Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default What are your 2020 Crafty Resolutions?

I'm looking forward to working with newly acquired mediums, as well as old favorites when I create a bunch of backgrounds for future use on cards. However, next time around I'm going to scan and catalog my "favorite" finished backgrounds since trying to re-create the same look never comes out as good as the original.
  1. My plan is to send them to an office supply store and have re-prints made of them on various types of cardstock (glossy, parchment, etc) instead of buying more paper pads. ;)
Stop buying:
  • embellishments that are on sale at a great price when I really don't use them.
  • 12x12 paper pads with large scale images and only a few workable sheets for cardmaking
  • full size ink pads
  • markers
  • novelty dies
Let me think, I now there's more I can add to this list.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Exactly one: Shop My Stash

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Like Sue, shop my stash AND get the craft room set-up so I can use it. Its only been 2 months shy of 7 years since I moved here. I think if I'd just have invested in the right furniture in the first place instead of trying to be creative (i.e. cheap), it would've been beautiful by now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

My crafty goal for 2020 is the same one that I've had for the past 5 years...finish the scrapbook layouts that I started 5 years ago..ugh. In the same vein, I need to complete my daughter's wedding guest album (she's been married for TEN years now!).

Otherwise, I want to continue organizing and purging my craft supply stash, and become more aware of what I already have. Fortunately, I'm realizing that my interest in new stamps has waned, since so many designs are too similar to what I already own.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 90 Likes on 41 Posts

My goal is to get my craft room set up! Everything is still in boxes and the painting has not even started. Some things (furniture) I ordered has been delivered to the garage. I was hoping to order from StampandStorage this weekend but I think that has to wait.

Pretty discouraging.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
My crafty goal for 2020 is the same one that I've had for the past 5 years...finish the scrapbook layouts that I started 5 years ago..ugh. In the same vein, I need to complete my daughter's wedding guest album (she's been married for TEN years now!).

Otherwise, I want to continue organizing and purging my craft supply stash, and become more aware of what I already have. Fortunately, I'm realizing that my interest in new stamps has waned, since so many designs are too similar to what I already own.

Karen

I don't need another butterfly, flower, star, heart, gear, etc. die or stamp...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeronaSueView Post
My goal is to get my craft room set up! Everything is still in boxes and the painting has not even started. Some things (furniture) I ordered has been delivered to the garage. I was hoping to order from StampandStorage this weekend but I think that has to wait.

Pretty discouraging.

Have fun setting up your room!
However, don't be surprised if you have to re-arrange it multiple times till you get it just right. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Have fun setting up your room!
However, don't be surprised if you have to re-arrange it multiple times till you get it just right. ;)

Set up what you have now, you may not need as much as you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 09:13 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeronaSueView Post

Pretty discouraging.

Your goal sounds almost identical to mine! I need to get an actual craft room set up. Right now I have a "crafty room", which is basically just a catchall for EVERYTHING (ugh). Whenever I want to make a card I find myself going to my crafty room, digging out the supplies that I might need, and taking all of it to the dining room table to work on it in there! Not ideal by any means. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

This year I cut way back on card making to concentrate on scrapbooking. For 2020 I plan to quit cards totally except for the occasional birthday, thank you or sympathy card. Scrappin' 24/7. I plan to weed out half my shelves of floral and all occasion stamps (in April for a big garage sale at my LSS). Planning a move in late Oct. so that will weed out some more stuff. My 20th anniversary as an SU! demo is this year, too!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,838 Posts

I do not makes goals usually as I break them. I do need to use what I have and find new ways to make them fun again.
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Beyond card making and other paper crafts, I like to do a lot of repurposed and "3D" (for lack of a better word) crafts. My goal is to get all those bits and bobs organized, like with like, so I can more efficiently shop my stash.

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 07:41 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Received 100 Likes on 93 Posts

Use my stash...I joined a challenge your stash group this year and will continue with these great paper crafters...the challenge is listed under swaps

Use my dies...I am doing a swap all year long to use my dies...see my signature if interested in joining

Organize...yeah this is yearly for years!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Sane as above! Shop my stash for sure. I have enough of everything that it’s to the point that it’s almost too much! Any more will be a drain!

I love ❤️ what I have. I want to use and enjoy what I have. I don’t want so much it makes me anxious!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Sane as above! Shop my stash for sure. I have enough of everything that it’s to the point that it’s almost too much! Any more will be a drain!

I love ❤️ what I have. I want to use and enjoy what I have. I don’t want so much it makes me anxious!!!

Oh, your comment about having so much that it makes you anxious really resonates with me. I think I'm about at that point. It's time to stop buying more and start shopping from my stash.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 05:51 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Evaluate stash

I want to evaluate my stash. Last year I stamped each set/ stamp on a page to index them..then also indexed some that were specific to birthday, beach, floral, trees, lighthouses etc. with it labelled to what set it belongs to( or where I stored it Also mounted die shapes on paper so I can see ALL the shapes in a set..some I forget about!
That way, I am able to grab the right sentiment, figure..and know it will fit in my space..know what set it is in...lol
Now, I want to look at what I actually have, and figure out what sentiments, figures..I would like to add..rather than randomly adding stamps.I have so many already( just not the “right one” all the time) lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:28 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post

I love the idea of shopping my stash. I resolve to do that in 2020. I find that buying new stuff is not as fun as it used to be and I look at all I have and it is getting overwhelming. Sigh!!:(
I also resolve to get back to creating scrapbook layouts. Scrapping memories was how this all began many moons ago and I have so many beautiful papers that I still want to use for layouts.
I also resolve to be more proactive in getting cards made for occasions. Too often I wait too long to make them and poof the day has come and gone.
I'm so glad for this thread!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

I will reconfigure my small studio for better workflow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:54 AM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Wear it out,
Use it up'
Make it do,
Or do without!!

That is my 2020 crafting resolution. the way I see, I could NOT leave my house for 20 years and craft every day, and still not make a dent in my supplies. I don't think I'll live another 20 years and I probably won't craft every day for the rest of my life, so I don't "really" "need" anything. and that's what I'm gonna try to do for the 2020. at least purchase as little as possible to make do with what I have. (notice I didn't shut myself out of the possibility of making a purchase...hehehehe)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May our day be blessed with good food, surrounded by the people we love and everyone having a grateful heart just to be able to see what the Lord has done for us all since last Thanksgiving. He is ever faithful. hugs, and love, patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:07 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Organize and shop my stash. Organize is the key word here. I have trouble doing that! I go one way and then think, wait, should I............so, wish me luck!

Last edited by Ibrands; 12-02-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:10 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Received 100 Likes on 93 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardy's MomView Post
Your goal sounds almost identical to mine! I need to get an actual craft room set up. Right now I have a "crafty room", which is basically just a catchall for EVERYTHING (ugh). Whenever I want to make a card I find myself going to my crafty room, digging out the supplies that I might need, and taking all of it to the dining room table to work on it in there! Not ideal by any means. :oops:

I feel you!!...I need to find a place for other people's stuff so I can use My CRAP Room!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Same goal as every other year! Stop buying and use what I have.
Won't happen.....but it's my goal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosetresuresView Post
Wear it out,
Use it up'
Make it do,
Or do without!!

That is my 2020 crafting resolution. the way I see, I could NOT leave my house for 20 years and craft every day, and still not make a dent in my supplies. I don't think I'll live another 20 years and I probably won't craft every day for the rest of my life, so I don't "really" "need" anything. and that's what I'm gonna try to do for the 2020. at least purchase as little as possible to make do with what I have. (notice I didn't shut myself out of the possibility of making a purchase...hehehehe)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May our day be blessed with good food, surrounded by the people we love and everyone having a grateful heart just to be able to see what the Lord has done for us all since last Thanksgiving. He is ever faithful. hugs, and love, patty
My feelings exactly! And, I have that saying posted on my craft room wall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My goals for 2020 is to catch up with my granddaughters scrapbooks (I'm three years behind). Also, I have a lot of different techniques that I have been wanting to try but have never had time. I've printed them all out and will try to tackle one each week. The ones I like, I'll put in a notebook to use again. The others I'll just toss, but it will be fun to try them at least the first time.

Roxanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I am GOING to get my re-do of the Mom Cave done so it's calming to come in. It's coming together, but still - needs a lot of work. Some of it is going to be done (!!!) before Saturday and our family Thanksgiving Dinner. I love having 2 work spaces, and I'm slowly putting them together. My craft space is longer but narrower, but I love it. My computer space is a mess. But that will change.

I will shop my stash more - have done better last year, and will continue. But...I do love the new trends in interactive cards, and my family is kind of hooked on seeing what the new thing is when I make them for family occasions...so I won't stop buying new things. And I kind of like some of the new things that come out in kits - that's my "soft spot" - the new gnome kit from Simon Says Stamp is adorable and I'm waiting for that to come in. I justify that because the kits are usually such a good value for product...<G>. Now, if I can just stay out of local stamp stores and Craft Warehouse LOL!

I finally got my new prescription of glasses - it had been 6 years and oh boy, did I need them. I now have a pair for my computer which corrects for my astigmatism. It's wonderful. I love being able to read the laptop from a reasonable distance without having to raise and lower my head all the time, trying to figure out where I could finally see things. I'm thinking this is going to help my creativity pick up a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigtail1View Post
Use my stash...I joined a challenge your stash group this year and will continue with these great paper crafters...the challenge is listed under swaps

Use my dies...I am doing a swap all year long to use my dies...see my signature if interested in joining

Organize...yeah this is yearly for years!!!
Where is the challenge your stash group? I don’t see it under swaps though that could be my tried eyes/brain. Thanks.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Where is the challenge your stash group? I don’t see it under swaps though that could be my tried eyes/brain. Thanks.

Beth
It's here: Creating! Challenge Your Stash Group-Open for New Members too! by barbaralynn at Splitcoaststampers
Link is to the first page of the thread (there are currently 99 pages - it started in 2016)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
It's here: Creating! Challenge Your Stash Group-Open for New Members too! by barbaralynn at Splitcoaststampers
Link is to the first page of the thread (there are currently 99 pages - it started in 2016)

So, I clicked on the link (sniffle) and <sniffle> got told I don't have permission to see that page (sniffle) <sniffle>. How's come I can't go to challenge pages? (whine)<whine></whine></sniffle></sniffle>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the heartView Post
I love the idea of shopping my stash. I resolve to do that in 2020. I find that buying new stuff is not as fun as it used to be and I look at all I have and it is getting overwhelming. Sigh!!:(
I also resolve to get back to creating scrapbook layouts. Scrapping memories was how this all began many moons ago and I have so many beautiful papers that I still want to use for layouts.
I also resolve to be more proactive in getting cards made for occasions. Too often I wait too long to make them and poof the day has come and gone.
I'm so glad for this thread!!

Yes, you know it's time to stop buying when it isn't fun anymore! I also want to get back to scrapbooking because I have so many layouts that are partially finished and just need journaling and a title. I stopped printing photos about about 8 years ago and have a whole backlog on CD to print. In the meantime, there are years and years of old photos in boxes just waiting to be placed on layouts. I know that I'll get re-energized if I just jump in and finish ONE of those pages!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworxView Post
So, I clicked on the link (sniffle) and <sniffle> got told I don't have permission to see that page (sniffle) <sniffle>. How's come I can't go to challenge pages? (whine)<whine></whine></sniffle></sniffle>

I think because it's not one of the daily challenges, which are viewable by anyone, registered member or not, but it's nested under Swaps...which is a group you need to request to join. Click on Join a Group, in the box titled Around the Site on the left side of the screen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2019, 04:10 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post

Thank you, Sue! I was looking under Challenges, not Swaps. The link took me to a page in the middle, though easy to get to the end - or beginning, to read.

But it’s under “closed and creating swaps” yet appears to be a challenge, not a swap? And is not closed? But this is OT* so I can ask the thread owner and let this thread get back to resolutions, which I do not make but admire that others do.

OT = Off Topic
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 03:14 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

My resolutions is that I want to make my stamping more about art than stamping. I am tired and that probably makes no sense whatsoever, lol.

I use to combine my art with my stamping. This year has been so lovely and one of my best stamping years. I did my stamping as embellishments. I noticed when creating my embellishments I went back to my art roots.

My art spending is going to go way down because I am in a good place with my stash. I will still buy things. I am so good about not being influenced with all the tempations in social media. Now, when I buy things it is because it fits my personality. For example I want some art nouveau stamps. I will buy those. I know when I see a cute little bear on IG, for example, I just think that bear is so cute and I move on. I love the bear but I wouldn't use it in my work. I have gotten good at window shopping social media, lol.

I am getting completely out of scrapbooking and journaling. It's time for me. It's come to it's natural end. I am ready.

I want to use my Cricut more. I really love my die cutters- manual & electronic. That has been so much fun for me this year. I have so many great ideas for my Cricut. I hardly can wait.

I am really looking forward to 2020 because I am in such a calm peaceful place with my creativity.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 07:21 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Another goal on my list...
Condense, purge and organize storage shelves and drawers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

Play with my medium collections: Izink Diamond glitter paste, acrylics, alcohol inks, foils; creating backgrounds for future projects...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post

Karen

Hi Karen:

to help you reach your scrapping goal, check out this link here on SCS Scrapbook Goals - Splitcoaststampers These ladies would certainly help you get there and they would love to cheer you on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

I love this thread!!!
U am going to stick to my 2019 plan...it worked!
Make all my card the month before!
And most important, buy a FEW new fun things to complement and utilize my stash♥️♥️♥️
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Great topic. I plan on working on all my online classes I have bought and never looked at for at least 15 minutes every day. And while doing that, I will use my current stash of goodies and avoi buying anything new except consumables. We'll see how long that lasts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We're moving in January and I will move my craft room from a large cabin to a bedroom. I know I'll have to purge a lot of my present stash but in starting it, I've already discovered a lot of things I'd forgotten I had! I'm hoping that once I'm in the new house, I'll do more crafting since I don't have to go out into a cold cabin, often in the rain. No more excuses!!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:06 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

My goal this year is to make a card using every cling/clear stamp set I have. I don't need to do multiple images from one set, just one image or sentiment (or multiple if it fits the card). I want to justify all the stamps I've bought. Another goal is to reopen my Etsy store that has been closed for years. In order to do that, I need more stock as I have given many of the cards I make away, hence the card making challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread! I've got a lot of the same "resolutions" as others have mentioned.

1. Continue shopping my stash as much as possible.

2. Don't buy any more paper! Period. I have stacks of paper pads and 12x12 that it will take me the rest of my lifetime to use up.
3. Try some new techniques, make some interactive cards.
4. Stop comparing myself to other crafters! It only depresses me and hurts my mojo.
Reply With Quote Likes