Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin up Sale-a-bration disappointment

I am really disappointed that Stampin up took away the extra 25.00 in rewards for a 250.00 dollar order during sale a bration. They keep taking away customer incentives. First they lower the rewards from 25.00 to 15.00 for a 150.00 order and now this. They are going backwards as far as i am concerned. They should be upping our rewards, not take them away. Ok Im done now.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I know that many are loyal to the Stampin'Up! brand and their products are excellent quality, but I agree - the incentives get reduced more and more all the time and the prices get higher and higher all the time. I rarely order from them any more. Having said that, I will also say that if they have something I really want I don't worry about their seeming greediness - I just get it (Nature's Beauty, anyone?).

Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Paula in GA (07-15-2022)
Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I was sad about the saleabration cat I got from my rep. I don't want a single thing. Maybe next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
minstrel (06-07-2022)
Old 12-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I can see the catalog to see if I want anything. Being on a limited income it's getting the point where I am highly thinking of buying from **********. It's cheaper and pretty much the same products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love there products also and spend thousands every year. 6 to 9 hundred just at sale a bration time but i have got to start thinking twice about what I order. Paper alone has gone up 4.00 since I started. Natures Beauty, yes i have that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazmomView Post
I wish I can see the catalog to see if I want anything. Being on a limited income it's getting the point where I am highly thinking of buying from **********. It's cheaper and pretty much the same products.
What is **********?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57View Post
What is **********?
Part of Alibaba, a Chinese online retail company. Many of their stamp and die designs are stolen, which is very rough on small stamp companies, artists and even local stamp shops that can’t compete with their prices. They hurt our industry and many others.

Last edited by bjeans; 12-17-2019 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by bjeans:
bzzzeee (07-16-2022), Nawnee07 (04-23-2022), sf9erfan (07-19-2022), tblmom (08-04-2022)
Old 12-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I received my mini cat today and am very disappointed. Didn't get the SAB cat yet but since there isn't anything in the mini I want don't care what's in SAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
I received my mini cat today and am very disappointed. Didn't get the SAB cat yet but since there isn't anything in the mini I want don't care what's in SAB
I got my mini today as well, and whoever designed it to be horizontal should lose their design post. It's really hard to read an 8x22" spread compared to an 11x16.
Reply With Quote Likes
Kate Stamps (07-19-2022)
Old 12-17-2019, 12:06 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I love Stampin Up. I only buy their things thrifting and on Ebay. I do sometimes order online. I don't mind paying money for quality if I can have it for a long time. I do agree SU's prices are really getting up there where it is becoming not an affordable option for many stampers. I hope that someday this will reverse. Besides one or two other stamps all my favorite stamps are from SU. I did pay full price for most of them. They have been worth every dollar to me.

SU to me always seemed to be a frugal company. On my frugality boards I would see so many ladies who owned Stampin Up products because they could collect a little bit at a time through their demo's, church get together, etc....

For stampers, like me, who do not have a demo and can't go in on purchases with the demo's group, SU can be way out of your price range after S&H, taxes, etc....

I will order off of Ali & Ebay. I do not order copycats. I try to be very careful about this. For example- SU's double sided tape I know they are not manufacturing the tape so I will order a large roll from Ebay/Ali or go to Menards. Watercolor paper I am using a coupon at Hobby Lobby.

I know that one of the frugal YT I watch she is a loyal SU lady. She even said the other day she had to be choosy when ordering from her church demo last time because the prices had gone up. She wasn't flaming just a normal talk about her order.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I think it's interesting that for the first time in years there is actually something in the Sale-A-Bration catalog I would like to have........maybe even two things. I have been giving my benefit to members of our group for years. There are things in the mini I like and things that I have way too much of already and a few that make me say "what were they thinking?". We're all different and that's what makes this site so very interesting.....I see something I don't understand and then one or more of the stampers here make beautiful music with it......for all to enjoy.

The pricing has gone up but then so has everything else. We have lost all the LSS in our area and the stamps at JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby never change. I like the fact that Stampin' Up's inks, cardstock, DSP etc. coordinate.........I have way, way too much cardstock, Bazzil and others that will never get used and have slowly been given away and/or donated.

I am at the point where I want to say "enough" to the buying for awhile and just enjoy what I have. As soon as I get that poppy dsp, the word set that goes with it and those meercats.........!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been stamping forever. SU prices have really gone up, so I'm like whoa, no thanks. I might find a wood mount set at thrift shop or other place cheap. I did buy a lot of SU over the years. I didn't like when they change the ink pad, bits of it always coming off onto stamps. I haven't bought ink pads for years. I have to agree the SAB freebies not exciting. I do like 1 embossing folder, but not wanting to buy $50 worth of stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the Saleabration catalog available yet? I can't find it on their website. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Demonstrators have them or have had them sent to their customers. They won't be online until January 3rd. If you check Pinterest under Sale-A-Bration 2020 you will start seeing them soon.......and keep an eye on the gallery here........listed under Stampin' Up and then mini catalogs......there are things posted now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 07:52 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I buy SU monthly because I go to a fun group card class and we have so much fun! BUT, I am totally disappointed in a lot of things with them lately.

1. Backorders almost as soon as catalogs go LIVE! And items that were to be on sale until a certain date, but they run out in a month and are then unavailable.
2. The new catalog, like Emily mentioned. Who thought of that layout? It is harder to hold the catalog that direction to view stuff! Off with their heads! LOL
3. Little demos get hardly anything. So many rewards to the bigger demos, which is probably why we pay so much.
4. Sales with little notice and that only last a day sometimes. They just had a one day only no shipping sale.
5. When they make color changes, they don't give any notice. So I can buy six ink pads one month before the catalog is coming out only to find those six colors retired! That happened to me in 2009...yoyo yellow, green galore were two of those colors.
6. New products that only are for sale for a month. They had a rose bundle of some kind. Why would my demo buy that to demonstrate if she can't sell it later?

Oh my! I love the quality of their paper and that everything matches, and didn't realize how much I was disappointed until I started this list! LOL. Maybe I should send this to SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2019, 11:03 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post

Oh my! I love the quality of their paper and that everything matches, and didn't realize how much I was disappointed until I started this list! LOL. Maybe I should send this to SU!
I think that is a really good idea. I know companies need to change with times. A lot of us really love SU and don't want to see them go under.

Side note about the ink pads. I will admit I am really leery of the new ink pads. I was about ready to order a full set but just in the last three weeks I have seen several ladies over here that have issues with the pads. I am grateful you all bring these issues up. The ladies that have posted about these issues I do trust their knowledge about ink pads.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a lot of people feel that way as well. All those points you made? My demo says the very same things! She wonders at times why she carries in with SU. It is super frustrating to immediately have new product back ordered. And getting rid stuff or limiting releases so quickly. She traces the changes to when Shelli stepped back and her daughter took the CEO position. A different business model or at least different approaches in some ways.

I wonder if because they are such a huge company if our small voices even get heard. I wonder if enough people boycotted buying or demoing if they would have to take notice. Trouble is, it would take a huge amount of uproar.

I started this craft with SU and continue to look at catalogs, but I don’t order much anymore because 1) I have lots of variety to use in my own craft room . 2) what is new now is a rework of what I bought years ago- stamp sets anyway. 3) I just don’t end anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 02:09 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

I’ve been a demo for just over 14 years and can honestly say your feedback here reflects the feedback from demonstrators. With any company there is good and room for changes. I hope you will reach out to them with your ideas. I would like for the industry as a whole to be healthy and strong.

Part of the changes that have taken place and even the backorder issues really began when they went global. I’m sure there is a lot to learn for any business who decides to do that.

Also, unlike many of the companies we buy from online, there are paid consultants - the demos. That money has to come from somewhere... (I always get radio silence when i bring that up! Lol) That said, there are a lot of us hobbyists who stay “active” for the discount (that same money).

Some of the other complaints (paying for shipping, items not available, variety) are not unique to SU but they are compounded by a shorter selling cycle. If SU left their products around longer, it might not be such a big deal. But the way things are, it leaves some feeling like they miss out. Not a good feeling.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 03:40 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Location: In beautiful Blue Mountains National Park, West of Sydney, NSW, Australia

I thought it was just me who felt that SU products were too expensive and often seem to be reworked designs from the past. I did like many of the products offered in the "Occasions Brochure" but only bought two items. The SAB brochure holds no temptations for me – a dismal overing in my opinion.

Several folk have commented on the lack of advance warning of "specials" ie one day sales/free freight. The limited release items are well advertised but are often priced over Au$100 for the bundle & many of us cannot afford that outlay without putting money aside for several weeks or even months. This surely means that SU is missing out on sales. It would be far better if such offerings were available for a longer period such as three months.

<o:pAussie Carrie</o

Last edited by Rusty Rose; 12-19-2019 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

I got the new mini catalog recently and for the first time in a long time I found some I really would love to have. I was glad to see the artist who does "Beautiful moments" return with a new set, although it is very much like the older similar one except the ages of the girls. I already own most of those from older years. I love many of the sets they sell in bundles, but unfortunately they are way out of my fixed budget for stamping materials. I do love their papers and colors, but haven't used their inks for years. There are just better ones out there. And the cost has soared as well. I find myself using more design paper backgrounds for color because you can always find bargains at TM, etc. on pads of paper. I am sad that they are making this incentive less attractive to the customers. There are so little deals they offer their customers any other time of the year.

I have also come to realize that SU is mainly interested in acquiring new customers and new stampers and do not offer much for a seasoned stamper who has already invested in a collection of stamps they love and keep. That is why they keep offering redos of the successful stamps of the past. Yet the differences just don't justify the cost for me.

Unity has become a desirable company for me to purchase from because they are always having great sales and that is a very motivating factor for me on my limited funds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

I wish they would make more sets to go with current dies. I would guess I am 97% Stampin Up in my supplies, and I would buy more sets if they matched dies I already had and I didn't have to buy different dies. I see there is a new star set in the occasions that will go with my star dies! Love that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #22  

Received 838 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57View Post
I am really disappointed that Stampin up took away the extra 25.00 in rewards for a 250.00 dollar order during sale a bration. They keep taking away customer incentives. First they lower the rewards from 25.00 to 15.00 for a 150.00 order and now this. They are going backwards as far as i am concerned. They should be upping our rewards, not take them away. Ok Im done now.
Please contact SU and let them know of your disappointment. They told us demos last year that they would be trying a lot of new things and this is one of them. If enough people express their feelings about this SU will take notice.
Reply With Quote Likes
sc magnolia (07-22-2022)
Old 12-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #23  

Quote:

I buy SU monthly because I go to a fun group card class and we have so much fun! BUT, I am totally disappointed in a lot of things with them lately.

1. Backorders almost as soon as catalogs go LIVE! And items that were to be on sale until a certain date, but they run out in a month and are then unavailable.
2. The new catalog, like Emily mentioned. Who thought of that layout? It is harder to hold the catalog that direction to view stuff! Off with their heads! LOL
3. Little demos get hardly anything. So many rewards to the bigger demos, which is probably why we pay so much.
4. Sales with little notice and that only last a day sometimes. They just had a one day only no shipping sale.
5. When they make color changes, they don't give any notice. So I can buy six ink pads one month before the catalog is coming out only to find those six colors retired! That happened to me in 2009...yoyo yellow, green galore were two of those colors.
6. New products that only are for sale for a month. They had a rose bundle of some kind. Why would my demo buy that to demonstrate if she can't sell it later?

Please do send this to SU. They need to hear from customers at least as much, if not more than demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 09:02 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I wish they would make more sets to go with current dies. I would guess I am 97% Stampin Up in my supplies, and I would buy more sets if they matched dies I already had and I didn't have to buy different dies. I see there is a new star set in the occasions that will go with my star dies! Love that!
You are so right! One of Stampin Up's greatest features was the versatility and mix-and-match ability of its product line. The idea that one can have a few supplies, but get a lot of mileage from them was a huge selling point. If SU wanted to cater to seasoned stampers, it would add product that match older sets of dies, stamps, tools etc.

I rarely buy SU new due to the cost and mostly rely on resales. The quality of the tools and even its cohesive color scheme is another strong suit for SU, but I often scratched my head as to why anyone would buy a big shot or paper snips, for ex., at almost twice the cost of the very same non-branded items. Yes, demos and designers deserve to make money (and a lot of it) but maybe SU HQ should take less of a cut from the profits instead of cutting from the bottom and squeezing customers. I cant imagine that production/overhead costs, even factoring in overhead, is almost double that of Sizzix or Ek Success.

I want SU and the entire industry to flourish, but when I see dies selling at $25 - $50, when ********** sells similar size dies at $1-5, it feels like we are being gauged. I want to reward designers for good designs, and companies for good customer service, and I try to buy on sale but how can I justify spending on a piece of thin metal or plastic (embossing folder) what it costs for dinner for a family? At some point it tips from splurge into insanity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

OK. Voiced my opinions with SU. Got an immediate "thank you for contacting Stampin Up." But I'm not hopeful it will go any further. I've sent once before and that was all I got back. Like someone mentioned, I love the product and don't want to see them go under. And I don't mind paying a little more, if they'd listen and make some changes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 09:34 AM   #26  

Quote:

OK. Voiced my opinions with SU. Got an immediate "thank you for contacting Stampin Up." But I'm not hopeful it will go any further. I've sent once before and that was all I got back. Like someone mentioned, I love the product and don't want to see them go under. And I don't mind paying a little more, if they'd listen and make some changes.
They really do listen. They may listen for a year or two longer than we'd like them to, and sometimes their ultimate decision does not align with out thoughts but several things have changed over the years because of input from customers and demos alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
sc magnolia (07-22-2022)
Old 12-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GdoreenView Post
You are so right! One of Stampin Up's greatest features was the versatility and mix-and-match ability of its product line. The idea that one can have a few supplies, but get a lot of mileage from them was a huge selling point. If SU wanted to cater to seasoned stampers, it would add product that match older sets of dies, stamps, tools etc.

I rarely buy SU new due to the cost and mostly rely on resales. The quality of the tools and even its cohesive color scheme is another strong suit for SU, but I often scratched my head as to why anyone would buy a big shot or paper snips, for ex., at almost twice the cost of the very same non-branded items. Yes, demos and designers deserve to make money (and a lot of it) but maybe SU HQ should take less of a cut from the profits instead of cutting from the bottom and squeezing customers. I cant imagine that production/overhead costs, even factoring in overhead, is almost double that of Sizzix or Ek Success.

I want SU and the entire industry to flourish, but when I see dies selling at $25 - $50, when ********** sells similar size dies at $1-5, it feels like we are being gauged. I want to reward designers for good designs, and companies for good customer service, and I try to buy on sale but how can I justify spending on a piece of thin metal or plastic (embossing folder) what it costs for dinner for a family? At some point it tips from splurge into insanity.
I don’t have that many SU items, and think they’re more expensive than some companies, plus their business model isn’t one I’m a big fan of. But ********** sells at those low prices because 1) many of their designs are stolen from legitimate designers, artists and companies - including SU, and 2) their employees work in close to slave labor conditions. Lots of articles about that.

They put artists out of work. (I know one personally.) They negatively impact small businesses, and some spend countless hours contacting Amazon to report stolen designs.

But comparing to other legit companies is fair, and it seems like really good sales happen more often by some other companies, plus the large-scale retire/bring out new colors isn’t present.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
Please contact SU and let them know of your disappointment. They told us demos last year that they would be trying a lot of new things and this is one of them. If enough people express their feelings about this SU will take notice.

Did they explain the reasoning for eliminating the $25 incentive other than "we're trying new things?" Sometimes, things that don't make sense to me from a customer standpoint make a little more sense, even if I disagree with the approach, once I understand the logic behind it... so I'm wondering if they gave a reason other than "to save us $25."

(And if you don't know, that's okay. I'm just curious.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2019, 12:27 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

AFAIK, there's been no reason given for the switch of a choice item to a stamp set. I do know, however, that stamp sets are generally less expensive since SU! makes their own.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

I got a longer response to my email today. Part of it looks like a canned answer that's sent to all complaints and then there was some in a different font and looked like it was personally for me. I'll copy and paste it. Basically my email to them was the list I posted here plus and additional note about wanting more sets to match dies I already have. Here's my email:

Hello Kathy ,

We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding your concerns with the company. We listen to your feedback and take into account the wants and needs of our demonstrators as decisions are made. This doesn't mean every demonstrator or customer will agree with all of our decisions.

Stampin' Up! sincerely tries to serve two goals, that we consider equally important: The needs and wants of our demonstrators (each of whom has unique goals) and the financial stability and profitability of the company. We do our best to balance both factors when we make our decisions. We are sorry for any frustration this has caused.

We are genuinely grateful that you continue to work with us even though, in this instance, you may not agree.

Kathy, I will pass this feedback along and I too understand where you are coming from!

Have a great Holiday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #31  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazmomView Post

I had no idea what ********** was, so I tried out some of their products...I really was disappointed. I've had to ask for a refund on quite a few of their stamps and dies (stamps are acrylic not photopolymer and the dies are very thin metal - painted silver in some cases) I even had several dies that did not cut at all. For me, it's not worth the time and hassle.
That being said, I have not ordered from SU in quite some time...but I did just check their prices. I don't see that they are too much different from most other stamp brands.
Overall, I think all stamps and supplies have gone up in price and i'm also on limited income. One thing I've learned to do is really look closely at what I already have and determine if I can use it in a new way. Like I'm not one to make shaker cards, but I'm considering it since that would be a new way to use what I have.
And another thing I've done is to use my inks in repeat layers to make darker colors instead of having to have all the layering inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #32  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Did they explain the reasoning for eliminating the $25 incentive other than "we're trying new things?" Sometimes, things that don't make sense to me from a customer standpoint make a little more sense, even if I disagree with the approach, once I understand the logic behind it... so I'm wondering if they gave a reason other than "to save us $25."

(And if you don't know, that's okay. I'm just curious.)
I don't know specifics, just that they said over the next year or two they'd be trying a bunch of new things to see what goes over well and what doesn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
sc magnolia (07-22-2022)
Old 12-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's been interesting to read this thread and see everyone's perspectives. I must be the odd one, because I really like the orientation of the new catalog- I feel like there are more product closeups and it just flows better for me.
I have been stamping for 20+ years & so it's inevitable that many of the designs that come out from SU and others remind me of ones I have seen before. You'd think that would shorten my wish lists, but there is always plenty I "need." And I definitely like some SU catalogs more than others. The fall / Christmas one that is just finishing up is one of my favorites in a long time; there aren't as many things I like in the upcoming one.
I use a variety of brands, but primarily SU, mainly for the color coordination. I love having a consistent color palette to use and having papers & embellishments that I know will match my inks. That's especially important to me since I live in a rural area & don't often get to look at items in person. For others, it may not be as big a deal. Over time, I have learned not to buy every in color, only the ones I truly love. I am going to go through withdrawal when Pretty Peacock goes away!
Having the dies work with multiple sets is a brilliant idea, and I hope the company takes that idea seriously.
Great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2019, 06:14 AM   #34  
Proud Fan Club Member

Brooke, what I don't like about the orientation is I have to lay it down to look through it. Portrait is better for holding the catalog to peruse. At least for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SU is repeating designs, and there are so many sets with flowers. Anyone else feeling SU(other companies too) have you overwhelmed? I have SU set with palm trees, beachy stuff and now I see there is another set being released with palm trees. The beachy set has been retired, but for me I have similar sets. I looked thru the catalog and although I was thinking nice sets, paper ect. I am not wanting anything. I prefer the old style of catalog/ I told demo I'll not be buying anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
minstrel (07-14-2022)
Old 12-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I know the top demos work hard to build their teams and their business, but I truly wonder if I am paying higher prices for their rewards of cruises and freebies at the conventions. I do know you have to be at a certain level to qualify to attend the convention, and huge sales to win the cruise. I like the quality of paper, and will continue to purchase some things, but I have shopped more from SSS than SU lately! I will not support the pirates at **********, they rip off artists, designers and companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

Your first sentence....I have heard that same one from several people. And I have made the same statement myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #38  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Yep, Sue- Nature's Beauty. Had to have it! Haven't used it yet, but had to have it, lol......

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #39  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynkimView Post
I know the top demos work hard to build their teams and their business, but I truly wonder if I am paying higher prices for their rewards of cruises and freebies at the conventions. I do know you have to be at a certain level to qualify to attend the convention, and huge sales to win the cruise. I like the quality of paper, and will continue to purchase some things, but I have shopped more from SSS than SU lately! I will not support the pirates at **********, they rip off artists, designers and companies.
Anybody can go to convention as long as we pay for it. There is a special event that requires demos to be at a certain level in order to attend but the convention as a whole is open to all demos. 😊
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2019, 05:48 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

The mini and SAB catalogs have not reached my mailbox yet, but my budget has gotten smaller the past couple of months so I don't except to buy much. I love the color coordination and will probably always buy their paper and ink. What's most disappointing for me is the lack of traditional ribbon. I miss grosgrain ribbon and narrow gingham ribbon. As far as stamps, I simply can't afford SU anymore. I've been using a lot of digital stamps since I like to color cute images. My favorite companies are Whimsy Stamps, Di's Digital stamps, Polkadoodles and Bugaboo. SU doesn't do cute very well. And the SU blending markers run out of ink way too fast and I have called the company about it. They were happy with the feedback. I think it was because I compared them to Copics which is their biggest competition.
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes