View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 01:40 PM   #108
bjeans
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmom View Post
Demos are not a small business ever.. they are buying to stay in a company that really only pays attention to the ones that make them the most money. Aliexpress is selling the seconds and thirds that these companies don't want. You really think they are stealing the designs when the stamps and dies are made in China...if you do sorry but they are made in the same factories where the workers make very little money.
Ali Express/Alibaba and other Chinese companies copy/steal designs from artists and designers and companies in the U.S. They steal designs from a huge range, not just crafting. One of the artists here has had her work stolen and copied.

If you want to dig deeper, there are many articles about the problem, and many U.S. artists and designers who have reported their designs being stolen. I'm repeating myself, but a friend of mine had her jewelry designs stolen. They weren't seconds; her work is made in the U.S.

The same thing has happened, for example, with a line of high-end, artistic lighting fixtures, with copies made in China and Mexico. A client (lighting showroom) had to stop carrying the line that they had sold for years, because the knock-offs were so cheap and not enough people would pay for the real ones.

As for not being a business if you sell for a multi-level marketing company, you're considered an independent contractor if you actually make money: https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/f...t-sales-taxes/

Last edited by bjeans; 01-08-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!