View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #7
klh54
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the response. Yes, I do move it to the middle but the pressure there is weaker and sometimes doesn't cut the whole die out. The rubber mat is for embossing, which is what i'm getting in some instances without it...and what I'm trying to avoid.
It's been this way from day one, I've just lived with it til now. Forgot to say - the reason I bought this machine is that it has such a small footprint which is great because I don't have a large surface area for the Big Shot or similar machines.
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Have you ever thought about taking a picture of what you are doing and seeing if someone has an idea from that? ( just a random thought) I have one of those machines at work ( its something I do not use hardly ever) because, I have a lot of steel ruled sizzix dies so, at home I have a bigshot. and I ended up taking the grand caliber and the cuttlebug to work.

at any rate I am also wondering if it would help to have say a sheet of printer paper in between the paper you are diecutting and the cutting pads to absorb any of the pressure from the imperfections in the cut plates. and or if there is a different configuration of ways to arrange those cut pads. ( for instance the cuttlebug has B & C thickness plates) and its been so long since I looked at the SB machine I cannot remember what it has)

seems to me one of the plates for that one was a big sheet of flexible rubber?

it also seems to me the most pressure those roller machines have is towards the edges, so there is less pressure in the very center of where the rollers are. try moving the die off the edge of the cut pad and more towards the center?