View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #18
wavejumper
Proud Fan Club Member

Interesting puzzle. hmmmmm...This is usually the kind of weirdo thing that happens to me!

I also thought about heavier paper.
It feels like you are applying too much pressure to me? To drag the paper like that...and the bursting housing....
I'm with Adriana on changing your layering up. I usually run wafers through twice without even thinking about it to be sure.
But then you mention it is not tight enough either and is embossing instead of cutting? Yeah, play with additional copy paper sheets. Once you get to a certain thickness that would inform you of maybe a mylar shim or metal plate.

I'm bothered that the housing was imploding too...
Can you remember if this has been happening SINCE you did the EF boo boo? Maybe something got unbalanced internally?

I dont care if you got this on a sale...it should be a new machine. UNLESS....do you remember if the packaging was truly factory sealed? It might have been a return for this very reason....AZ is not going to get what we are talking about and might have restocked it. They would crank the handle and think it works.
Unfortunately it has been so long now that I cant recommend reaching out the to the MFG about it...although...that housing problem...that should not happen in 5 years time with these things either.

I had a brain wave...maybe to help keep your paper from shifting you could try tacking it down with repositionable tape? Or purple tape at the two ends? If that works, then we know the issue is the paper is moving and not the die is doing some kind of weird shift during the run.

I also like Stacey's idea of trying it cutting side UP.

Lastly, if you can feel the roller itself-see if there are sticky patches on it.

Unfortunately all factory made items may not be EXACTLY calibrated and we have to play with it to get where we want to go.

HTH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!