View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #31
klh54
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmom View Post
I wish I can see the catalog to see if I want anything. Being on a limited income it's getting the point where I am highly thinking of buying from Aliexpress. It's cheaper and pretty much the same products.

I had no idea what Aliexpress was, so I tried out some of their products...I really was disappointed. I've had to ask for a refund on quite a few of their stamps and dies (stamps are acrylic not photopolymer and the dies are very thin metal - painted silver in some cases) I even had several dies that did not cut at all. For me, it's not worth the time and hassle.
That being said, I have not ordered from SU in quite some time...but I did just check their prices. I don't see that they are too much different from most other stamp brands.
Overall, I think all stamps and supplies have gone up in price and i'm also on limited income. One thing I've learned to do is really look closely at what I already have and determine if I can use it in a new way. Like I'm not one to make shaker cards, but I'm considering it since that would be a new way to use what I have.
And another thing I've done is to use my inks in repeat layers to make darker colors instead of having to have all the layering inks.