View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #54
cnsteele
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazeka View Post
I'm always curious as to the reasons people subscribe to kits. I have so many supplies already that I am trying to use what I already have so usually pick and choose my stamps, papers etc. to fill in where needed.

Do most of you buy kits to increase your stash? Is it mainly for the ideas? Do you buy them so that everything is coordinated?
I've tried Paper Pumpkin a few times but, although I liked the small stamp sets, and the ideas, I already owned the ink pad colors. I didn't care for the non-cardmaking kits and ended up giving those to my daughter. There were a couple of card kits that I either saw or got as a gift, but the cards were pre-printed and very much like store purchased ones in their designs.

Also have a couple of SSS kits, and one or two Hero Arts kits that I won. I like the stamps and the specialty products in my Hero Arts kit (like unusual embossing powder etc), but haven't really used the papers in any of the kits yet.

So, just wondering why you would buy a kit, as opposed to buying separate items?
Thanks!

Karen

The reasons I bought kits was to take some on vacation with me; to have something to stamp when I'd drive my girls somewhere and would have to wait an hour or so; and for the fun of getting surprise happy mail. Sometimes I like to have something to make that doesn't require me to think hard about the design process.

When my girls were very small, about 16 years ago, I subscribed to Club Scrap and I still get nostalgic about how happy that monthly box made me. I was/am a SAHM and, at the time, the three of them were all under 4 years old. I took them to a once a week Mother's Morning Out program for 4 hours and I spent those 4 hours happily scrapbooking photos of my girls using those kits. I still have the Scrap Raps newsletters from those kits and just reading them takes me back to a sweet time of life. I miss how little and cute my girls were and I miss how precious my crafting time felt!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!