Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2019, 06:02 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Source Needed - U.S. Vendor - Cream Wrapping Paper

Have an upcoming project that will require a LOT of paper..not cardstock. Wrapping paper, actually. (Going to cover parts of a literal ton of chipboard boxes).

Been trying to source rolls of a normal weight paper in a cream or ivory color. Prefer matt, but glossy is ok. Metallic and "pearlized" are not. (Got sources for that stuff).

The attached photo is an example of what I will be making.

Any help appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Are you just looking for people who have personally used such paper? Because if not, there are lots of options out there:
From Jam, in various sized wrapping paper glossy rolls:
Glossy Wrapping Paper Rolls | JAM Paper

On Amazon white butcher paper which is also used for crafts (and if you go on Amazon there are other white kraft butcher paper options):
https://www.amazon.com/Paper-Approve...2801723&sr=8-4

Lots more with a search on “white wrapping paper rolls.” If you want more suggestions, yell, but those were two. Good luck - looks like a nice project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Updating to say that I am not looking for WHITE paper. White paper is easy to find. CREAM aka Ivory is NOT easy to find. Otherwise, I would not have posted.

re: bjeans - Thanks for the links, but Jam Paper does not sell cream paper, and the white butcher paper is the wrong color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

My brain saw white, sorry. ;)

Nashville Wraps has ivory gloss:
Ivory Gift Wrap | Nashville Wraps

PaperMart has solid ivory - though since it looks yellow I’d call them:
Solid Colored Wrapping Paper On White | Shop PaperMart.com

Amazon has solid ivory cream:
https://www.amazon.com/Solid-Ivory-W...2817474&sr=8-8

There are some others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
My brain saw white, sorry. ;)

Nashville Wraps has ivory gloss:
Ivory Gift Wrap | Nashville Wraps

PaperMart has solid ivory - though since it looks yellow I’d call them:
Solid Colored Wrapping Paper On White | Shop PaperMart.com

Amazon has solid ivory cream:
https://www.amazon.com/Solid-Ivory-W...2817474&sr=8-8

There are some others.

Thanks!

The Nashville Wraps.....weird that I did not see that when searching on their site yesterday.

Papermart - Shame on them. That's not cream. I've learned what Ivory and Cream should look like. That ain't it, heh.

The Amazon link...wow, after an exhaustive search, that also missed showing up for me. Prolly comes from China, but who cares!

For those of you wondering if there is much difference, yes there is. This is a wicked hard color to shop online for, because a lot of items (anything really) that is labeled as being CREAM can actually be yellow, or beige. Really, super frustrating. This is especially true with Textiles (clothes, towels, curtain, etc.).

Exhibit A:

Last edited by Indigo Blue; 11-03-2019 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

The PaperMart paper may be okay and the website doesn’t show the color accurately. It could be lighting, a bad photo, etc. It can work the other way too, with the photo looking good but the actual product different. And our monitors can lie to us.

There can be different variations of cream, ivory and white. Benjamin Moore has 150 different whites in their paint collections. (I used to do commercial/residential color consulting.)

I think of cream as warmer than ivory, but it depends on the manufacturer. I hope one of those works for you or maybe someone has other suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post

I think of cream as warmer than ivory, but it depends on the manufacturer. I hope one of those works for you or maybe someone has other suggestions.

Your totally right that cream is usually warmer than ivory. If you look at my Room photo (it's in my Gallery), I have CREAM furniture in my crafting room. And it really is cream. Not white at all. I have a couple of things that are off-white and could be called ivory, and next to my furniture, they look white.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Did you try Paper and More? https://www.paperandmore.com/collections/solid-paper
I didn't see a phone number, only an email address. You CAN get samples of their papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

That chest is beautiful.

This is what computer monitors do to you...I read that as blush-there is a pink aspect to your room for me and why online could be very hard for you with fine distinctions of shades.
This is why there are 10,000 chips for these shades in paint. LOL

You could try RTR Bag-I used to go to their sample sales-prices were excellent. If you google them you will see articles about them. LOLOLOL That vid is ridiculous!!! SO NYC....all that production for bags. OMG....some of the shots are in my 'hood.

The contact info is at the bottom. Ask them. They might sample you.

RTR Bag

I actually see a lot of places if you google wholesale gift wrap....I am not sure what you are calling "a lot". A lot to me could be 50 feet but to them would be 1000.

Perhaps it might be better to paint the base cream color and then work off that? Decoupage it? I find matte papers are harder in general to find.

I was surfing Container store this am to get a jump on their Christmas paper as they bring in a LOT and some will sell out early. I make a list and go see it. (Yes I am that fussy about wrap paper) I remember they had solids and I am pretty sure I saw cream in more than one finish. tip-go to 120 a page so you can scroll fast. I was thinking it would make a good challenge site.

Let us know if you find it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

Thanks for sharing a picture of what your project will look like - I wondered when you mentioned it before! Beautiful.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by online22muchView Post
Did you try Paper and More? https://www.paperandmore.com/collections/solid-paper
I didn't see a phone number, only an email address. You CAN get samples of their papers.

Oh wow, thanks! I'm so adverse to buying a $15 roll of something and have it turn out to not be the color I am looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
Thanks for sharing a picture of what your project will look like - I wondered when you mentioned it before! Beautiful.

Actually, that's not even THE project. It's just a box I need to build so I can keep all my project materials together, which ARE related to THE project. Hope that makes sense!

The photo I added to my thread is from a Facebook group managed by the Etsy seller who sells templates for her fans. The Estsy seller does awesome video tutorials, which are perfect for my insanely newbie self! The photo is from someone in the group who bought her template and made it the box. Actually, it's really a container, but whatever. Heh.

It's the nicest one anyone posted in the Facebook group, and I am using the photo as reference.

That container is a bit daunting...lots of clipboard, adhesive tape, and really, I am not quite ready to make it. Still trying to get used to all my tools and materials.

Also waiting for the printer. Gotta buy a tablet first. Gah!
Reply With Quote Likes