Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2019, 07:29 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How long do SU orders take to arrive these days?

Hello all,

I placed a large-ish ($100+) with my demo on October 26 during a stamping party. She placed the order online during the party and already cashed my check.

I don't order through my demo very often (usually order direct on SU's website) How long are orders taking to arrive? I'm in Wisconsin. I don't want to bother my demo but I'll certainly reach out if it doesn't show up.

Rene
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 08:41 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed a $50 order late on October 29. It shipped October 31 and is scheduled to be here on November 6. But that is direct ship to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Should I get an email that it's shipped to me? I have an account with SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

SU has the fastest shipping of any online company I deal with. I live in Tulsa and my demo is in Minnesota. I have never been to an SU party, so I don't know that process. I order online thru my demo's Su website. I usually get my package in about 2 days!! I'm always surprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper1996View Post
Should I get an email that it's shipped to me? I have an account with SU.

Truthfully, I don't know. It's been so long since I've done anything other than order directly through the website myself... I don't know whether they send you any emails when the rep did the ordering herself. Do you know if she had it shipped directly to you?

You ordered three days before me, though, so it seems like you should have had it by now if mine is supposed to be here Wednesday. I think you'd be totally justified in asking your demo for a status.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 01:29 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

It's possible that your order was input at the time of the party but not closed at the same time. You'd get a shipping notice only if your demo used YOUR online account to place the order and that would've been closed immediately.

Best thing to do is ask. I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 02:57 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I order through our Stampin' Up workshops at the demo's home, and the items arrive within 2 weeks or less. I get a confirmation through email only if I use my credit card.. been going to her monthly workshops for over 2 years now, have ordered items every time, usually paying by personal check. Best bet is to call your demonstrator to make sure the items you ordered aren't on back order. (a few of my back ordered items took a little over a month or so to arrive)
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 06:53 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My demo places the order the night of the workshop and the order usually arrives the following week.......workshops are on Thursday nights. She usually has the orders on Tuesday or Wednesday and delivers to us Thursday or Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Hmm, it seems I may need to reach out to my demo. She did access my online SU account and I'm having it shipped directly to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 10:46 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hmm, it seems I may need to reach out to my demo. She did access my online SU account and I'm having it shipped directly to me.

If she accessed your online account, and you paid your demo by check, how did SHE pay to close the online order?

Does the order show up in your account history? If so, you can see if it's shipped and, if so, click on order history to get the tracking info.

If not, then I'd have serious questions about whether anything has even been ordered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I have an update: Demo had everything shipped to her house! She must have combined orders and didn't tell me. I'm very disappointed because she lives an hour away so now I have to figure out how to get my stuff. :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
If she accessed your online account, and you paid your demo by check, how did SHE pay to close the online order?

Does the order show up in your account history? If so, you can see if it's shipped and, if so, click on order history to get the tracking info.

If not, then I'd have serious questions about whether anything has even been ordered.

I never thought about checking my online account!

I guess I'll be looking for a new demo. Anyone around 53186 ZIP code area that is interesting in helping me? I don't order super often, maybe once per year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Good luck stamper1996........a good demo is a true blessing. If she had your online order delivered to her house, to my way of thinking it's up to her to get it to you and not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Update: I finally got my items and again am disappointed. She forgot to order two of the ink refills I'd wanted. However, someone on this forum reached out to me, so I may already have a new demo. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
SU has the fastest shipping of any online company I deal with. I live in Tulsa and my demo is in Minnesota. I have never been to an SU party, so I don't know that process. I order online thru my demo's Su website. I usually get my package in about 2 days!! I'm always surprised.
You are so lucky to get your order in 2 days. The only time I received my order in two days was when I paid extra for two-day shipping. It usually takes me at least a week to receive from SU. I also place my order online thru my demo's website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Cranky comment alert: I wish Stampin'Up! would STOP using UPS Innovations, where they originally ship with UPS, then pass it off to USPS to deliver. If I send something to my kids in Utah (or they send something to me) it takes TWO DAYS, regardless of whether we send it Priority or 1st class. The items I ordered shipped on the 5th, won't be here until tomorrow - a week later. That wouldn't be so bad, but they've been sitting at the post office since the 7th...why?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Sorry your package is delayed, Sue. The lightweight packages generally go by Mail Innovations, while the heavier lots are shipped by UPS. "Back home", you'd get your MI package 4 or 5 days faster than with UPS so I tend to love MI. Now that you're on the west coast, you should order "heavy". LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue, I hear you about how companies ship stuff. no matter what I order, what shipping I choose, it always comes by usps. and most of the time I'm not a happy customer. they have, on more than one occasions, delivered my packages to the wrong place and then blame it on me!!!! or they say our records show it was delivered such and such time time such and such date and such and such place. I have got to where I can produce video proof that it wasn't delivered to MY house and they still don't believe me!!! I even have gone looking for the pkgs myself!!! I was so ticked off one saturday morning and I went to the po and asked them "what part of I DID NOT GET MY PKG do you NOT understand???" it's a shame that the usps is as good it gets, because in my area, it's pretty sad!! I don't order as much I would like to, because I don't want to have to deal with them. we have 6 po's in my county. all the others have really nice people that work with the customer and will go out their way to make a good difference in a persons experience. my po does the exact opposite. I don't like to beat anyone up, but dealing with my po is like being a boxing ring with kangaroo and you never know when they are gonna gut punch you. I am generally kind and polite to everyone. I quit going to the po because I can't be polite and kind to people that go out of their way to be mean spirited. it's not just me either, it's many many people. you are always hearing in conversation someone having a terrible experience with the po. I do go online and lodge a complaint when it happens and there for a while, it was every other day. I finally quit placing orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Cranky comment alert: I wish Stampin'Up! would STOP using UPS Innovations, where they originally ship with UPS, then pass it off to USPS to deliver. If I send something to my kids in Utah (or they send something to me) it takes TWO DAYS, regardless of whether we send it Priority or 1st class. The items I ordered shipped on the 5th, won't be here until tomorrow - a week later. That wouldn't be so bad, but they've been sitting at the post office since the 7th...why?
I hear you about Mail Innovations. FedEx SmartPost is the same way. I do prefer getting things by mail, though I would prefer that companies ship straight USPS. I recently had a package shipped to me via FedEx Ground. Because of the value of the items, FedEx required a signature. No problem, since I knew I would be home when they delivered. Well, the delivery guy came on the right day, rang the doorbell twice, knocked once--all in maybe 1 minute max. I was fortunately near the door, because when I went out to meet him, he was already halfway down the walk back to his truck--package in hand! I realize they are probably slammed with deliveries and have a tight schedule if they want to get back to the office before 10:00 or whenever at night. But why bother even stopping if you are not going to give the recipient more than a minute to get to the door??? :mad: I debated calling the FedEx distribution office where he came from, but decided against it. If I had to go pick it up there because he determined no one was home, that's about a 30-40 minute drive from our house. At least with the post office, it's more like 5 minutes. And most of the clerks are nice there.

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Sorry your package is delayed, Sue. The lightweight packages generally go by Mail Innovations, while the heavier lots are shipped by UPS. "Back home", you'd get your MI package 4 or 5 days faster than with UPS so I tend to love MI. Now that you're on the west coast, you should order "heavy". LOL

Can I request that they chuck a brick in with my goodies, lol? It really isn't a big deal, just "one more thing" I have to complain about with the postal service. Most of the time they get things right (bless them) but they've gotten some things very, very wrong for me over the past few years, so I'm ultra-sensitive and overly critical, I'm sure...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2019, 07:02 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Well, be glad you don't live where I do...Houston area. USPS had set up one humongous mail sorting for our entire area of southeast Texas and Trop Storm Imelda took it out back in Sept. In fact, it's the largest mail sorting facility in the USA. USPS had to scramble and set up several smaller sorting points, and apparently my city in the Houston suburbs has drawn the short straw as it is taking over a week to deliver mail I have sent only a mile or two from me! Grrrrr. All my local Halloween cards were delivered the Monday after even though I mailed them 6 days before H'ween.

And as far as UPS goes, my neighbors discussed this last night out this fall. The only people on our street having problems with them do not order from Amazon. We decided this is a definite advantage, at least with our local UPS. I know they deliver Amazon stuff to me every few days with very few errors over the years. Last week, though, they delivered my pkg to next door by mistake, so perhaps my blessings are done. Just seems like every one of our institutions are breaking down. :-(((
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Oh my! I ordered about a $156 order the end of Oct. and received it within a week. I'd be following up fast!

Quote:

Hello all,

I placed a large-ish ($100+) with my demo on October 26 during a stamping party. She placed the order online during the party and already cashed my check.

I don't order through my demo very often (usually order direct on SU's website) How long are orders taking to arrive? I'm in Wisconsin. I don't want to bother my demo but I'll certainly reach out if it doesn't show up.

Rene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2019, 07:04 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post

I have the exact opposite experience with SU. Their shipping is the slowest of any online company I order from. I live in PA and it takes at least a week to get to me. Other companies ship items that arrive in a few days.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh good, cranky time. Sometimes with crafting supplies or other items, Amazon is horrid with packing and delivery. A glass jar of Better Than Bouillon packed in a padded envelope? Really? Glass-n-Glop for all!

And the delivery drivers who work directly for Amazon (not the P.O)? (They have a warehouse nearby.) My address label states where to leave packages; there’s a sign on the door written in red marker, but do they leave it where indicated, that wouldn’t take a second? No. In a pile of wet leaves, near the back yard on a bench (why??), etc.

Complain to Amazon and always get a response that I’m the most valued customer in the universe and the driver will be coached and it will never, ever, happen again.

Then again, 15 years ago in a different location we had the worst Post Office carrier in the universe. Weekly we’d get 10-20 letters that weren’t ours. So much depends on the individual driver/carrier/etc. And our Post Office peeps are great. Should make them a thank you/holiday card, huh.

Last edited by bjeans; 11-14-2019 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol on the "oh good, cranky time" - I needed that giggle today...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 484 Likes on 304 Posts

My orders leave Utah for Commerce City, CO where ever that might be....A UPS order then goes to far eastern Kansas(Lenexa/Olathe)--I live in far SW Kansas like only an hour from Colorado and Texas(just skip over the panhandle of Oklahoma because it is only about 30 miles wide)---Said package then goes from Lenexa/Olathe to Salina--still 4 hours from me--arrives at my depot in the wee hours of the morning and I usally receive it that day or the next at worst.....about 5 days--depending on what day I order....I usually try for Monday or tuesday as that seems to get them here the quickest..... IF they would send it from Commerce Co to Amarillo Texas I could have it in 3 days easy and maybe even two.....JUSt SAYING! Now if I can only retrain my UPS guy and the Fed EX guy that given the sign that said Door bell doesn't work has vanished they should try ringing the NEW LARGER different color door bell instead of just sliding it onto the top step. LOL! Sometimes they knock--mostly they don't.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2019, 06:05 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Well, my husband ordered a new Silhouette Cameo (3) for me last week for my birthday. Amazon says it was delivered on Tuesday (my birthday), but it wasn't. UPS says it ended up getting delivered to a neighbor's house and that they would check on it. Still haven't seen it or heard anything on it.

Oh, and yes, I find the MI-then USPS mailing routine awful. It takes a week before I get a package because it seems to sit in CT for a few days. Anywhere else in the country, it takes 2 days to get a package to me--but not them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Finally got my Silhouette Sunday morning--right where UPS usually delivers things. However, UPS says they don't deliver on Sundays. All I can figure is a neighbor got it and delivered it on Sunday finally.

Oh, well, at least I finally got it! All's well that ends well, right?
Reply With Quote Likes