Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2019, 12:19 AM   #1  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Roll Call

Hi Everyone!

I thought it would be great to know who is part of this group - whether you chat in the monthly thread or just browse the information and then send cards....I would love to know who you are. So if you are comfortable, please post on this thread and include your name (first and last) and tell us anything you would like about yourself. Also, only if you are comfortable, I would love to have your mailing address. If you are willing to share that with me you can PM me or email me at [email protected].

I'll start us off....my name is Zella and I live in Ohio with my hubby (Russ) and our two furry children - Boots (who is pictured as my avatar) and Willow. I've been stamping for gee, has it really been over 10 years? Where has the time gone! My style has changed over the years. I used to try to do everything and thought I had to have every tool and every new gadget...but over the years I have learned that I'm really a basic card maker...I don't do a lot of layers or embellishments. I wouldn't say I'm CAS but very close. I also crochet quite a bit. I do work full time so my crafting time is limited but I do when I can and find it relaxing. I've come to love this group and am honored to be part of it and this great community.

My address:

Zella Turley
437 Bell St
Barberton, OH 44203

God bless you for all you do!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would consider myself more of a "lurker." I participate every month sending cards, but rarely comment or post information. (As you can plainly see from the number of posts on my profile information) I just like to look. I live in E. PA.
I've been stamping and/or scrapbooking for about 20 years.
I hope more folks join in to tell about themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm Diane. Live in Carolina Shores, NC - about 20 miles north of Myrtle Beach (originally from NY) - with my husband and my bichon, Mia. I have 2 sons who are both out of the house . Been stamping for about 20 years. I consider myself a plain and simple stamper - I don't use a lot of embellishments. I'm also Operation Quiet Comfort's Card Project coordinator which has been a past recipient of all your wonderful cards.

Last edited by DLS881; 11-13-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Nice to know more about you Zella and CJ Wink.

I hope everyone will join in and share a little about themselves.

My name is Jeri. I live in beautiful western Montana. I was born and raised here but have also lived in Colorado Springs, CO and Phoenix, AZ. I have been back in MT for 12 years.

I started stamping about 30 years ago. I always enjoy learning new things. I try to do many of the challenges here on SCS. I generally don't like my cards to be to bulky for mailing purposes. I also don't do too many techniques that are too involved of messy. I like to accomplish something in the time I have which sometimes seems very limited.

I am retired and I take care of my 90 year- old mother. She has dementia which can be challenging.

I have been on SCS for 10 years. The last couple of years I have enjoyed sending cards to Cards for a Cause. At first it was kind of sporadic, but now I try to make about 25 cards per month for the featured group.

I also try to send a card whenever some one has a card request on SCS. I really believe that cards can truly brighten a person's day.

Happy crafting everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I like the idea of sharing a few personal things with this group. So far have enjoyed hearing about some of the group’s participants. I'm a Jersey Girl through and through. I’ve been married to John for 43 years and I have three sons, two of whom are married to wonderful young women who I love like my own daughters. My third son, for years, was with a beautiful young women who passed away from Cystic Fibrosis this past year – and he has, for a time, moved back home.

I’ve always “crafted” in one form or another (crochet, crewel, needlework, baking, wood working, to name a few) but have only been making cards for about 10 years. About 15 years ago I went through a very difficult time and began writing to release some of the pressure. I birthed two published books from that experience and when I decided to stop writing (being an author is way harder than it looks and it is not at all glamorous – LOL) I began making cards. I have a very stressful day job that requires a lot of concentration and detail to minutiae, so writing was like taking on a second full-time job. Crafting, in its many forms, allows me to use the creative side of my brain so that I relax. I refuse to sell any of my work, so there is no pressure.

I am a Christian who has been blessed in so many ways. I like to use my crafts to help others. I made 130 hats for homeless this year and, of course, you know how wonderfully this group serves many different organizations. I LOVE this group!

Louise DuMont
24 Welch Road
Ringwood, NJ 07456

Grace by the Cup: A Break from the Daily Grind
Faith Dipped Chocolate: Rich Encouragement to Sweeten Your Day

Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 761 Likes on 548 Posts

Thank you, Zella, for your enthusiasm and hard work in this group! My name is Rita and I live in Virginia with my hubby of 44 years and our collie, Buddy. I've been a card maker for 25 years. I love making and sending cards of encouragement. This is the first month that I've participated in Cards for a Cause and I hope to have the time to continue sending cards in the future.

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-18-2019, 02:44 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not normally one for these things - preferring to quietly slip into the background in support roles, running the other way when the spotlight turns in my direction, usually with Hubby leading the way.
I'm Gina, wife and HEA to Dan, and we are being drug painfully into our metal years - gold in our teeth, silver in our hair, and lead in our... well you get the picture.

We've a now-too-big home in SW Florida, the kids having abandoned us years ago! We're happy here, both on the short downhill slide towards Retirement. We're close enough we're looking for ways to stay active, instead of slipping into the dreaded 'retirement syndrome' of rotation through hospital and rehab and assisted care we see so frequently down here in Retired-folks-central.

I've always been a crafter - and imparted some of that love to my girls, who today both display crafty and creative tenancies. I went to the Annual Scrapbook Expo with my eldest this past spring, and hope to repeat that adventure next year! I've conquered crocheting, liquid stained glass, cake decorating, and spent quite a while with counted crosss-stitch and needlepoint, until it gave me headaches. Then i started with Scrap-booking, which quickly evolved into card making, and that's where I've been for several years, having amassed enough craft supplies to open my own store. I started with donations to Operation Write Home, and when she shut down found Split Coast Stampers.

We're both still working, i'm an IT Business Analyst supporting one location in a highly recognizable international company. In my spare time, around work and cooking and crafting, we're taking care of our last surviving parent, preparing slowly for retirement, and volunteering as much as we can with the Collier-Lee Honor Flight hub.

And Greatly appreciate this group and your tolerance as i run late on donations - Not lack of caring - just more time being co-opted by outside influences than I'd planned! But I love having somewhere to guide my creativity and where to send creations to!

And to quote Mel - That's All Folks!
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-20-2019, 05:35 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm Sharon. I live in Michigan and am a widow. I have two adult children and retired. I have been cardmaking for about 15 years. I enjoy sending cards to C4AC, and I also participate in the weekly challenges. I belong to a travel group and do some day trips every now and then. Thank you, Zella, for all your hard work with this fantastic group.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 11-28-2019, 10:52 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cathy Roler here. I'm another lurker. Married 48 years to my love, Mark. Living in Olive Branch, MS for about 14 years. I've always crafted, doing most kinds of needle arts but now concentrating mostly on quilting and making cards. Couldn't quite find my niche with cards until last year when I discovered dies! It's put the fun into making cards for me! I used to make cards for my dad to give monthly when he lived in senior apts. Now that he's gone, I found Bring Smiles to Seniors thru SCS and made my first donation of 129 cards (several months' worth) to them recently, and plan to continue. I've donated to a couple other causes too, so I never know what will strike my fancy. I have some health challenges that keep me home but I'm not crazy yet! Glad to be part of this group of generous givers.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello from Woodland CA outside of Sacramento. I am a lurker but have sent packages of cards to groups listed here on Cards for a Cause several times in the past few years. I am a scrapbooker and a SU! Hobby Demo, and sell cards at a local shop. Every few months I check out Cards for a Cause and go through my stash and put together a box.

Listening to a Scrapbooking pod cast today and one of the ladies mentioned how she wanted to create and actually send a handmade card to someone! She has stamps, is a scrapbooker but never actually created/sent a card! And she did comment on how special she feels when she finds one in her mail box.

Keep up the good work Ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-18-2020, 10:26 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Hi! My name is Denise Dolder. I have been making cards for about 3 years now. Before that, I dabbled in crochet, knitting, and scrapbooking, but card making seems to be my crafty niche now. This will be my first time participating in cards for a cause. There are many times that I make cards without a particular person in mind and they end up sitting in my stash for a while, so this group will be perfect. Thanks for the opportunity to participate!
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-18-2020, 05:00 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Hi! My name is Adriana and I live in Florida (you probably guessed that from my SCS name

i have always loved crafts but my favorite is definitely card making. I started about 15 years ago and can’t seem to stop!

I participate in the challenges here every now and then. It depends on how much time I have to craft and If I have given my cards away as gifts to friends! Probably my favorite C4AC challenge so far was the tag toppers for Brighter Smiles but it’s fun to have a reason to make so many cards for different reasons and occasions.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cards for a cause

I have been sending cards to the cards for a cause group for several years. I keep the names and addresses and send to them when the month is over. If things change , I sometimes get a note that the group is no longer taking cards, they then give the cards to a group they know who can use them or send them back. My name is Linda Wood I've been making cards since 2011. I live in Iowa I have never posted to this group as I don't know how to water mark my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:44 AM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Received 158 Likes on 137 Posts

My name is Kathi and I've been stamping for about 15 years.  Like so many of you, I've dabbled in other crafts and I especially love counted cross stitch but just can't seem to find the time anymore.  I've participated in Cards for A Cause off and on for several years and love it.  I'm retired and live in Maryland with my hubby Dean of 21 years, we have three Golden Retrievers and a rat terrier who keep us on our toes!  I also have 2 adult children and 2 adult grandchildren from a previous marriage.  Thank you Zella for all you do for this wonderful cause!
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Received 158 Likes on 137 Posts

Not sure where all those extra characters came from in my previous post, when I go to edit, they disappear!  I guess it's some kind of glitch at the moment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2020, 06:20 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sometimes, not always

My name is Terri, and I live in Ohio.  I'm legally blind (for 30 yrs), and I've been stamping since 2003 (when I retired with disability from teaching high school math).  Married 10 years, no children except for our three dogs.  Oh yeah, I volunteer at our local humane society (lucky to only have 3 dogs).  I make cards (instead of therapy), and they usually don't have a destination...that's what brought me here.

Hope I did this right.  It's been a while since I've been active on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by blindstamper:
LindaBabe (06-13-2021), russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 02-01-2020, 05:34 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I'm Mac, I live in W PA and I've been card making for about 40 years.  i started out with needle punch cards and using construction paper, then did some hand embroidery cards.  Found rubber stamping in about 1993 and now have a card ministry. I send cards to all our church members for birthdays, anniversaries, get well, congrats, sympathy, etc. plus I make and sell cards with proceeds going for our church Care Jar.  I am a member of Spellbinders small die of the month, I have 3 Cricut machines, a Slice, Gemini JR, Diamond Press and recently a Craft Buddy.  (My cricuts are the original baby bug, the first Expression, and the Special Anniversary Edition with the 4 preloaded carts).  I belong to a Stampin' Up Workshop and we meet once a month.  I send cards for Cards for a Cause, Teapot Tuesday and Soldiers Angels.  I haven't learned to upload a card, but hope to figure it out this year.  I'm not into heavy embellishments, mostly dies, and now the metal dies,  as anyone would guess by my machines.  Glad to be aboard.  I too do more lurking than posting.. but enjoy my retired time doing paper crafts. 

Mac
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 02-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #18  
Glitter Queen

I'm Kate from NJ and have consistently (which is a big thing for me) contributed the last 2 years.  I'm a pre-school teacher and mom to 4 of my own so any chance I can get, I stamp!   I'm not too tech savvy, so I only post on Instagram (@katedeignancards)  I donate most of the cards I make to Cards for a Cause, Cardz for Kidz, Bringing Smiles to Seniors, Send a Smile 4 kids, and anywhere else I can find with a need (it justifies my spending!)  I've been card making for over 15 years now.   Thanks for all you do to keep us organized! 
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 02-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Happy Valentine's Day from chilly Lebanon, Ohio (it's 10 here this morning with a wind chill of 0)!  My name is Donna and I too do a lot of lurking.  Have been into stamping since 1995 when a neighbor took me to a Stampin' Up party.  I was hooked.  My husband of 43 years refers to my demonstrator as my dealer.  I love to try new techniques and really got into die cuts and embossing when I found a  Big Shot at Goodwill for $8! I am a member of a cat club that also exchanges cards. And am an avid birder and love to crochet.  Nice to see so many crafty people on this site.

Last edited by RileyRuxpin; 02-14-2020 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 02-14-2020, 07:26 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by katesstampingView Post
I'm Kate from NJ and have consistently (which is a big thing for me) contributed the last 2 years.  I'm a pre-school teacher and mom to 4 of my own so any chance I can get, I stamp!   I'm not too tech savvy, so I only post on Instagram (@katedeignancards)  I donate most of the cards I make to Cards for a Cause, Cardz for Kidz, Bringing Smiles to Seniors, Send a Smile 4 kids, and anywhere else I can find with a need (it justifies my spending!)  I've been card making for over 15 years now.   Thanks for all you do to keep us organized! 
  Oooo... and other Jersey Girl.  Not too many paper crafters in NJ. I'm for way up in Jersey (5 min from the NY border). You anywhere near there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamps for Smiles

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey friends! I'm a lurker here myself and I've been stamping and on SCS for several years. I really like the thought of having a place to send my cards out for a good smile to pass along. I'm not always able to participate because of time managment (on my part), but I sure plan on sending out lots of cards in the future as my time restraints will be changing in the near future. I love this online community group and what this particular challenge stands for. I really look forward to participating more!

I live in the midwest (about 40 miles away from the Mississippi River) and enjoy the changing seasons...yes, even the cold and snow! LOL! Thanks for keeping this challenge going every month!
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Hi all,

I'm Sharon from GA. I'm usually more of a lurker/stalker kind of gal! I love stamping and have been a SU demo since December of 2012. I am my own best customer! My hubby and I have been together for 39 years and married for 31 in July. We have a soon to be 26 year old son.
Kate,I don't know if you remember but you are the one who got me started doing this. I saw your post on Instagram and some cards you posted got my attention. You directed me to Bring Smiles to Seniors and this group. I have been hooked ever since. I love to make cards! Mine are simple cards that I can make in bulk but I do like to do some fancier ones for friends and family.
Like most of us, I have more supplies than I will ever use. I've enjoyed going through things and using them or donating them. In addition to card making I love to scrap. I have temporarily put that on the back burner. I've had quite a few losses in the last few years and it is hard for me to pick up the pictures and start working again.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2020, 06:15 PM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm from Fayetteville, Arkansas. I've been married almost 25 years to my best friend Jeff and we have two girls who are 17 and 19 who are crafty/artsy so I can get them to do painting or card-making with me sometimes. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs and 3 chickens. We enjoy feeding and watching the birds and squirrels too.

I've been visiting and posting on Splitcoast since 2004. My mom is my biggest stamping buddy and we share our ideas, creations and supplies. It's a wonderful creative hobby that I love sharing with her. I wouldn't say I have a "style" because I like all sorts of cards. Sometimes I love clean and simple and sometimes layered. I am drawn to flower cards and "happy" colors, especially yellow.

I can't believe after all these years, I hadn't looked into this thread to make cards for a cause, so I've just recently started participating. My goal is to make 10 or more cards a month for each monthly cause. I'm so impressed by you all who make 20, 30, 50+ cards! WOW! I also just started participating in the Teapot challenge which is wonderful too.

Thanks for organizing this and bring us all together Zella! And I enjoy "meeting" all of you here on this post!

Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 05-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Received 301 Likes on 141 Posts

Although I still think of myself as a New Yorker, I live in Southern California with my husband of 43 years, because I just cannot fathom living in a cold climate. No human children, but plenty of furry ones have graced our lives. Currently there are two: Ruby a sweet, angelic little Ragdoll and Ember a sleek, long-legged black streak of lightning. Then there is Red, our happy turtle, and all the surrounding wildlife we care for. I have been creating cards for well over 20 years. The ones that make me most happy are clean, simple, with little to no embellishments. For very special people or occasions, I will pull all the stops and create elaborate interactive cards. I also enjoy altering cigar boxes, constructing mini scenes within shadow boxes/tins, or building structures (this year my plan is to create mini churches for special friends this Christmas). Everything I create is given away, a main reason why I love C4AC -- I can go wild doing something I love and helping to put a smile in someone's heart. I am very recently retired, so there is more time than ever to create. I am very grateful for this group.

Last edited by AScrapofKindness; 06-06-2020 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 131 Likes on 46 Posts

Hi, I'm Linda. Transplanted New Yorker, living in northwest Georgia. I'm old, so I've been through a LOT of crafts in my life - sewing, embroidery, liquid embroidery, macrame, crocheting, tole painting, scrapbooking and now card making. I'm a Stampin' UP! demo (Started in order to feed my habit when we moved to Georgia.) My pet charity is BrighterBirthdays.org, which provides birthday backpacks for more than 3000 local underserved children every year.

I want to thank all of you who have contributed cards and "bag toppers" to our cause.

I saw this little story on the internet the other day, and I thought it was very relevant to what you do.
"

Based in Sweden
· June8at5:30PM ·
A man was asked to paint a boat. He brought his paint and brushes and began to paint the boat a bright red, as the owner asked him.
While painting, he noticed a small hole in the hull, and quietly repaired it.
When he finished painting, he received his money and left.
The next day, the owner of the boat came to the painter and presented him with a nice check, much higher than the payment for painting.
The painter was surprised and said “You've already paid me for painting the boat Sir!”
“But this is not for the paint job. It's for repairing the hole in the boat.”
“Ah! But it was such a small service... certainly it's not worth paying me such a high amount for something so insignificant.”
“My dear friend, you do not understand. Let me tell you what happened:
“When I asked you to paint the boat, I forgot to mention the hole.
“When the boat dried, my kids took the boat and went on a fishing trip.
“They did not know that there was a hole. I was not at home at that time.
“When I returned and noticed they had taken the boat, I was desperate because I remembered that the boat had a hole.
“Imagine my relief and joy when I saw them returning from fishing.
“Then, I examined the boat and found that you had repaired the hole!
“You see, now, what you did? You saved the life of my children! I do not have enough money to pay your 'small' good deed.”
So no matter who, when or how, continue to help, sustain, wipe tears, listen attentively, and carefully repair all the 'leaks' you find. You never know when one is in need of us, or when God holds a pleasant surprise for us to be helpful and important to someone.
Along the way, you may have repaired numerous 'boat holes' for several people without realizing how many lives you've save. "

The cards you send help fill holes - in the hearts of the recipients.

Last edited by LindaBabe; 06-13-2021 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: weird text
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by LindaBabe:
DebbieinOC (06-14-2021), desertdeb (07-29-2021), imastamper (02-01-2022), russnzella (12-31-2021), Stamping Servant (06-14-2021), TeeGeeDee (06-16-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #26  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wonderful post, Linda!

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cards for a cause

I never post on here but have been sending cards for years Linda Wood 2906 Arnold rd Des Moines IA

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Cjandandy:
russnzella (12-31-2021), Stamping Servant (07-18-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:25 AM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone. I just joined today. My name is Melissa Grady. I live in Putnam County, West Virginia. I am a happily married Christian housewife and mom to a 16-year-old girl. My husband is pastor at our church, I have been crafting for several years. I made my first scrapbook in 1996, a year after my husband and I were married, I have always enjoyed making cards and cheering people up. I am going to give some of these addresses to my daughter's girl scout troop leader so the girls can make cards to send people as part of their community service.
I also do liquid embroidery, crochet, I also sew and make clothes for my daughter's dolls and make quilts.

Last edited by Deltadawn051375; 12-30-2021 at 03:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Deltadawn051375:
RJP111 (02-07-2022), russnzella (12-31-2021), Stamping Servant (12-31-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 03:27 AM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I do liquid embroidery as well, I have made quilts and shirts. I also crochet.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (12-31-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 11:48 AM   #30  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deltadawn051375View Post
I do liquid embroidery as well, I have made quilts and shirts. I also crochet.
I crochet too! Actually I just ordered yarn (and of course black card stock cuz it seems I never have enough and wanted free shipping) from Joann's yesterday!

Enabler Alert for all the fellow crocheters: Joann's is having a HUGE yarn sale! LOL!!!

Last edited by russnzella; 12-31-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #31  
Glitter Queen

Hello Everyone! I figured it was time to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I'm from Central PA. I haven't been stamping long. Just a couple of years. I got hooked when I tried my first Paper Pumpkin. I had a few shipments and then went crazy for stamps, papers, and supplies. I did my first donation last year with Cards For Cubs and have since donated here and there. I browse the boards more than posting on them. With my experience, I don't have a lot of input. Everyone here is so much more knowledgeable!!

Besides cardmaking, I love to knit, crochet, sewing, as well as numerous different types of crafting. I love learning and am always trying something new. :lolo:
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (01-10-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #32  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone! My name is Sharon and I live in Kansas with my husband and four furries (Askbash, Great Pyrenees, Smooth Black Retriever and a very geriatric Wire Haired Fox Terrier). My only child lives 15 minutes away with her husband and two young boys who own my heart. They lived with us for a while when she was pregnant with her first child. At that time we each had four dogs and three or four cats, so our home was very active!

I’ve been a member of SCS for many years and used to send many cards through this group. I used to send hundreds of cards to Operation Write Home until she shut down, then sent to Send a Smile to Kids, now I’m back here. My cardmaking journey began about 30 years ago when I bought some embossing powder at the State Fair. Of course I had to buy a few other supplies to actually make cards, but what began as a cardboard Banker’s box now takes up a 12 x 19 foot room plus spill-over in to other rooms. Part of the big room also holds my four different sewing machines, cutting table and bookcases. I sew clothing, quilts and bags/purses. I also crochet, cross-stitch, attempt knitting, scrapbook and junk journal.

2020 was not a good year for any of us, but in August of that year I received the devastating news that I had Pancreatic Cancer. It is inoperable and remains at stage 3. My life pretty much came to a halt while I was receiving chemotherapy infusions because they made me so sick, landing me in the hospital three times in nine months. My doctor switched me to chemo pills during radiation treatments, then gradually reduced the dosage until finally taking me off meds completely a couple of weeks ago due to continued side effects. I hope this isn’t too much information, but I kind of wanted to explain ahead of time why I might suddenly disappear. My life is in God’s hands and I want to accomplish all I can while still able! My husband is quite literally my White Knight and has totally spoiled me, bringing me breakfast in bed every morning and totally taking over all household chores and cooking.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your posts and hope to get to know you more as time progresses! Blessings to you all!

Our four furry friends, Kali, Samantha, Noelle and Harley.
Reply With Quote Likes
russnzella (01-10-2022)
Old 01-15-2022, 11:31 AM   #33  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Sharon - I love the pictures of your furbabies. They are beautiful and I am sure they are a source of joy and comfort for you. I pray the Lord would sustain you and give you and your family peace through this difficult time.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

Hello! I'm Sherri Thacker and have been a stamper for 25 years and I send cards to these organizations on a regular basis. I live near Charlotte, NC with my hubby of 30 years. We have been empty nesters since August 2021. I try to stamp every single day and I enter a lot of challenges.

I just had thumb surgery this week so no crafting for about 3 months. I'm having to type all this with my left hand.

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone...I'm Jen and I live in Monticello, NY (about 90 miles northwest of NYC) with my hubby Jay. I've been stamping for almost 25 years (had to work the math on that one lol) and I love to make "Cards for a Cause" as well as birthday and holiday cards to send to friends and family. I work as a speech-language pathologist at an elementary school and I love my job. I used to be on SCS all the time but life was crazy for a few years...things are more settled now so I've been checking things out more often. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #36  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My name is Michele Uke. I live in Carlsbad, CA near San Diego. I having been stamping inconsistently for about 30 years. I bought my first my stamp at a dog show of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (I am on my second dog of that breed). I was introduced to stamping for real by a Stampin Up demonstrator. The recipients of my cards are about 50 people at Christmas (I pick one design each year and mass produce), my family, a few friends and my church women's circle for birthday cards, a Canadian pen pal who I have corresponded with for over 30 years and Cards for a Cause. Over the years I have found it easier to pick three causes per year to send cards to for Cards for a Cause. That way I don't have to have cards for every topic. I am also an avid reader belonging to my local library's book club and I am the Program Resource Person (i.e.librarian) for my church's women's group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2022, 05:11 PM   #37  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome, Sherri, Jen and Michele! We're glad to get to know you.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
JLP0806 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi, I'm Julie and I've lived in Washington State all my life. I'm married and I have two sons who are in their early twenties that still live at home, and we have two beautiful cats, Simon and Sapphire. I started stamping in 2003. I do both scrapbooking and cards. I made cards for Operation Write home, and that ended right at the same time I decided to go back to college. While I was in college I participated in Cards for a Cause sporadically. Once I finished college in 2018 and started working full time, I pretty much quit stamping altogether, my job was very stressful and pretty much zapped me of any creativity. I even considered getting rid of my stuff and calling it quits. Last summer I got another full time job that's a much better fit and now I feel like taking on hobbies again. I'm planning to participate in Cards for a Cause when I can, and I also signed up for the BRAK group. I would also like to donate to some of the ongoing card missions here, but even though things are better I do still work full time and can only do so much. So I will just see what happens. I'm thrilled that the desire to create has come back. I have no desire to buy anything new either, because I have so many supplies and since I haven't looked at my stamps in three years, they're all new to me! It's a wonderful feeling to just create and use what I have without always wanting the latest product to come out.
I'm looking forward to being a regular here.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Stamping Servant (02-14-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 06:37 AM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

So good to see you here on SCS again .... welcome back!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #40  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello,
I'm Ariel and I joined SCS just a few of weeks ago. I am a native of Colorado Springs, CO and I started with scrapbooking roughly in 2001 and picked up cardmaking too. I'm a very amateur photographer and off an on do acrylic or watercolor painting too. I have two black cats that are my companions and bring me much joy. I like this idea and will be joining along, it may be later in the month before I get to it - but count me in.
Ariel
Reply With Quote Likes
Stamping Servant (04-03-2022)