View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #12
lylacfey
Die Cut Diva

I started off as a pencil shader so when I heard about all these blending tools, especially Gamsol I was like "Huh?" ROFL.

I do have the blender pencil. It is useful for some things. I don't think it's a need. I think it's more of a curiosity. I love my curiosity items. Would I buy one again if I needed too. Probably not.

To be honest I haven't seen a lot of professional colored pencil artists use the blender pencils. They pencil shade, use white pencils or tortillions for their shading. That is how I learned.

The pencil does even out lines. It can even out your lines so much you lose your detail even if you are being careful. It can be a bit rough on your paper. If you have an apple you are coloring, for example, the pencil is good for smoothing out the colors. If you are coloring a bear it can take out the details on the bears fur.

If you are working with your own coloring then it's a nice accessory in your color toolbox. Not a needed accessory but nice. If you are stamping it is a bit different. Stamps already have the areas you need to shade. If you start blending that area you lost your detail. If that makes sense. I am tired, long shopping day in the heat. Brain fog when it comes to explanations, lol.

Hope that helps.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!