View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #83
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Jumping back in to say one thing: the cost of Stampin'Up! stamps has been quite consistent through the years. A couple of examples would be the ever-favorite "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set - released at $24.95 around 2003 and offered in 2017 at $28.00 for wood mount and $20.00 for cling mount, and the regular-sized wheels - released at $5.95 and stayed at that price for years. When SU! decided to discontinue the wheels, they were selling for $6.50. Both of these examples illustrate very reasonable pricing increases, in my opinion. There are other "premium" brands out there, as noted above, that are in the same price range. We are totally at choice on where/how we choose to spend our stamping/crafting dollars.

While I agree that Stampin'Up! dies are pricey, and while I agree that the incentives seem to get less and less all the time, it isn't really fair to single them out. There are other companies that have crazy shipping prices and seldom - if ever - offer free shipping. There are plenty that offer no incentives at all beyond occasional discounts. Becoming educated as to who has what you like/want/need and how often and what type of sales they have (if any) is one way to maximize your dollars.

Having said all that, I will also say that I'm not sure how long any multi-level marketing company will be viable in today's internet-based economy. Any/all of them may have to overhaul their business model to stay afloat...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!