Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Some Advice

Hi everyone! I'm a long time crafter but I've only recently dived into card making.

So, I kind of went a little crazy on Black Friday and bought a bunch of new supplies. But now they're just sitting there, days later. I'm overwhelmed just staring at all this paper and ribbon.

I'm really struggling with composition/card design. I have all these supplies but I'm not how to use them. Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm scared of making a mistake and wasting my supplies.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is great site for sketches for card design.

http://deconstructingjen.com/the-deconstructed-sketch/

Also if you google your supplies you might get some pictures using them or even check on pinterest.

Do not be afraid of making mistakes, there are no mistakes in art.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh, I completely understand! I have very few original ideas, and when I began making cards I used MANY of the Verve sketches and lots of patterned paper. Since I have gathered more stamps I search on Pinterest by the names of stamp sets to get ideas. I save them by categories but could probably sort them by stamp set, too. If I don't copy them completely, they are at least a fun starting point. Maybe practice your layout on copy paper before stamping and cutting 'the good stuff'. Your cardstock probably costs only 20 to 50 cents per page, and it's better to be brave and use it than to let it sit in the package. Experiment, be daring, check out the Challenges even if you don't enter. You'll find your style and get free-er in your crafting....ENJOY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 06:38 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

On the home page of this site ( or in the challenges section of the forums) there are different kinds of challenges hosted daily. ( today being friday the Mixed Media and Free for all happened) tomorrow is the Inspiration challenge.

one thing I would suggest is poke about in the gallery, off to the left there is a little search box, type something in there that you bought. ( for instance maybe you bought a wreath or holly or what ever it was ) the gallery will re-sort itself and give you thumbnails of other projects that you can click on to see larger.

the fun thing about paper is, its double sided. so if you goof something up messing around, try flipping the paper over and trying it again.

(most people learn as the go) so the more you do, the more you figure out what you like and what you don't.
but, mostly just enjoy it. This is supposed to be a fun thing, not a stressful one.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Welcome to Splitcoast Stampers (SCS), animalangel.

I have been into stamping and card making since 2002.

I am a shameless CASE'r (Copy and Share Everything).

I look at the New Additions to Galleries almost every day for inspiration.
I would suggest copying (CASEing) a card you like. Even if you don't have the exact paper, substitute something you do have.

It will give you some confidence.

Use your papers and other products. It will allow you to buy new stuff as your tastes change. Also, please send your creations to family and friends.

Good Luck and come back to SCS for any help you need. Happy Stampin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2019, 04:54 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

We all learn differently and are drawn to different styles and methods and techniques. For me it’s about taking a class or classes, or reading/viewing videos about card making. If you have an LSS - local stamp shop - in your area, they may offer classes.

This may help - and even mentions asking questions here at SCS:
http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/ma...for-beginners/

Some on-line card classes that you pay for, but they often run specials. You might like the first clean and simple class:
Home - Online Card Classes

Google “Cardmaking 101” - lots will pop up.

What helps one person won’t help another, so if you don’t enjoy something, consider whether it’s because more practice is needed, or it just doesn’t ring your chimes. For example, I don’t enjoy coloring, though learned enough to do some so I could decide if it was lack of skill or a mis-match. It’s the same with challenges: some fit and are inspiring but others not at all. Just because some people love something it doesn’t mean you will and vice versa.

And welcome!

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2019, 05:03 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to go get some student grade cardstock and just play around with techniques, layout design, etc. Especially at the start of this crazy hobby, there's plenty you'll want to toss, but a lot of satisfaction as you discover how things go. Student grade makes that learning curve easier to accept. Perfectionism was my biggest road block to enjoying making cards, and student grade materials really helped me give myself permission to just play around and see what happens.

Also, if you can print out or save to a folder on your computer whatever it is that inspired you to buy what you bought, you can go back and use that to focus on one thing and jump in there. I have a binder of cards inspiration for the stamp sets I have, another one for techniques and layout, and a longgggg list of links in a computer folder of beautiful cards and wonderful creators who explain how they put their lovelies together. When I'm having trouble coming up with a plan or having a hard time getting focused those are where I go.

Welcome to this crazy adventure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you everyone, for all the links and advice! I wasn't expecting such an outpouring of support and kindness
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

On this link, right here on Splitcoaststampers, are lots of downloadable sketches.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.

Last edited by bensarmom; 12-10-2019 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: add link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
I am a shameless CASE'r (Copy and Share Everything).

I look at the New Additions to Galleries almost every day for inspiration.
I would suggest copying (CASEing) a card you like. Even if you don't have the exact paper, substitute something you do have.

It will give you some confidence.

Use your papers and other products. It will allow you to buy new stuff as your tastes change.

Welcome!

I agree with what she said, however, I have always thought of CASE-ing more as Copy and Substitute Everything. This is what I do with most of the cards I make.

I see a card that I think is just beautiful, awesome or whatever and then try to do something very similar but substituting the backgrounds, the bling, the images, the ribbon, etc.

If you can take a class, that would probably be helpful. It would give you some basics to work off from and then you'll be off and running in no time!

Good luck! The more you do, the more confident you will become.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 654 Likes on 439 Posts

I have been card making for a number of years and still find all the goodies a bit overwhelming. As stated above, everyone looks to different places for inspiration. I, too, am a confirmed CAS'er and I look to the blog for the stamp manufacturer for most of my inspiration. I also have a few card artist blogs I routinely view. And, I have joined a few "closed" groups for different stamp companies/artists on Facebook. But, all this help can be equally overwhelming so you might want to find just a couple sites (here, Pinterest, YouTube, stamp blogs) that you are particularly drawn to and start there. Good Luck. I am sure you will love this craft once you jump in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

These two sites have many videos to teach you how to use just about everything that has to do with card making...also, get on their mailing list and you will receive helpful videos:
Home - Gina K Designs
Hi There - Jennifer McGuire Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Instead of thinking of it as a mistake, think of it as modifying your original idea Ü
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

This time of the year when I'm mass producing cards for the holidays I like to watch videos by Kristie Macotte for inspiration to burn through my 6x6 paper pads and select 12x12 papers. After the holiday madness I focus on creating my own backgrounds playing with various mediums/products that I've acquired during the holiday sale season. I just build up a stash of backgrounds to use later. Have fun and try doing a little something every day and before you know it you'll be on a roll. Creative play is good for the soul.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Some Stampin Up demonstrators have card class for a small fee. One demo near me charges $10 for three cards or free with a $25 catalog purchase. I got a lot of my basic techniques from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 03:20 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Practicing and experimenting in order to learn and improve your skills is not a waste of time or materials. It’s development and a lot cheaper than many classes. It’s what professional artists (and learners of any skill) do.

Get yourself a cheap 3-hole punch, an inexpensive 3-ring binder and a pack of smooth but inexpensive cardstock. Work out your ideas and practice them, and KEEP them in your binder. Write notes to yourself about what worked and what changes you ended up making. Practice your stamping techniques and keep notes on the sheets about what worked and didn’t. Test out and experiment with new supplies, etc.

This is your art journal and lab notes. Weed it, when you feel like you don’t need some pages any more, etc. Own it. It’s your work. It’s not a waste.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 03:41 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Another thought for the perfectionist in you: if you don't already have one, get yourself a stamp platform. There are many out there, but my personal favorite is the Tonic Tim Holtz Travel Platform. The size is perfect for card making and the price is right. You can find it usually for between $19.99 and $24.00 on the web. It is sturdy and switches easily between clear and cling rubber backed stamps. Talk about a supply saver!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 03:59 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Just a note to animalangel that this thread has a mountain of good suggestions to cull through and decide which one(s) appeal(s) to you. One size does not fit all. Even some popular suggestions aren’t right for many others. That’s 100% okay.

And if you have certain types of cards you’re drawn to, we can give you some bloggers/vloggers to follow. Clean & Simple, highly embellished, vintage - whatever floats your boat.

Also feel free to email or PM people here if you need specific help that you’d rather like to be one on one.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 05:58 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Another thought for the perfectionist in you: if you don't already have one, get yourself a stamp platform. There are many out there, but my personal favorite is the Tonic Tim Holtz Travel Platform. The size is perfect for card making and the price is right. You can find it usually for between $19.99 and $24.00 on the web. It is sturdy and switches easily between clear and cling rubber backed stamps. Talk about a supply saver!

I agree about getting a stamp positioning tool but be aware that the Holtz ones are no longer made (patent issues with the Misti) and they may be hard to find at a decent price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 06:07 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cottage PaperView Post
I agree about getting a stamp positioning tool but be aware that the Holtz ones are no longer made (patent issues with the Misti) and they may be hard to find at a decent price.

They’re still available, often at a good price. Whether it’s a Tim positioner, Misti, or one from another company, I agree it makes stamping much easier since if you don’t get a good impression at first, by always placing the cardstock in the corner, you can re-stamp perfectly over the original image. (Many times I don’t use a magnet.)

It’s still useful to learn to use acrylic blocks. Example: if I’m going to scatter tiny images on the card, it’s much faster to use a block. Sometimes tiny stamps will be put on more than one corner of the block for even more efficiency. (A Jennifer McGuire hint.) Just my take. YMMV.* I love my blocks. :shock:

*Your Mileage May Vary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

I haven't been card making for long, but learned watching YouTube and looking at Pinterest for ideas. Keep in mind- there isn't really a wrong way ti do a card. It's just paper, so what's the worse that can happen? The only rules you need to worry about is if you have products that need to be used a certain way so that you don't stain your furniture or burn your hand (if you are using a heat tool). Of course some products you need to use particular ways for them to work correctly. I would pick an item in your stash that you want to use and search on YouTube or Pinterest for ideas to get started using it. As far as cards go, the only things you have to have is a blank card base or card stock to make a card and adhesive to adhere your paper or decorations. After that, you can decorate it however you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsnoopyView Post
I haven't been card making for long, but learned watching YouTube and looking at Pinterest for ideas. Keep in mind- there isn't really a wrong way ti do a card. It's just paper, so what's the worse that can happen? The only rules you need to worry about is if you have products that need to be used a certain way so that you don't stain your furniture or burn your hand (if you are using a heat tool). Of course some products you need to use particular ways for them to work correctly. I would pick an item in your stash that you want to use and search on YouTube or Pinterest for ideas to get started using it. As far as cards go, the only things you have to have is a blank card base or card stock to make a card and adhesive to adhere your paper or decorations. After that, you can decorate it however you want.

Yubetube is a great source for inspiration and to refresh your memory on how to use a product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven’t read the whole thread so I hope this isn’t a duplicate. If I’m overwhelmed I start with choosing just one item to start with. Or one stamp and die set. Then I try to remember why I loved it. I check my Pinterest saved stuff to see if I added a photo to remind me. I have a board just for ideas based on stuff I’ve purchased or plan to purchase.

If still no ideas, I visit the manufacturers page for that item. They often have ideas posted if you click where they have more views of what the item looks like. Or check their blog. If still nothing I’d Google the item like this ‘manufacturer name-item name-type of product (stamp set, die whatever). That usually brings up ideas that were often made by the design team.

I also check what I already have in my stash that might coordinate. I’m fortunate to have started a database years ago so I can search for a relevant tag. I also think about what paper I have or techniques that might go with. By this time I usually have too many ideas and have to narrow it down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Welcome!
I would say first things first...you will need to get rid of the perfectionist. This is a messy, fun hobby and perfect just will make you nuts and UNhappy.

I dont know anyone after doing this forever who does not still throw stuff away. We keep learning and that takes practice and "round filing". (garbage)

I dont think anyone mentioned Justine Hovey's classes. One flat low price gets you tons of stuff you can download and look at over and over. She is doing a major review of techniques. As will ALL classes you do NOT have to have the exact stamp. You can do it with what you have. You can switch out alcohol pens, stamps pads, pencils etc.

Buy Classes – Justine's Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KendelView Post
Practicing and experimenting in order to learn and improve your skills is not a waste of time or materials. It’s development and a lot cheaper than many classes. It’s what professional artists (and learners of any skill) do.

Get yourself a cheap 3-hole punch, an inexpensive 3-ring binder and a pack of smooth but inexpensive cardstock. Work out your ideas and practice them, and KEEP them in your binder. Write notes to yourself about what worked and what changes you ended up making. Practice your stamping techniques and keep notes on the sheets about what worked and didn’t. Test out and experiment with new supplies, etc.

This is your art journal and lab notes. Weed it, when you feel like you don’t need some pages any more, etc. Own it. It’s your work. It’s not a waste.
This is the most brilliant idea EVER!!! I have everything you've listed to make such a binder and would never, ever have thought of this, but it makes so much sense! Adding this idea to my goals for the upcoming year (especially since another one is to try new techniques). THANK YOU!!!

As an aside to the OP (and others): I've been stamping/papercrafting for 30 years now, but there is still ALWAYS something new to keep it fresh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I learned early on that mistakes are just opportunities to find a way to do something different than I'd originally planned (embellishment anyone?, cut that piece of paper differently? etc.). Sometimes it is bad enough to think it needs tossing. When that happens, I usually finish up the card, though, because I'll learn something from doing all the steps and who knows? I might end up with a layer, or an image that I like and will use later? Or it might end up decorating part of my organizational stuff <G>.

Start simply - a layer or two and a bit of texture. When I began I always started with a background which I might have used an embossing folder on, and a focal image layer. I might have gotten "fancy" with a bit of ribbon on it! Or I might have even gotten bold enough to use a die cut or two!

That will get you going - and then you can decide from there what you want to do...there's lots to figure out and it just takes practice.

But play with all those new fangled things you have - don't let them sit idle. It may not work the first one or nine times around...but keep at it. You bought them for a reason. Something appealed to you. And if you can't figure something out, find someone through your local stamp store, either locally owned or a place like JOANNs or Michael's who can help. There are always folks around who can help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 05:46 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with what others have said- start CASEing! I find that always helps get me going when I've lost my mojo or I'm feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
This is the most brilliant idea EVER!!! I have everything you've listed to make such a binder and would never, ever have thought of this, but it makes so much sense! Adding this idea to my goals for the upcoming year (especially since another one is to try new techniques). THANK YOU!!!

As an aside to the OP (and others): I've been stamping/papercrafting for 30 years now, but there is still ALWAYS something new to keep it fresh!

Brilliant idea - for many! For me? Homework capital H, to be avoided and rebelled against my entire life. I wish I was different but I’m the same. ;)

I haven’t even begun the brilliant Justine Hovey binder class that I enrolled in. Not true: I bought the baseball card pocket sheets she recommended. Months ago. :mrgreen:

But keeping track in the Gallery or attaching a note to a sample, duplicate or background is sometimes done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Brilliant idea - for many! For me? Homework capital H, to be avoided and rebelled against my entire life. I wish I was different but I’m the same. ;)

I haven’t even begun the brilliant Justine Hovey binder class that I enrolled in. Not true: I bought the baseball card pocket sheets she recommended. Months ago. :mrgreen:

But keeping track in the Gallery or attaching a note to a sample, duplicate or background is sometimes done.
It's only homework if you're doing it separate and apart from the regular creating. I'm viewing this as a place to park my "mistakes" so I can learn from them, lol...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
It's only homework if you're doing it separate and apart from the regular creating. I'm viewing this as a place to park my "mistakes" so I can learn from them, lol...
Still homework aka an assignment. I know my weird brain - since I procrastinate even making things I love making, this would cause more procrastination. But a great idea!

ETA All the ideas here are super - like a rich menu we select from.

Last edited by bjeans; 12-12-2019 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 03:12 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You can't really waste your supplies. A "mistake", such as smudges, imperfect stamping, cutting incorrectly, is an opportunity. You just have to change direction a little. If embracing imperfection is not in your makeup, then you will find ways to hide that smudge, or use that miss-cut piece somewhere else. Figure out a system that works for you to store your scraps and extra stamped or die cut images. You can comeback to these later. I have one of those 12x12 holders with 6 dividers I keep my scraps in color groups, but there are many systems out there. Using your supplies is more satisfying than hoarding them, and then you can buy more new, pretty stuff.
As suggested, browse the gallery, Pinterest, youtube- there is loads of inspiration out there. Just have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 AM   #32  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftydollsView Post
You can't really waste your supplies. A "mistake", such as smudges, imperfect stamping, cutting incorrectly, is an opportunity. You just have to change direction a little.

Just have fun!

I could not love this more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 06:04 AM   #33  
Glitter Queen

Lots of great advice here for you to sift through and consider. One additional thing I would suggest is to purchase some "Undo". It works well to release Tombow and other glues if you find you don't like something that you've glued down and want to change its position or swap it out for something else. That way you don't need to toss all your work just because one part is not the way you want it. It works well with card stock and patterned paper, just not watercolour paper.

Have fun playing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairemView Post
Lots of great advice here for you to sift through and consider. One additional thing I would suggest is to purchase some "Undo". It works well to release Tombow and other glues if you find you don't like something that you've glued down and want to change its position or swap it out for something else. That way you don't need to toss all your work just because one part is not the way you want it. It works well with card stock and patterned paper, just not watercolour paper.

Have fun playing!

So smart, great reminder. And don’t worry about the mark it leaves; it will evaporate.

Link to a bunch of super short videos using it, including some for paper crafters (scrapbookers) and my fave - how to use un-du to remove duct tape from toilet paper. :shock:
un-du® - How-To

Along that vein, a few tape runners as well as StickIt (an adhesive sheet) are forgiving about gently removing cardstock or a die cut and putting it back on if you don’t press when first adhering it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 219 Likes on 158 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalangelView Post
Thank you everyone, for all the links and advice! I wasn't expecting such an outpouring of support and kindness
That is what this site is all about! And sharing our creativity, no matter how each one of us defines "creativity"! Welcome, hope to see more of you, and follow your crafty journey!
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, ..." ~~1 Thess. 4:11 (NIV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #36  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
So smart, great reminder. And don’t worry about the mark it leaves; it will evaporate.

Link to a bunch of super short videos using it, including some for paper crafters (scrapbookers) and my fave - how to use un-du to remove duct tape from toilet paper. :shock:
un-du® - How-To

Along that vein, a few tape runners as well as StickIt (an adhesive sheet) are forgiving about gently removing cardstock or a die cut and putting it back on if you don’t press when first adhering it.
Wow! Where can I get me some of that? It looks even easier than goo gone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #37  
Glitter Queen

Here in Canada, I get Un-do at Michael's when I have a good coupon. Otherwise it's quite pricey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #38  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairemView Post
Here in Canada, I get Un-do at Michael's when I have a good coupon. Otherwise it's quite pricey.
Now that you mention it, I believe I've seen it at my Michaels! I need to print a coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I go to these 2 websites all year long and I enter challenges.

Challenges for Days and http://paperplayful.blogspot.com/

It helps me think "outside the box" and I put color combinations together that I never would've dreamed would go together ... The sketches are fun too

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #40  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Now that you mention it, I believe I've seen it at my Michaels! I need to print a coupon!
@ Kathy, I have the Michaels coupon bookmarked on my phone so it's always with me and no need to waste printer paper and ink.
Reply With Quote Likes