cost of printing your photos before you scrap them too. I truly think if you tried it, you old love it too👍
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

I agree. I've always used computers in some way in my crafts. Some people I know rather look down on digital papers and printable kits but I think they're a great way to expand the craft and there is still some skill involved -I might use a printable stamp but I've still got to colour it and create a backing paper etc. Lately I've been playing with collages - I'll complete a collage, scan it, and then alter it digitally. Then I can have several different versions of it and print it whenever I like. I'll never have to buy DSP again!
Quote:

Originally Posted by octoberbabeView Post
I found that I as getting behind in my scrapping. Doing albums for the grandkids & myself. My daughter introduced me to Digital Project Life and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I can scrap pages anywhere & anytime, doing as few or as many as I like at one time. As much as I loved scrapping the old way, it took ALOT of time & paper/embellishments. It’s hard to do with all the brick & mortar stores closed; no scrapping events or papers to see so you know what to use. I still have a year’s worth of pictures to do the old way, but everything else is caught up. I love to digital scrap while watching a movie. Also, most of the digital kits are 99cents & once you up them, you have them forever to use over & over again. Much cheaper than designer papers that are at least $1 per sheet or more. Then of course you have to add in the cost of embellishments. The cost of printing a completed page is SO much cheaper than putting one together the old way. Oh, and I completely forgot the cost of printing your photos before you scrap them too. I truly think if you tried it, you old love it too👍
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2019, 03:31 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Project Life-style pages seem to get a love it or hate it response from scrappers. I was reluctant to try them but now they are a big time saver for me. When there is a trip or event with WAY TOO MANY photos, I use a 12x12 page or two for the best, scene-setting, story-telling photos and use PL pages for the rest. It takes a bit of planning to find the right combo of photos and sizes and journaling cards but a big stack of photos gets scrapped way faster. So, I guess I'm on the "love it" side but not for everything or all the time.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't scrapbooked in years! I've rearranged my craft room a few times. Looked at papers. I'm just starting to do paper crafts again.

My love used to be selling on eBay. I went and looked around today and it's like a ghost town. Wonder if it could be revived.

I know there are a few sellers on Etsy...but without the bidding, it just doesn't seem like it would be as fun.

I think my drive for scrapbooking (besides layouts for my kids) was totally driven by eBay!!

Time to find a new way to drive that!

Rhoda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2019, 06:00 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I have been scrapping for 20 years and loving it more now than every before. You would think that I could catch up with my scrapping but it seems to not be the case. I did take a hiatus of sorts while I was into making cards...one of those DON'T LOOK at the stamping supplies as I walk out of a scrapbook store! Don't Look!! Don't Stop! Well we know how that goes...I looked I sampled I stamped!

After a few years I went back to my first love of paper crafting and never looked back. Most of my stamp collection is gone, my stash of cards is dwindling (it takes a long time when you don't mail cards) and I use my old supply of 8.5x11 as photo matting!! I still have years and years of photos to scrap plus all the family photos that come into my collection as people know I will scrap them.

I have tried the PL type pockets and found they are NOT for me so like others I will use a pocket page or two in a traditional album as a visual break and as a way to use some of the over abundance of photos.

I have thought about the allure of digital scrapping, for all the reasons mentioned, but in the end the reason I scrap is to keep my hand occupied with paper and inks and mixed media and dies and stencils..... I fear that digital scrapping will be taking a bigger bite out of the scrap industry as the years go by and I will adapt when I run out of paper...although I fear I won't live long enough to run out.

For now I will continue with my paper while I am learning and leaning toward embellishments without as much bulk. Quite a few embellishments I make myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Sharon,
I'm with you on the digital scrapbooking not substituting for the hands-on experience. Some of my friends have gone completely digital but I enjoy the process of cutting, layering, adhering actual products. Also, how can I justify all those papers and supplies that I bought if I don't use them now..eek!

Unlike you, however, I am still in the middle of card-making and stamping so that has really gotten in the way of my scrapbooking for the last several years. I experimented a bit with adding stamping and stenciling to some of my layouts several years back and hope to get back into that. I think it will jump-start my love of scrapbooking.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

I actually scrapbooked yesterday for the first time in years, yay! I've been going through a lot of clutter and getting rid of it, so I came across several scrapbooks that I had started for my daughter when she was in high school. There were many unfinished layouts in the albums, and in some cases all that was left was to adhere the journaling, title and photos to the page. These photos are all 8-10 years old (daughter is now 36 and the mom of 3), so I decided to just go ahead and finish them. I'll take them to her house next week and move them out of mine.
Turns out that the trick for me was to stop thinking about it so much and just go ahead and do it. I realize that I had gotten so bogged down in over-thinking my layouts and feeling that each one had to be just-right. The layout I had in my mind remained in my imagination and I never did it.

So, now the layouts aren't great ones (and in some cases are pretty meh) but at least they're in albums where daughter and her kids can look at them.
Now that I've gotten energized from that project, it might be time for me to finish a few of my partially scrapped layouts in my own family albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I've been scrapping for many years and loved it, but last year I lost my mojo for months. It was May and I had only scrapped six layouts for the whole year, and I was really considering whether I should just give it up. I shared how I was feeling with the wonderful ladies of the Scrapbook Goals thread, and they really encouraged me to do whatever was best for me at the time. For some reason, that freed me up to just enjoy my hobby again, and I ended up scrapping 8 layouts in May and a total of 69 for the year! As I type this, layout 100 for this year is on my desk waiting for some finishing touches, so I have come back strong and am enjoying my hobby more than ever. I have six albums going at a time (family, vacation, four school albums), so if one set of photos isn't cutting it for me, I switch to a different album. So even though I'm 5 years behind on my family album and I'm still working on my high school senior's 5th grade photos, I'm enjoying the process, which is what really counts for me. And someday when I run out of photos to scrap, then it will be time to take another vacation of a lifetime and come back with 5000 photos to scrap - LOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 03:02 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been scrapping for 20+years and I loved it! I'm now an empty nester and thought I would have all the time in the world to scrap when I wanted to. BUT a few years ago I became an SU demo and now find that most of my 'free' time (I still work full time) is spent prepping for classes, etc. Add taking care of an elderly parent, and time really is at a premium. I used to go to a monthly crop and do nothing but scrap for the whole day. I could accomplish LOTS. The crops aren't held as often anymore, and sometimes they are on days that conflict with me, so I don't go as often. Does that stop me from dreaming of all the beautiful layouts I'll be creating soon and stop me from organizing projects and BUYING things for my projects -- NOPE! I have lots of ideas . . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #27  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 602 Likes on 422 Posts

I am still scrap when I have time. I buy the project life cards and just add them to my pages. I didn't like the divided page protectors. I have always just scrapped major events, birthdays, Scout events, holidays, vacations. I think that is why I am still doing it, I never got bogged down with the need to scrapbook everything. I will keep doing it as long as I am enjoying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

I scrapbook my trips (even those that are only a day in length). Really don't take many photos other than on vacation. My daughter takes photos of my two grandsons (now 14 and 17) and places the photos in albums, so I don't scrapbook my grandsons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Default I'm scrapping a lot more now

I'm scrapping a lot right now. But I did go through a phase, where didn't scrap book very much. I think how much we scrap book is very dependent on the stresses in our lives. The break I took from scrap booking was when we moved across the country twice in one year my husband started a new job lost his job started another job and we had a baby born with Down Syndrome. There just weren't any stories I felt like telling at that time. It wasn't an unhappy time, but it was stressful. When things calmed down a bit I didn't quite know how to jump back in. So I decided to start with my all inclusive kits. The ones that have sketches and tell you where and how to place things. It was so fast and it felt so good that I started to remember why I was doing this in the first place.
I checked out the challenge board here. Everyone is so kind. There are some places where the women can be mean and catty, not here. The ladies there are from all over the world and so gracious. I don't post a ton, but they always support me when I do. Becuase there arent a lot of crops it has made a difference to feel like I still have scrappy friends. I then ran into the problem of trying to "squeeze" in my scrapbooking. I wasn't getting it done and I was falling behind in my goals. I simply scheduled a time to do it, and I treat that time like any other appointment. I show up on time and work and play until my time goes off 20 minutes before the kiddos come home. It's awesome. I love this hobby. I scrap what I want. It's completely random. 2011 one day 2004 the next. It keeps things interesting. I don't think there is anything wrong with ebbing and flowing with motivation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #30  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 602 Likes on 422 Posts

Andy99,
Good for you! I am glad you are doing what you enjoy and found a way to make it work! As long as I enjoy scrapping and card making I will keep doing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #31  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm so glad to find out that I wasn't the only one having lost my mojo. I've been scrapping since 98. The last 2 years I've been struggling to get back into it. Part of it is moving across country and trying to make things fit in one small room. Once I have everything put in it's place, I will be more apt to making scrapbooks again.

I think I like buying things more than using them. Maybe I'll make the goal not to buy anything and use all that I have. That will last about 1 week. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
I am still scrap when I have time. I buy the project life cards and just add them to my pages. I didn't like the divided page protectors. I have always just scrapped major events, birthdays, Scout events, holidays, vacations. I think that is why I am still doing it, I never got bogged down with the need to scrapbook everything. I will keep doing it as long as I am enjoying it.

Good reminder that we can use the Project life type products without using the pocket pages if it doesn't work for us!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

I need to get back into my scrapping again.  Started an album for a trip we took to Colorado and would really like to finish the album.  We have a ton of photos so after reading all these threads, I think I'll treat is as part scrapping, part Project Life style, so at least I can get all the photos in the album.  My room really turned into a mess, so that's what has halted me from scrapping.  The cards I make I can complete on a little Ikea table I bought and put in the living room, but it's way too small for my scrapbook pages.  But this thread has inspired me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #34  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by janfoselliView Post
I need to get back into my scrapping again.  Started an album for a trip we took to Colorado and would really like to finish the album.  We have a ton of photos so after reading all these threads, I think I'll treat is as part scrapping, part Project Life style, so at least I can get all the photos in the album.  My room really turned into a mess, so that's what has halted me from scrapping.  The cards I make I can complete on a little Ikea table I bought and put in the living room, but it's way too small for my scrapbook pages.  But this thread has inspired me!
Having a place to scrapbook is so important. I have talked to so many ladies who gave it up because they had to dig all their stuff out every time the urge to scrapbook hit them, and by the time they had everything set up, they were too wiped out to scrap. Hope you can figure out a way to complete your Colorado album. I've been working on a London album for two years in between other albums, and mixing photo storage pages with my traditional layouts is the only way I think I will ever get this vacation scrapbooked!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't scrapped in months and I miss it so much. I had a stressful job for over the past year, but now that is over. However, I am about to move yet again, so I have to put everything on hold. I hope to get set up quickly and jump back into the hobby I love so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

I've been scrapping for many, many years. In 2006 I discovered stamping, and card making. Didn't stop me from scrapping all together. I scrap lots more these past years and often add stamps to my pages since then.
I have lots of photos and I still take lots of photos, or I download them when my DGD sends them!
I am "challenge" driven, especially like sketches because it gives me a different direction. Without a sketch once in a while all my layouts are pretty much the same design - lol.
It's fun to try new-to-me techniques. I have gotten over the theory that my pages aren't good enough or they don't look like the gorgeous pages I come across. Once I let all that go I have had lots more enjoyment. I can stretch my creative self and work toward a style, or not.

I have recently returned from an extended visit with my 3 great grands in Japan - boy do I have a lot of new photos to play with! I will not run out of subjects for the rest of my life.

I love the friendships we have developed over at Scrapbook Goals. I came home from Japan feeling sick, depressed because I wasn't with the precious Tiny Tots any more, and maybe a bit overwhelmed with where to start again. These dear scrappers are there and always welcoming and encouraging. {Thanks to you all!}
As for pocket pages I believe I will utilize some for the many shots that are details to accompany the fun pages I do more creatively. Not so much PL, just decorate a pocket here and there.
My advise to anyone wondering if they should do this style or that style, I say give it a try if you want, and then let your heart lead the rest of the way. I love my creative outlet. And, although I do make most of the pages with the family in mind, I really make them for my liking and pleasure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Long-lost SCS'er here.
I've scrapbooked very little in the last few years, but I found myself wanting to scrapbook again. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricutaddictView Post
Long-lost SCS'er here.I've scrapbooked very little in the last few years, but I found myself wanting to scrapbook again. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things!
Welcome back to scrapbooking! Feel free to stop by the Scrapbook Goals thread (link is in Joyce Ann's post right above yours) for encouragement and links to lots of challenges that help get your mojo going.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2020, 03:26 AM   #39  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricutaddictView Post
Long-lost SCS'er here.
I've scrapbooked very little in the last few years, but I found myself wanting to scrapbook again. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things!

Awesome! I've been enjoying it more too. No pressure. I scrapbook what I want to, when I want to.  I love my Cricut too.

Sometimes I participate in a sketch challenge once a month in another group, but no more than that.  Too much pressure.  Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2020, 03:57 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We just moved to a new (actually about 45 years old) house and I've gone from a huge cabin in the garden as my craft room to a smallish bedroom. In the process, however, I've rediscovered all my scrapbooks, supplies, books, and magazines that I hadn't really looked at for a few years. I started out making cards, moved to scrapbooks, then mixed media, then sewing, and now I'm leaning toward scrapbooks and cards again. I'm finding so much motivation here at SCS so thanks for that! I also recommend a good craftroom cleanout every so often to reignite your mojo. Now if I can just find/make the TIME to play!