View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #15414
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I am so bummed. I was going to go to a book festival is Tucson. I even bought plane tickets in January. I was meeting a friend who lives in Scottsdale. Then late yesterday afternoon, it was cancelled. Over 100 authors cancelled. Too many people freaking out over the Covid-19 virus.

So, I hope you two are washing your hands and not touching your faces.

Nothing else is going on. We did go to my father in-laws house to get boxes and some furniture he wanted us to have and items we wanted to take. It was a short, hectic trip. We had to rent an enclosed trailer from u-haul (after DH had to make sure the 15 yr old Expedition could make the trip there and back). Load it up and drive back home, then unload it again.

I think spring is here. The temps have been warmer and the sun has been out. I am ready for warm weather and sunshine.
Sorry about your trip being cancelled. I can understand some precaution, but some are certainly overreacting. For instance, after church this coming Sunday, we were having a Linger Longer and members would bring pie and we'd stand around enjoying food and chatting. So they cancelled it. If you're going to cancel the Linger, Longer, then why not just cancel church. We're going to stand around talking to each other, sit by each other, and be in close quarters with others. What's the difference? We haven't cancelled our book club for this week.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!