Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2019, 03:27 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts
Default December Daily -- a rant

How do people do it? I've seen so many lovely December Daily albums and planners over the years. Thought I'd give it a go this year.
Never again. It's just one more thing for me to feel behind in completing at this time of year. I started simple -- 6x6 pages, themes list from CTMH website, limited supplies allowed to avoid extra decision-making time. Still way behind, ready to give up but I really want to finish what I started.
Mary Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #2  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 604 Likes on 424 Posts

It is okay not to do everything! We need to relieve some pressure from ourselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe it’s just not your thing. Maybe you’re busier than the people who finished. Maybe your process is different. Maybe your ideas need to percolate longer than a daily allows. And not maybe but for sure you should give yourself credit for taking it on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

You're not alone in feeling behind. Every year I start off with the intention of joining challenges, scanning photos for my kids, etc., and every year I get seriously sidetracked with "life stuff". It is baffling to me that I seem to have less time to do "me" stuff as an empty-nester than I did when I had six little kids running around, but that's my reality! Of course, I was a stay-at-home-mom for fifteen years and didn't have to do this "job" nonsense...

I agree with bjeans though, give yourself credit for at least attempting! I've started (and stopped) LOTS of things because I lost interest or I wasn't enjoying it or I ran out of time or whatever. Guilt has no place AT ALL - useless, wasted emotion, that...

If it helps at all, I haven't made (or sent) one single Christmas card this year! Too much going on and the people near and dear to me (the only ones I send things to) are aware of what's going on in my world right now and don't care about the non-card Christmas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

Well, some of those people start those albums in the summer. ( not kidding) I belong to a facebook group and they show their "base pages" months before when the package deals of stuffs start being sold. best guess is they plan their photo ops to fit those pages.

Me, I have done it once about 5 years ago and am working on it for this year. ( not one single thing is glued down) did I do something every single day? Shrugs, sure but not things that I felt needed photographed and recorded. so, Mine is more like a December memories book and It may be a month or two before its finished. It's not a race.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2020, 06:25 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't do one every year, but I decided that I wanted to do one this year. I cut all my pages with my Cricut, and I actually used up a very old paper pad. I did all the planning and cutting in November. I'm using the Day One app on my phone, so it made things very easy for me. I made sure to take a picture or 2 every day, and I jotted down a few notes for each one in the app. I'm printing 2 x 3s and using very little embellishment. I know that I'll be working on the album during January and February (or even later). No pressure. When it's done, it's done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did about 5 december daily albums when my dd was younger. I just don't have the time anymore to do them and they wouldn't be as exciting now that she's 14. lol 

When I did do them, I tried not to stress. They often did not get completed until toward the end of January. They are supposed to be fun, so if you aren't having fun, then it defeats the purpose. I do enjoy looking back through them every year and so does my daughter.
Reply With Quote Likes