Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2019, 07:12 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Familiar with this Cardstock?

Almost all of my CS is labeled, but I have a half-sheet that I'd love to find to buy more. It's probably about 80#, if that, has a lovely and obvious linen texture. One side is colored (mine happens to be green) and the other white. It feels very soft.

Any thoughts? If anyone would know, it would be one of you. The last time I posted about mystery CS, someone knew right away. Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 09-18-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could it be from SU!? The year that Pear Pazzaz was an In Color, I bought a 12x12 bundle that sounds like what you're describing. I love that linen texture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks, Jeanie - I don’t think it would be SU since the only SU CS I have is smooth on both sides and much heavier.

Since it had an obvious linen texture and is white on the other side, I hoped that would narrow it down a lot. (It’s nothing like the Hero Arts CS they sold a while back that was colored/white.)

The paper is soft to the touch, and the texture is gorgeous. I have other linen textured CS but nothing that feels so good! LOL

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

What about Tonic Studios? Some of their kit cardstock, if its their handmade stuff, is only colored on one side and is very soft feeling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 02:21 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

I think Amuse used to have cardstock like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Thank you Pam and Pepperann. I’ve never purchased a Tonic kit or anything from Amuse - but maybe the paper was at a class, or even purchased at a going-out-of-business sale at a now-closed LSS. But I’m going to check out both companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

A Muse paper was white on one side, but it was smooth - no texture at all. SU did put out some linen-textured cardstock the year that Gumball Green and Primrose Petals came out, but it's colored all the way through. Other than those two tidbits, I have nothing to offer (sorry). Good luck with the search!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post a picture? Not all linen weaves are the same and not all shades of green are the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 06:46 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for helping winnow things down, Sue - what it isn’t is as helpful as what it might be.

And you’re right, SkyNacho - I’ll take/post a photo. I’d like other colors, not just green - I just happen to have the green, and in fact probably wouldn’t use that green much.

And Pepperann, your comment about the Tonic kit made me wonder if it was in a kit. I used to subscribe to a Studio Calico kit, plus had a few others. It wouldn’t have been in one company’s, but maybe the other. I’m going to contact Studio Calico and look at the kit list for one other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Thanks for helping winnow things down, Sue - what it isn’t is as helpful as what it might be.

And you’re right, SkyNacho - I’ll take/post a photo. I’d like other colors, not just green - I just happen to have the green, and in fact probably wouldn’t use that green much.

And Pepperann, your comment about the Tonic kit made me wonder if it was in a kit. I used to subscribe to a Studio Calico kit, plus had a few others. It wouldn’t have been in one company’s, but maybe the other. I’m going to contact Studio Calico and look at the kit list for one other.

Oh, I just meant that maybe someone will recognize that particular green cardstock by color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Oh, I just meant that maybe someone will recognize that particular green cardstock by color.
Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Do you happen to remember what you made with it? That might trigger the source.

Seems to me I remember you have bought from HSN type of thing in the past? Maybe from one of those kits?

I don't work with linen texture but I do seem to remember some company claiming to have "very soft paper"....hmm....Elizabeth crafts maybe? Ok yeah...scroll down and you will see what they call soft finish texture paper that is white on one side. If this is it you are in luck-comes in a lot of colors.

https://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.co...ardstock-paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 08:17 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cardstock

[Does it have a SKU # on it? It's usually on the back or on the front border.
QUOTE=bjeans;21867894]Thanks, Jeanie - I don’t think it would be SU since the only SU CS I have is smooth on both sides and much heavier.

Since it had an obvious linen texture and is white on the other side, I hoped that would narrow it down a lot. (It’s nothing like the Hero Arts CS they sold a while back that was colored/white.)

The paper is soft to the touch, and the texture is gorgeous. I have other linen textured CS but nothing that feels so good! LOL

Beth[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Almost all of my CS is labeled, but I have a half-sheet that I'd love to find to buy more. It's probably about 80#, if that, has a lovely and obvious linen texture. One side is colored (mine happens to be green) and the other white. It feels very soft.

Any thoughts? If anyone would know, it would be one of you. The last time I posted about mystery CS, someone knew right away. Fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Beth
can't we see a picture of both sides??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 10:40 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Do you happen to remember what you made with it? That might trigger the source.

Seems to me I remember you have bought from HSN type of thing in the past? Maybe from one of those kits?

I don't work with linen texture but I do seem to remember some company claiming to have "very soft paper"....hmm....Elizabeth crafts maybe? Ok yeah...scroll down and you will see what they call soft finish texture paper that is white on one side. If this is it you are in luck-comes in a lot of colors.

https://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.co...ardstock-paper

Thanks for the idea - I like Elizabeth Craft and took a class from one of her instructors at a Stamp & SB Expo. I have some Soft Finish white CS. Looking at the colored Soft Finish, it’s 100 pound, much heavier, and hers has a very subtle texture. But I was super hopeful for a moment and that’s a good thing!

I haven’t purchased any paper or kits from HSN that I recall. Not that the memory is infallible, goodness knows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Default Cardstock

I’ve been with Stampin Up and the have never had color on one side and white on the other. They did carry Co’ordinations at various times but that is a white Core. Other than that SU card stock is colored the whole way through. The only thing that isn’t is the paper in their paper pumpkin kit’s which is printed on one side and white on the other - That also is precut pieces not sheets of anything
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no idea where I was looking (Marco's Paper? Neenah?) but they refer to cardstock that is different colors on the two sides as "duplex", and Neenah refers to the linen texture as "Oxford", so those keywords may help in your search...?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Default Could it be DoubleMates by Worldwin Papers?

Hi! I have a small collection of double-sided lightly linen-textured card stock that are all double color. I have hoarded them as they weren't easy to find. Several rubber stamp/paper craft stores had them. They are printed with 90 lb.archival quality card stock. Side 1 is VIVID shade and Side 2 is RICH shade. Whatever that means. :\

I was just able to find them on using Worldwin Papers/Doublemates and still look to be available! Fingers crossed....

Best,
Nora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I had some Cricut paper that had texture on one side and smooth on the other, but it was the same color on both sides.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a couple of colors of cardstock that I would describe that same way, colored on one side and white on the other with linen texture. The ones I have are navy blue and hunter green. I think they are Cranson that I either bought at a LSS that has since gone out of business or at Dick Blick on clearance. If I ever find any more I will definitely get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I have some lovely linen textured paper, about 80# from Marco Paper. Check them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2019, 05:51 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

It sounds like it could be from one of the Bazzil line.
Should check Bazzil on line and see if you can match the color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 04:28 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh shucks. Good luck! I wonder if it was considered a fabric paper given that feel?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterflyEarsView Post
It sounds like it could be from one of the Bazzil line.
Should check Bazzil on line and see if you can match the color.

I've never known Bazzill to have a white backside. One part of its allure was that it was solid color throughout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Wow, you all are great, with wonderful suggestions. So...

wavejumper, it's CS, not fabric. It just has a very soft feel. (Can you say a soft "hand," or is that only for cloth?)

ogradd aka Beth (!) - No SKU, unfortunately. (Thank you, Murphy.)

Sue, thanks for the vocabulary - it will help in my search - which is not over!

Nora, I started to go to Worldwin Papers but a warning message about the site popped up so I stopped. But I did look at Worldwin papers on other sites and will keep looking.

dancingpurplecat, I've never purchased Cricut paper - but you made me think about looking at other papers. I shouldn't put blinders on to other possibilities just because I'm obsessed.

Angie, I keep wondering if I also got this paper from an LSS that went out of business, because they sold single sheets and I did buy some on sale at the end. I'll see what Canson has too.

Paula, I'll definitely check out Marco's - and everyone says such nice things about them, so thanks.

ButterflyEars (love your name!), good guess - and I have Bazzill textured paper in quite a few colors. It's very nice - just more subtle than my mystery piece, is the same color on both sides, and not as soft. (I don't necessarily want more of the green color - just love the paper.)

SkyNacho, right - the textured Bazzill in my stash is the same color on both sides.

I'll ask the owner of my LSS next time I'm there. Meanwhile, I looked at Studio Calico 12x12 paper in my stash from when I used to buy their SB kits even though I didn't scrap, and while it's not duplex (colored/white), it's really pretty and soft. So I asked them if they knew the manufacturer from back then, and am waiting to hear back.

The way this came about: I made a card for a friend to give to someone else. (Cascading Hearts in my gallery.) Normally I would have used a Neenah Classic Crest solar white card base with colored CS on top. But she wanted it reversed - a green colored base with white on top. So I did that but didn't love how smooth it was - it felt a little cold. I would have preferred a softer, slightly textured paper.

While looking I found the mystery paper. Even in white it likely would have been too textured, but I fell in love with it. Here's a photo of the textured side. (The white side just looks like a ton of other smooth whites out there so I didn't take a photo of it.)

Again, thanks.

Beth

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

WorldWin apparently discontinued Doublemates around 2013-2014, and the WorldWin blog/Facebook page have not been active since around the same time. I clicked the link on the blog page and it took me to The Paper Mill, so I'm guessing that they took over the brand in some fashion...

Here are the Neenah duplex options: Shop High-End Specialty Paper Products by Neenah Paper

Last edited by gregzgurl; 09-27-2019 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Is it Core'dinations cardstock? Here's a SCS review. If it is, embossing and then sanding the green side will reveal a white core.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

So Elizabeth Crafts is doing black friday and about 12 colors of the soft paper is on sale on the last page (12).....I was pulling my swatches...and what they call 100lb is what I would call 80...although I am used to 110 and I dont know how much of a difference there is between 100 and 110 because I dont that in same company to compare.

So if you have not figured it out yet...this might be stop gap till you do. Their surface is more kind of...raised tiny dots than linen but it is still nice.

I am going to think about some glitter since I am there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2019, 02:47 AM   #29  
Gallery Gazer

Thank you. I have her 110 lb soft finish white CS, purchased when I took one of her classes at a Stamp & SB Expo, and it’s very smooth, a beautiful paper. But since it’s only sold in small quantities, if I recall it’s not cost effective. The colors were a bit lighter. I didn’t remember a texture but I was looking for a pronounced and lighter weight linen texture. Since then I've found some Bazzill in my stash - not exactly it, but okay.

Elizabeth Craft glitter is the only one I use, not that I’ve used it in a long time. Glitter/bling aren’t usually my thing. Her glitter is absurdly smooth, an almost velvety feel after burnishing with a finger, which changes the look.

In the class, we applied it through a piece of lace onto a feather die cut that had wide double sided tape on it. After removing the tape so the die cut was sticky, lace was put over the feather and the glitter rubbed through it. A champagne and a brown were used separately so the feather was two-toned. The lace was pulled off and the pattern showed on the leaf. Beautiful and subtle. Elizabeth has videos with project sheets showing glitter application. You made me want to go glitter something, wavejumper.

Last edited by bjeans; 11-30-2019 at 04:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes