Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default What are you working on?

Now that the holiday season has past, what projects are you working on: purging and organization, craft room overhaul, Spring cards, or just playing with all the goodies you received as gifts or purchased from great sales during the holiday season?

As for myself, I need to clean up my holiday crafty mess and re-organize my storage shelves, organize my small stash of 12 x 12 papers. I've been looking at Totally Tiffany videos for ideas and organization products. 
I've made some alcohol ink backgrounds and a few using acrylics with the gel plate. in addition to die cutting and coloring them for future use. I made a few Spring cards which I'll post later.
I'm retiring in April and I feel a need to do a total craft room overhaul, condensing and purging again for the umpteenth time. 

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 01-28-2020 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Merged duplicate threads into single forum.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Default What are you working on?

Re-posted from Tools and techniques

Now that the holiday season has past, what projects are you working on: purging and organization, craft room overhaul, Spring cards, or just playing with all the goodies you received as gifts or purchased from great sales during the holiday season?

As for myself, I need to clean up my holiday crafty mess and re-organize my storage shelves, organize my small stash of 12 x 12 papers. I've been looking at Totally Tiffany videos for ideas and organization products. 
I've made some alcohol ink backgrounds and a few using acrylics with the gel plate. in addition to die cutting and coloring them for future use. I made a few Spring cards which I'll post later.
I'm retiring in April and I feel a need to do a total craft room overhaul, condensing and purging again for the umpteenth time. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 01:39 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

My free time has been limited due to life events and work.  I did get away for a girls' trip on MLK weekend.  Worked on 100+ cards for a charity event's goody bags.  All that's left is putting embellishments on.  I just need a full free day to sit down and finish them Yesterday was my birthday and, after dealing with some errands, I was able to make a card for a gf that's dealing with a serious illness.  The idea for it had been rolling around in my head for a week or so, but didn't have time to put the wheels in motion.

I'm hoping that I can get a free day or two in the next couple weeks that I can start shoveling out my craft room. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 03:32 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I have one more valentine card to stamp then it is back to some scrapbooking and a bit more sorting to get some more stuff ready for a crafty stuff garage sale at my LSS.  
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 04:53 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm working on my grandkids valentines that they hand out at daycare.  I've actually started working on next years Christmas cards.  Last year was so last minute, I'm determined for it not to be that way this year!  I also need to work on making tags.  
I also need to organize more.  We moved last spring and I still haven't put everything in its place!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 05:02 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely playing with some of the goodies I bought myself for Xmas since this seems to be the first time I've had the chance. And making Valentines!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 05:59 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I need to flip over to spring and summer (spring catalog samples, summer stamp designs) and I'm not ready!

I've been working on a large drawing...

paper beads...

some paper jewelry using Spellbinders' February die kit - love this one... but I can't share yet! 

And all the usual SCS stuff. Back to pet portraits today too.

Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 01:33 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, Happy New Year. I've been getting into drawing - after years of believing that I could not draw (thanks to my school art teacher telling me I couldn't!), I'm delighted to discover that actually I can make a good attempt at it if I practise... also making some notebooks out of Amazon packaging and kicking around ideas for my husband's Valentine card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 02:10 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Working on Christmas cards for this year, making a few a month. Plus Hubbys Valentines card, and youngest sons birthday card, as his birthday is Valentines day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 05:38 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Finished up Valentine cards (34 of them---I love a lot of people!) and have 6 of the 15 St. Pat's cards done. (two of our kids married into Irish families) So I need to finish those up before we leave next month for a two week trip.  I just finished teaching my technique class that I do each month and need to think about next month as we will have just returned from our trip.  I usually make 6-9 samples to put out on the tables, so must do that, too.  Need my idea first!  That might come to me at any time of the day or night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 05:59 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

2 BIG projects currently (not card related)...
rearranging and reframing my 96 yr old WWII veteran dads military ribbons and medals in order of importance and significance...
doing a painting (from photographs) of my great aunts homestead farmhouse!
Both are fairly large projects and are taking a considerable amount of time.
Making beautiful cards for friends and family as needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 360 Likes on 198 Posts

I have been using up pre-stamped images, DSP, ribbon, other embellishments and making lots of cards. USEIT2020 challenge has inspired me to dive into my stash and USE IT!! I have made 50 Christmas cards this month (most are posted in my gallery, but I have more to post when SCS gets the issues resolved.) It feels good to use up stuff that has been in my stash for years. I have 2 -11x14x6 totes full of stuff that needs to be used. Hopefully, I can accomplish this in 2020. I have found that a few things are not my style and I won't use so those items are being given away or put into recycle.
I have 4 birthday cards that I need to make for February and I am working on other card needs as well. I have fallen in love with a lot of my stash and have thoroughly enjoyed putting it all to good use. I have no desire to shop for anything as I have uncovered these treasures.
I might note that when making my cards, I finish them - sentiments and decorated inside and envelopes decorated as well. It makes card sending so much easier when I pull out a card with it's envelope and I only need to sign (add a note if needed), address it, stamp it and put in the mail. No more stressing on finishing the insides or feeling that the cards are half done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 465 Likes on 347 Posts

A couple of friends order some Valentine cards from me so I'm working on them.  Also tidying up from all the Christmas card making.  And going right back into making Christmas cards as I do it year round to end up with 100 ready to sell in my fundraiser in November, and about 40 more for me to mail out!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

2020 is the year of the craft room.  Its been a hoarder's paradise for seven years.  SEVEN YEARS.  I have a path from the door to the window so the cat can get to her window seat.  This year every last pencil and enamel dot will be removed, sorted, and organized.  The room will be painted and some new storage furniture will go in.  Then it all goes back and I can actually use the room to craft.  That's the plan, anyway.  ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
2020 is the year of the craft room.  Its been a hoarder's paradise for seven years.  SEVEN YEARS.  I have a path from the door to the window so the cat can get to her window seat.  This year every last pencil and enamel dot will be removed, sorted, and organized.  The room will be painted and some new storage furniture will go in.  Then it all goes back and I can actually use the room to craft.  That's the plan, anyway.  ;)

Good luck!  Sounds like a great project.  I love organizing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Default Trying New Techniques

I have gathered a few new goodies that are testing my card making abilities. This interactive card really tested my patience as I did not have the exact die set for the parts and had to fashion some out of what I had on hand. In the end, it turned out well enough to mail to a friend and I learned a lot about what to do and what NOT to do! 😜
P.S. It wouldn’t allow me to add images from my phone.😕
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Default Thank you for his service!

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmillerView Post
rearranging and reframing my 96 yr old WWII veteran dads military ribbons and medals in order of importance and significance...
Love that you are putting those memories together of your dad’s military service! I need to do the same for my son who we lost. I have wanted to put a shadow box together of of several items of his that I never want to misplace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 11:58 AM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Default Paper organizer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Re-posted from Tools and techniques

I love Stamp-n-storage for paper organization! Do you know them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppers placeView Post
I have gathered a few new goodies that are testing my card making abilities. This interactive card really tested my patience as I did not have the exact die set for the parts and had to fashion some out of what I had on hand. In the end, it turned out well enough to mail to a friend and I learned a lot about what to do and what NOT to do! 😜
P.S. It wouldn’t allow me to add images from my phone.😕

It's a learning curve, have fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppers placeView Post
Love that you are putting those memories together of your dad’s military service! I need to do the same for my son who we lost. I have wanted to put a shadow box together of of several items of his that I never want to misplace.

Mine is a long overdue labor of love. I cant imagine the tremendous loss you have endured...your son is a national hero and we can never do enough to repay the debt we owe to them.
I will be happy to share my project/ideas/suggestions with you if that would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2020, 05:36 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

January is usually spent cleaning up my Christmas card making mess, feeling sad about the Christmas card ideas and new sets I never even used, deciding I need to reorganize and purge (again) and watching lots of YouTube videos. So, I’ve been doing all that but also surprised myself by actually feeling some mojo to make Valentines! I “case-d” the first two then actually started playing with my own ideas! I put my two “originals” in my gallery yesterday! 
I’m going to get back to purging and I really want to unmount the six or so background stamps I have and love from SU. It’s always been a struggle to get a good stamped impression and I’d rather have them as bare rubber and use them in my MISTI. So much easier to repeat stamp that way to get a good image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2020, 11:09 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

Working February's Cards for a Cause 

Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on?-firefighterstorescue.jpg  

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2020, 05:44 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

My sister wants to come over and make some cards for herself. I walked into my craft room and I AM Horrified!  It's OK for me to work in because I know where everything is kept, having a visitor...OH MY!  I need to get rid of some stuff!
It's also my office and I don't like filing, so office stuff has crept onto my tables. I work full time and avoid the 'work' at home in order to do fun stuff...like making valentines for at least 23 plus 6 grandkids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

I haven't finished organizing my 12x12 papers. I just moved the pile out of the way so I can focus on Valentine cards. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2020, 09:18 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Just finished making a whole stack of Valentine cards and small notebooks for a hospital donation, and started putting some of my Christmas supplies away to make room for Valentine and springtime instead. I work on Christmas cards all through the year so always keep my Christmas stamps and papers easy to access but it's getting so crowded in my craft area that I can't even work anymore. Some of that needs to be put aside in another area!
I've also been using up old patterned papers that I don't like anymore and turning them into envelopes. I don't have the Envelope punch board, but just use a scoring board and bone folder to fold them to fit my cards. When I donate cards, they usually request actual real envelopes, so I make them for my personal mailing and save the
real ones for donations.
Also continuing going through drawers and boxes of extra stamped images and left over tags, punched and die cut shapes etc, and trying to use them up. Some of my stash are almost 20 years old..yikes!
Karen 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2020, 09:21 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by psmillerView Post

Those do sound like big projects but will give a real sense of accomplishment when you're done. In addition, I'm sure your family will really appreciate the completed documentation and memories. I inherited all of my mother's old albums and boxes of loose photos after she died. Many of the albums are falling apart and need to be redone but  I don't want to tackle them until I have more time. As it is, my own albums are all in various stages of incompleteness already..argh.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post

Good luck!  Sounds like a great project.  I love organizing!!!
Omg I hate it! No time to craft seems like I am always organizing. You can come here and organize to your hearts content!!( I wish)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ddesignsView Post
Omg I hate it! No time to craft seems like I am always organizing. You can come here and organize to your hearts content!!( I wish)

I have helped 5 people organize their craft rooms.  Some have taken longer than others, but I have enjoyed the process every time.  I continually organize mine---just sections at a time, as it is pretty well organized, but now and then I will reorganize my animal stamps or purge some paper, for example.  I usually drag that section of stuff to the great room and go through it while watching recorded programs.  I ordinarily stamp during the day and organize in the evening. 

Be careful what you ask for.  If I knew where you lived, I just may show up on your doorstep!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 12:38 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeanne, if you lived closer to Vancouver, Canada I'd invite you over in a flash to help me organize!!!  I'd far rather make cards than organize!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to live closer before we moved to AZ from OR.  You should concentrate on card making, as your cards are amazing and inspiring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Jeanne!  But I'm making cards on a desk that looked like a hurricane went through the room!  So I do need to discipline myself a bit and get some tidying done!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 12:59 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been working on getting my supplies inventoried on Airtable, it's going to be a year long project, doing a little at a time.  I am almost done with Valentine cards, and when they are done I'm going to IKEA to get myself a few things for my "craft room".  I want the corner desk table and an additional table so I have more usable space.  It gets old shuffling things around.  I will be purging many of my color layering sets, I have tried for almost 3 years and something about I eyes doesn't allow me to line them up properly, I've tried all the tips and tricks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with you, dancingpurplecat - the layering stamps just don't work for me.  But I'm keeping some of them, especially the Altenew flowers where I can just stamp the main image and watercolour it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingpurplecatView Post
I've been working on getting my supplies inventoried on Airtable, it's going to be a year long project, doing a little at a time.  I am almost done with Valentine cards, and when they are done I'm going to IKEA to get myself a few things for my "craft room".  I want the corner desk table and an additional table so I have more usable space.  It gets old shuffling things around.  I will be purging many of my color layering sets, I have tried for almost 3 years and something about I eyes doesn't allow me to line them up properly, I've tried all the tips and tricks.

I have my office area set up with the corner unit and one table to the right, and the printer stand cabinet on the left side, plus I added a three drawer storage unit under the table. It's perfect for my needs. The corner unit makes a huge difference. 
Have fun setting up your workspace. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I have helped 5 people organize their craft rooms.  Some have taken longer than others, but I have enjoyed the process every time.  I continually organize mine---just sections at a time, as it is pretty well organized, but now and then I will reorganize my animal stamps or purge some paper, for example.  I usually drag that section of stuff to the great room and go through it while watching recorded programs.  I ordinarily stamp during the day and organize in the evening. 

Be careful what you ask for.  If I knew where you lived, I just may show up on your doorstep!!!
Omg I would pay to have someone help me I have so much I am not only in my craft room, but another bedroom and hall closet as well and I am overstuffed!! Don’t have anyone here that crafts much and the nearest local non big box store is an hour away. Btw where DO you live? Winter here is beautiful! I am just west of ft Lauderdale Fl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

I live in South Eastern Arizona south and east of Tucson nearly on the border.  When I lived in Southern Oregon, we had a small group of stampers that got together and had a blast!  Here, we have a 60 member club that meets once a month and also has several outside activities.  I'm so lucky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Just saw you are in Oregon so far boo hoo. Funny I craft opposite. I organize and get something accomplished during the day and relax and craft at night. Right now I have taken over the dining room to organize my 12x 12 paper and embellishments. Probably won’t need the room emptied until Mother’s Day. However I am going to scrapbook expo in Orlando in March so want to have at least that part done and put away by then. Can’t wait to go! Today was the first day to sign up for workshops , so of course I am all ready to go now. I keep having to stop sorting in order to buy supplies to put it all into. Slows me down quite a bit. I keep thinking I have enough to get organized but seems like I never do. Oh well, I just keep plugging through and one of 3 things will happen. 1. I will get it all done !!! I hope !! 2. Get rid of whatever I didn’t get to just through it away. or 3. Dump everything that is not organized yet put it back in my overstuffed craft room and start over again another time! Maybe I better work on this harder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I live in South Eastern Arizona south and east of Tucson nearly on the border.  When I lived in Southern Oregon, we had a small group of stampers that got together and had a blast!  Here, we have a 60 member club that meets once a month and also has several outside activities.  I'm so lucky!
That is so nice. No clubs or anything like that here. Surprising as it is a very well populated area. I have a quasi family member who was here for thanksgiving dinner, saw the decorations I made and bought herself a cricut. Came over and asked me
To teach her to use it. I have one but really don’t rely on it. Use it mostly for making tshirts and vinyl projects. So we did some crafting that day. Other than that. Not too many people I know are crafty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #39  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Busy Bee!

I’m continuing to work on the never ending task of organizing my craft room. I’m also trying to come up with a variety of swap ideas for several groups I’m in or run. Gonna be a busy year!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2020, 06:33 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

PURGING BIG TIME!  Have a whole box of new Stampin' UP supplies that arrived in December and it is my mission to get rid of stuff before I even try to get to that box to put away.  (Did take the inks out to be sure they were packed flat or they tend to leak a bit.)  My purge goes to my dear friend whose hubby thinks crafting is a waste of money and time, and is pretty stingy with receipt driven budgets, (unless it's some new game, or action figure he wants).  
Reply With Quote Likes