Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2019, 01:17 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever use Queen & Co?

I was scrolling through Facebook earlier and an ad for Queen & Co came up. They were showcasing the cutest cards. So naturally, I went over to their site and fell in love with quite a few of their things, especially the card kits.

It seemed though, that just about everytime I clicked on an item that I liked, it was sold out. I'm talking about just about everything that I clicked on. Is this normal? Granted, it was mostly all Christmas themed but some of the kits that I was interested in were older kits and all but maybe 2 were sold out. And I'm assuming the other items that were sold out were popular items, I don't know.

I did click on the "click here to be notified when back in stock" button on all of the rest. But I'm curious if they normally restock everything and if so, how long does it usually take?

It's really not a big deal since I wouldn't be using these kits for this years cards since mine are just about done, but just curious if it was normal for them to be sold out of a lot of their stuff. Guess I could start a little "Queen & Co" fund and place a big order next year (prob in the summer) for next years cards LOL

And for those who have ordered/used them, how is their quality? I've noticed they have a lot of shaker card kits. I've never done them but really like them. Do they require extra postage due to their bulkiness?

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

I can't answer most of your questions, as I've only ordered from them once, and it was for a special they had. A few years back they sold a washi tape bundle that came with a scaled-down shopping cart. The cart is metal, the "baby seat" works and the wheels roll - it's the cutest thing! Anyway, the quality of the tapes was excellent and it wouldn't surprise me at all if everything was, indeed, sold out because people who do use them often are pretty enthusiastic...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 06:17 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I remember that, Sue - I think we were all enchanted or in a trance - and the shopping cart is still in my kitchen on a shelf, filled with tiny boxes I made!

Queen & Company is super - not that I use many products, since I don’t make shakers or embellish much. But the one time I phoned them with a question, one of the owners spent a good 15-20 minutes explaining products and how something worked, and invited me to call again any time. An LSS used to carry many of their products. And they’re regulars at Stamp & SB Expos, always with nice show specials, sometimes with neat containers - like for washi tape or the shopping cart like Sue mentioned. Good peeps.

Oh - I haven’t dealt with sold-out items, but the company is very popular, so am not surprised this time of year. But if you contact them I bet they’ll give you what info they have about restocking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For those who loved the shopping cart w/ Washi Tape - I believe it's coming back for Black Friday! I got their email with previews of their upcoming sales. It made me smile, I remember last year how many people loved it! I personally love Queen & Co. I have only bought 3 of their shaker sets, for the price - it's AMAZING how many dies you get alone, let alone embellishments and everything you get in the kit. It is true that often times items are sold out. Which I agree, can be frustrating. I'm actually going to email the company now and ask them about restocking and will update this thread. There are a few I've been eyeing forever and they are continually sold out. But for those who do love this company - they have great sales on embellishments through-out the year, and their black friday sales, always give me butterflies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Oh no, enabling at work. Now they have a metal shopping basket. The quality of the little cart was shockingly good. Need basket. Sold out.

BTW, their booth is always slammed at the Stamp & SB Expo here. And they’re upbeat and friendly from early a.m. to closing.

https://queenandcompany.com/collecti...ly-bird-basket
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I just bought a couple sets of their Foundations dies which were out of stock. I had sent an email inquiring if they were going to be restocked and they sent a warm and prompt response. Just got the dies yesterday and they look of great quality. I am excited to use them soon.
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. 1 John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Out of Stock" button on their site usually means one of two things - (1) It's new and they want to start getting it ready to sell, want to show a teaser of it, and the website requires them to put something there for value so they choose "out of stock" until they're ready to have it up and sell, or (2) it's out of stock. Either way, the quickest way to ensure that you know when it's up for sale and in stock is to put your email into the part where you ask to be notified of when it's back in stock.

As for quality of products, they're great. They're also really nice people. The company is not huge and they work really hard to try to give great customer service and produce quality products people will enjoy using for a long time.

Their dies are good quality. They're about to release outline dies to match many of their sets. Those will allow you to cut your own outlines for the outsides of the shaker boxes/shapes. They also sell the foam and acetate together in sheets so you can use their dies to cut as many shaker boxes as you want in the future. Or, you can buy the precut ones for faster cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Oh no, enabling at work. Now they have a metal shopping basket. The quality of the little cart was shockingly good. Need basket. Sold out.

BTW, their booth is always slammed at the Stamp & SB Expo here. And they’re upbeat and friendly from early a.m. to closing.

https://queenandcompany.com/collecti...ly-bird-basket

This basket is really cute in person and nice quality. I got it as one of the things they give you when you attend a Queen For A Day event. They plan to release them on Friday and they're very popular, so act quickly when you get the email that they're in stock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 02:07 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Kristie on her blog "the best things in life are pink" often features their shaker kits. http://eponinekc.blogspot.com/ She is the blogger who also does the tutorials on how to turn an entire 6" paper pad into a set of cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Queen & Co. make quality products; I use their pearls, water drops, etc., all of the time. They have exceptional customer service, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Love Queen & Co! I have ordered from them many times. I bought their Halloween Shaker kit last year. When I was ready to make the cards this year, I couldn’t remember how to use the papers, etc.. I called them and they sent me lots of info. Their customer service is A+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Queen & Co

Their Black Friday starts 11/29 so they may just have everything set to sold out until then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 05:52 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I love Queen & Co. I order from them often. Love their Dies and Kits. And if you get to attend a class they are awesome as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks!!!

My next question is........their shaker card kits. Can you order these kits but just make "regular" cards and not use the shaker feature?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 07:34 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslexView Post
Thanks!!!

My next question is........their shaker card kits. Can you order these kits but just make "regular" cards and not use the shaker feature?

No! Shaker Police make arrests for that and lesser shaker violations. :shock:

That was a lie. Yes. Though you’re paying for supplies that wouldn’t be used. Some kits wouldn’t make sense; others could. Suggestion: to call to ask the owner which would work. They also sell non-shaker card kits, though you probably saw that.

Last edited by bjeans; 11-27-2019 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2019, 11:58 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes I did see they sell non shaker kits. I'm really only interested in Christmas stuff. I'm wondeirng if I only buy the outline dies if I could recreate a few of the cards (minus the shaker). I'm thinking so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
No! Shaker Police make arrests for that and lesser shaker violations. :shock:

That was a lie. Yes. Though you’re paying for supplies that wouldn’t be used. Some kits wouldn’t make sense; others could. Suggestion: to call to ask the owner which would work. They also sell non-shaker card kits, though you probably saw that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 02:46 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I can't say enough good things about Queen & Co! Our family has used heir products for years.

Shortly after my sister was diagnosed with terminal cancel, she sent a little note to them as she placed her last order. She told them how much she had loved working with their products in her scrapbooking and how her family would be seeing their items for hopefully generations to come. The sweet owner sent her a package of their products and a kind note that just meant the world to my sister. They are truly a class act!!!
Reply With Quote Likes