Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WRMK Precision Press Advanced-- not for cling rubber?

Hi all, I recently purchased a WRMK Precision Press Advanced and Typeset Stamping Block at Tuesday Morning. I was hemming and hawing if I needed it because I already have two other positioners (had two more, one sold and another about to be). So why did I buy it? For the typeset ability. This intrigued me and the possibility of using it for turning about (thought maybe I could use this to do kaleidoscope stamping).

However, the problem is, the space between the plate and the base is the same as a cling mounted stamp, so when you place your acrylic block down, you are already touching the page, not pressing to get an image. This is true even when the WRMK foam insert is removed. I also get overstamping, especially with the foam added, that I haven't gotten with other positioners.

I want to love this, but I just don't know. The typeset plate doesn't have this problem as there is no foam on the stamps, but it doesn't work as well without the precision press. I don't know if I want to keep these two items just for the typeset ability. I have the making memories magnetic typeset kit with several fonts. If only the letters didn't move, or get scrambled when the tray gets knocked about, it'd be perfect.

Has anyone else had an issue using cling rubber with the WRMK precision press? Is it a learning curve?

I also was hoping to be able to move the acrylic block over pegs, but because of the placement of the rubber feet, it won't allow for it. Disappointing. That would have made it novel and a worthy investment. I'm also hoping WRMK adds additional stamp fonts to the lineup, but if they don't, that would render this a costly uni-tasker.

Thanks for the rant,
Doreen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's weird--I have this press and I've never had that problem, maybe because as I'm lowering the plate I'm already starting to press down? I think stamps can vary in thickness — have you tried different stamps on it?

Also, the top allows for multiple positions for stamps (2?3?) with "feet" down--and then I've also flipped it over and also used the "back" for at least 2 more layers.

I think this video gives a great demonstration:

Last edited by poppydarling; 10-08-2019 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
That's weird--I have this press and I've never had that problem, maybe because as I'm lowering the plate I'm already starting to press down? I think stamps can vary in thickness — have you tried different stamps on it?

Also, the top allows for multiple positions for stamps (2?3?) with "feet" down--and then I've also flipped it over and also used the "back" for at least 2 more layers.

I think this video gives a great demonstration:
Thanks for the video, but at 14:06, Alexandria states that there is no need to even press down because a rubber cling stamp is already making contact with the paper when placed on the Precision Press, so sadly, it seems thickness of rubber doesn't play much of a role. The rubber feet just aren't thick enough to let the cling rubber hover over the paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:( guess you have to treat it like cling rubber in the Misti -- as soon as you lower the lid you are pressing the stamp down…
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GdoreenView Post
Hi all, I recently purchased a WRMK Precision Press Advanced and Typeset Stamping Block at Tuesday Morning. I was hemming and hawing if I needed it because I already have two other positioners (had two more, one sold and another about to be). So why did I buy it? For the typeset ability. This intrigued me and the possibility of using it for turning about (thought maybe I could use this to do kaleidoscope stamping).

However, the problem is, the space between the plate and the base is the same as a cling mounted stamp, so when you place your acrylic block down, you are already touching the page, not pressing to get an image. This is true even when the WRMK foam insert is removed. I also get overstamping, especially with the foam added, that I haven't gotten with other positioners.

I want to love this, but I just don't know. The typeset plate doesn't have this problem as there is no foam on the stamps, but it doesn't work as well without the precision press. I don't know if I want to keep these two items just for the typeset ability. I have the making memories magnetic typeset kit with several fonts. If only the letters didn't move, or get scrambled when the tray gets knocked about, it'd be perfect.

Has anyone else had an issue using cling rubber with the WRMK precision press? Is it a learning curve?

I also was hoping to be able to move the acrylic block over pegs, but because of the placement of the rubber feet, it won't allow for it. Disappointing. That would have made it novel and a worthy investment. I'm also hoping WRMK adds additional stamp fonts to the lineup, but if they don't, that would render this a costly uni-tasker.

Thanks for the rant,
Doreen

You could remove the foam from the rubber stamp and use it that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
:( guess you have to treat it like cling rubber in the Misti -- as soon as you lower the lid you are pressing the stamp down…
Yes, I think so. Oh well, thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
You could remove the foam from the rubber stamp and use it that way.
Scrapjanny, oh but all that money on Ezmount :(. Plus, I do actually love the cling foam. It gives a nicer image, I feel, and I like the way the stamp handles better than naked rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:46 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GdoreenView Post
Scrapjanny, oh but all that money on Ezmount :(. Plus, I do actually love the cling foam. It gives a nicer image, I feel, and I like the way the stamp handles better than naked rubber.
I guess you'll have to get used to it then. If you put the foam mat under the paper, you really don't need the foam on the stamp. Either way, I'm sure you'll make it work.
Reply With Quote Likes