View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #20
cobby
Stampin' Fool

I’m sorry your machine is not functioning as you want it to. I’ve read through all the responses and these are all great suggestions. Personally, it sounds like you just have a “lemon” of a machine. My crafting time is my “de-stressing” time. If I had to deal with those problems it would cause MORE stress. If I couldn’t make one or two slight adjustments in sandwiches and fix the situation I’d get a new machine.
I know they aren’t cheap, and it might take some planning to fit it in your budget.
If a small footprint is necessary I think the Vagabond would work. Of course, It has the smaller opening.
I was “enchanted” by the Grand Calibur when it was first released, loved the idea of the wider opening. But the truth is I originally bought a Big Shot for the embossing folders.
I’ve since amassed quite a collection of dies, both thinlits and the square rule Sizzix.
The opening of the basic Big Shot works fine for how I ACTUALLY craft.

If you really use and need that larger opening, I’d invest in a new Grand Calibur Having to make all those adjustments and deal with die cuts being messed up makes crafting time too much work for me!