View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #9
RenT
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Love the idea, hate Spectrums in general - hard pass...

That sounds harsh, but I own 168 of the darn things and at least half of them pull apart instead of opening properly, several are NOT the color they're supposed to be (I have a blue one that colors baby pink, for example), they dry up quickly - yup, not a fan.

I still use them and will continue to do so until they become unusable, but they're still not my faves.

Agreed, agreed, agreed. I have the set and used to love them. Someone in my shoebox group started bringing Copics to color with so I got to use them a lot. At first I didn't like the brush tip, but now I love it. So much easier to lay down color. I often use only one color (rather than blending in a few shades for highlighting) and the Copics work best for me.

The SU ones are good and I like having one brush tip and one small tip. But their light/dark shades are too close for my taste -- not enough difference between the light and the dark.

So I'm using my SN for now, along with my SU and the few Copics I own. I'll use the SN and SU till they dry out and then chuck them. When I need new pens or new colors, I'll replace with Copics.

Forgot to answer the OP: I have used the tri-color markers a couple of times. They seem pretty good. For me though, it bugs me switching out and opening and flipping all over the place. And I prefer a brush tip. Color range on the individual pens seemed good, but they just felt too fiddly and annoying for me.

Last edited by RenT; 08-09-2019 at 06:29 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!