Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts
Question Storing Texture Plates

Anyone have these? Mine are intended mainly for use with gelli plate printing. While I have only a few, I can't decide whether to store them with the clear and unmounted stamps or set up a separate container for just texture plates so that they are easy to grab when using the gelli plates. Separate storage sounds nice, but there is always the space issue. . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 03:50 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Are you talking about plates similar to the old Fiskars texture plates? Otherwise I'm not sure what the product is, but I can't imagine storing those with stamps - I keep mine with embossing folders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure what the poster is talking about either but I too have Fiskar Plates and keep them with my embossing folders but if you are talking about:

1) Gel texture plates I would store them with my plain gel plates...

OR

2) Plastic type products that are often used for candy making or clay crafting I would probably store those with my stencils or possibly separately depending on how many I had or how often I used them in other crafting venues.

My best advice is to try something and if it doesn't feel like it is working then try something else. I consider my craft room is an ever evolving "project" and I'm okay with that... now;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

These texture plates are basically floppy sheets of bare rubber. They could be used for traditional stamping but aren't intended to be mounted. The Frugal Crafter has a demo of the Carabelle stamp plates:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2019, 06:58 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

The plates are often pretty big and could be a challenge to store with the clear stamp sets. I guess I will keep them separate for now; since I likely will be using them only with gel printing. If I acquire anymore I may have more of a storage problem though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The longer you have and use them the better you'll get a feel for where they will need to be kept. Good luck and happy gel printing. I keep thinking I need to dust my gel plate off and use it again but have yet to do so, shame on me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2019, 09:17 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What Stacy said. I only have two, in large clear pockets with my clear stamps because I’ve used them for card backgrounds.

But gel plates are in a Raskog cart elsewhere to be used in the kitchen. If I mostly used texture plates for gel plating they’d be in that cart with other texture tools, foam stamps, etc. OT: the fave - an old fashioned hard plastic hair roller+cover that an LSS teacher let me keep - makes tons of different marks.
Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 10-26-2019 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2019, 08:49 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

I had Fiskars texture plates years ago when they first came out and I got rid of them during one of my moves. Now I use my embossing folders on gel plates to get textured backgrounds. I find them easier to store in clear storage bins which I also use for my metal dies on top shelf of Raskog cart.
https://www.amazon.com/InterDesign-P...67588&sr=8-132
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyRoseStamperView Post
Anyone have these? Mine are intended mainly for use with gelli plate printing. While I have only a few, I can't decide whether to store them with the clear and unmounted stamps or set up a separate container for just texture plates so that they are easy to grab when using the gelli plates. Separate storage sounds nice, but there is always the space issue. . . .
Lydia Fiedler (Understand Blue) uses them a lot. She is here and on YouTube. Maybe she has something on storing them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2019, 05:27 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Yeah I was thinking my metal cover texture plates I keep with the embossing folders. So many things with the same names!

I was going to suggest Lydia too.
Otherwise personally I would keep them with the gelli supplies as those are about of a size. I have re-purposed some old plastic dry goods containers that are only a few inches wide but tall for stuff like big shot plates or maybe a mag rack as those look pretty big. I just dont know about the floppy bit unless they come in a thing you can keep them in or want to use the same stuff people use on raw rubber to attach them to cling storage pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2019, 05:28 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I would put them in with my background stamps, just because they could easily be used as stamps. Would love to get my hands on some, but haven't justified the cost (to myself) yet. I do use my larger background stamps on my gelli plate, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Even though they can be used as stamps, if you plan to use them entirely with your gelli plate, I would store them with your stencils and other texturing tools/materials. I have all mine standing on end in a basket. I put the more flimsy ones together by style in empty SU stamp box(es) standing among the more sturdy plastic/metal ones. That way I can flip through to get out what I need. If that doesn't work for you, find whatever storage that fits your style and use that.
Reply With Quote Likes